steward watch 2010-11

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: steward watch 2010-11

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2010 16:54

RoyalBlue

get real.

You pay to reserve your seat for league games only, as they are quaranteed to happen. Home cup games aren't.

Is that difficult for you to understand? Is it such a sacrifice to sit somewhere else during a cup match or are you just too precious?
:roll:

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 26 Aug 2010 16:58

Of course he is. Do you not realise RFC should consult him about everything before they take any action? His knowledge and insight is so much more superior than anyone else on here.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2010 17:29

If he was a ST holder in the North or Upper West he'd have had trouble on Tuesday night if he'd wanted to sit in his ST seat! :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2010 18:01

Yellowcoat Of course he is. Do you not realise RFC should consult him about everything before they take any action? His knowledge and insight is so much more superior than anyone else on here.

And you sir are ............ Has no one ever told you about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

And Gordons Cumming is subtly rewriting what the understanding was. Of course home cup games aren't guaranteed to happen (even less so the way things are currently) but when they do happen I'm sure most season ticket holders believed that they would have first opportunity to buy a ticket for the seat that was allocated to their season ticket.

No I'm not too fecking precious you ....... However, if RFC are going to change the way things operate, then I am perfectly entitled to choose whether I want to pay to attend that particular game.The Northampton game was pretty unattractive as it was so it didn't take much more to decide to save my money.

Keep removing things previously seen as benefits (by at least some season ticket holders) and in doing so reduce the incentive for giving the club all that money up front. :roll:

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 26 Aug 2010 18:53

RoyalBlue
No I'm not too fecking precious you ....... However, if RFC are going to change the way things operate, then I am perfectly entitled to choose whether I want to pay to attend that particular game.The Northampton game was pretty unattractive as it was so it didn't take much more to decide to save my money.

Keep removing things previously seen as benefits (by at least some season ticket holders) and in doing so reduce the incentive for giving the club all that money up front. :roll:

You really are a glass half empty sort aren't you?

So they could have wasted money opening all the stands - that would be wrong though as they are so tight :shock: Instead they gave ST holders a much reduced ticket price.

if not they could annoy just the north standers and upper westers by making them move and give those in the east and lower west a benefit. That would really be fair wouldn't it? Instead they made it unreserved and it was good fun to sit and talk to different people. I sat near my usual seat but did have to put up with a regular on here who normally sits in the north stand sitting just behind me.

Seems to me they came up with a sensible compromise and you missed a great game :D

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 27 Aug 2010 13:45

I am a ST holder in the Upper West.
I enjoyed viewing the game from a different perspective. (You can watch the wind turbine in the boring bits of the match!).
I'd have been a bit peeved if somebody sat in "my" seat after the interval though. There's still a subtle difference between "unreserved" and "free-for-all". If you went to the toilet on a Ryanair flight and found somebody sitting in your seat when you got back, wouldn't you be a bit cross? Same applies at the footy. Once you've claimed a seat then it is yours for the duration of the match.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Aug 2010 16:16

Upper West Ginger Once you've claimed a seat then it is yours for the duration of the match.

Only if you get someone to keep it "your" seat.

It's unreserved from the first half and unreserved from the 2nd half.

Survival of the fittest I'm afraid. :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2010 21:22

RoyalBlue
Terminal Boardom
RoyalBlue I understood and it was another reason for not giving the club even more of my hard earned cash. One of the main reasons for renewing our season tickets was that we like the location and view. If the ST doesn't even give us the right to pay to use those seats then the club can whistle for our hard earned cash at those games.

Until we draw Man Utd in the Cup then you will be first to complain if you don't get a ticket.

No I won't! Or have they quietly done away with Royalty Points?!
Anyway, I meant whistle for my cash when I can't get the same seat that my season ticket normally covers.

usually cup gammes you get your season ticket reserved but since this was such a poor seller they had to just do the 2 sides, and thats fair enough.

and lol- imo the seat you sit in is yours till half time only imo

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 29 Aug 2010 21:56

Polite request to come back to your seat usually does the trick.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Aug 2010 02:36

Gordons Cumming Is that difficult for you to understand? Is it such a sacrifice to sit somewhere else during a cup match or are you just too precious?
Yes, I wouldn't want to watch a game from anywhere other than my seat as used to the view and the associated leg room.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Aug 2010 10:39

Big Foot
Gordons Cumming Is that difficult for you to understand? Is it such a sacrifice to sit somewhere else during a cup match or are you just too precious?
Yes, I wouldn't want to watch a game from anywhere other than my seat as used to the view and the associated leg room.

Bless you.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Aug 2010 13:30

Gordons Cumming
Big Foot

Bless you.

Possession is nine tenths of the law

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 01 Sep 2010 17:22

RoyalBlue
Yellowcoat Of course he is. Do you not realise RFC should consult him about everything before they take any action? His knowledge and insight is so much more superior than anyone else on here.

And you sir are ............ Has no one ever told you about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

And Gordons Cumming is subtly rewriting what the understanding was. Of course home cup games aren't guaranteed to happen (even less so the way things are currently) but when they do happen I'm sure most season ticket holders believed that they would have first opportunity to buy a ticket for the seat that was allocated to their season ticket.

Except that in this instance the incentive was to get a ticket for only £7, not to reserve your seat. This has been the case for ST holders in the early rounds of the CC for a while now

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 08 Sep 2010 10:31

Four pages and no-one has yet made a valid complaint.

'My bag was searched' - yes, and many bags are searched. 18,000 people go into the ground and when you enter the stadium you see about 30 or 40 doing so. They are searching others.

'I had to walk in a certain direction around the stadium' - yes, rubbish health and safety laws that have been in place for ages. Keeping pedestrians moving one way, consistent direction etc. Would you rather he lost his job because he was seen letting people go somewhere they shouldn't?

'My season ticket doesn't reserve a seat at cup game' - no fcuking way, this is new information. :roll:

Magnus

by Magnus » 08 Sep 2010 13:26

I'd heard it was 3 stewards and a representative of STAR but perhaps it's been exaggerated in the telling.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Sep 2010 20:36

I wouldn't mind having my bag searched if I saw them "spot check" searching your "typical" hoolie. If they think a 50 year old grandmother has some awful weapon hidden in her bag, why don't they assume the same of a 19 year old youth in Stone Island or whatever they wear now? Just because they don't carry a bag, doesn't mean they might not be carrying an offensive weapon.

I've yet to see depictions of hooliganism in films or whatever where the protagonists stop to get a knife/hammer whatever out of a little bag. :roll:

I'd just be interested to know what they are actually looking for when they peer inside my bag. As I said earlier, last home game, they just looked in the top - didn't touch or feel the bag or anything - so if I did have something they wouldn't have seen it anyway. They're just paying lip service and it just annoys me that people with bags, including old grannies such as myself, are the ones they search. The only offensive thing I carry on my person is my face and my foul mouth. :wink:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Sep 2010 20:39

Why not e-mail the club and ask them, instead of asking on here. You might actually get a response. Nothing ventured etc.

Magnus

by Magnus » 08 Sep 2010 22:22

3 minutes 2-0, you're slipping.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Sep 2010 10:10

Royal Lady The only offensive thing I carry on my person is my face and my foul mouth.

:shock:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Sep 2010 14:25

Royal Lady I wouldn't mind having my bag searched if I saw them "spot check" searching your "typical" hoolie. If they think a 50 year old grandmother has some awful weapon hidden in her bag, why don't they assume the same of a 19 year old youth in Stone Island or whatever they wear now? Just because they don't carry a bag, doesn't mean they might not be carrying an offensive weapon.

You can't do that, it's against their human rights !

Why should people be searched on the grounds of what clothes they wear?

Also, I'd think that your bag is probably being searched more for taking in alcohol/food& drink and the club would be concerned about that getting into the ground when they have catering deals in place.