Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Fezza

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Fezza » 30 Aug 2010 12:24

Thanks for the good times Gylfi.

Now time for Jem to start to show us what he is all about.

Not a lot you can do with a release clause, particularly as the agent will have played a big role in that being added. Anyone that thought a championship club could hold on to a player of his quality is deluded. It's clearly not the end of the world. Man up and grow some balls whingers!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2010 12:24

Guys whilst I agree this is shocking and unnaceptable (see my posts last night), let's just hold fire for a sec until we know the details.

If we do get 6 mill for him and spend 1mill each on a decent striker, a decent CB and a not-bad replacement who McDermott can build up (like he did with Gylfi), we'll be 3 MILLION POUNDS RICHER and will have pretty much sorted otu our squad! Then we'll be a bit embarassed for having made all the fuss won't we?

Would we rather that or have Gylfi in the team but with a toothless frontline and no defensive cover as it stands?

Don't get me wrong I'm no Madejski lover but I'm not going to start officially joining the Madejski-out brigade just yet until we see what develops overall.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 30 Aug 2010 12:24

On the upside, anyone looking forward to local derbies at Swindon next year? :roll:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 30 Aug 2010 12:24

Frankly the club would be stupid to turn down the kind of money that's on offer here, I'm disappointed he's going obviously, but he'd get first team at hoffenheim and it's a higher quality league so it's better than him staying here. So what he said himself earlier in the season doesn't apply as he was talking about the premier league.

Best of luck Gylfi.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 30 Aug 2010 12:25

leww_rfc I'm not too bothered about getting Fryatt atm tbh.

Agreed. Don't think we'll be able to replace Sig to be honest.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 30 Aug 2010 12:25

2 world wars, 1 world cup Guys whilst I agree this is shocking and unnaceptable (see my posts last night), let's just hold fire for a sec until we know the details.

If we do get 6 mill for him and spend 1mill each on a decent striker, a decent CB and a not-bad replacement who McDermott can build up (like he did with Gylfi), we'll be 3 MILLION POUNDS RICHER and will have pretty much sorted otu our squad! Then we'll be a bit embarassed for having made all the fuss won't we?

Would we rather that or have Gylfi in the team but with a toothless frontline and no defensive cover as it stands?

Don't get me wrong I'm no Madejski lover but I'm not going to start officially joining the Madejski-out brigade just yet until we see what develops overall.

Excpet its £4.25 not £6m

Boyband

by Boyband » 30 Aug 2010 12:25

Thanks for the memories Gylfi, only 1 season but so many moments of genius.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 30 Aug 2010 12:25

Fcking gutted...
4.25 mil is a fcking steal...

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 30 Aug 2010 12:26

One again, I keep seeing people quote £6M. There is no way that we have been offered £6M for a player who has one good season with a lot of promise who has a release clause in their contract! It's the whole point behind a release clause.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 30 Aug 2010 12:26

for Hoffenheim obviously

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 30 Aug 2010 12:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup Guys whilst I agree this is shocking and unnaceptable (see my posts last night), let's just hold fire for a sec until we know the details.

i agree for all we konw BMD could beon the phone now to kishs agent

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 12:28

The morale at the club will nosedive now. This will have such a detrimental effect on the fans, staff & players. Really bloody angry.

I just don't see how people can defend the club on this one? This is not a footballing decision. Other players could have gone tto make up the "black hole" that don't put so many bums on seats. Gylfi was genuinely exciting.

I can't help feeling really disillusioned atm. BM will need to be a miracle worker to pick the squad up after this.

Good luck to Gylfi though. Lets hope he doesn't warm the bench & that talent isn't wasted. Sure that won't happen though.

Do people genuinely believe we will get adequate cover in the squad as a result of this transfer? I don't!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 30 Aug 2010 12:28

jonboy29red

doubt it...

Boyband

by Boyband » 30 Aug 2010 12:28

jonboy29red

So what? Kish ain't gonna score 20 goals a season from midfield.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 30 Aug 2010 12:29

MmmMonsterMunch The morale at the club will nosedive now. This will have such a detrimental effect on the fans, staff & players. Really bloody angry.

I just don't see how people can defend the club on this one? This is not a footballing decision. Other players could have gone tto make up the "black hole" that don't put so many bums on seats. Gylfi was genuinely exciting.

I can't help feeling really disillusioned atm. BM will need to be a miracle worker to pick the squad up after this.

Good luck to Gylfi though. Lets hope he doesn't warm the bench & that talent isn't wasted. Sure that won't happen though.

Do people genuinely believe we will get adequate cover in the squad as a result of this transfer? I don't!

Depends what magic BMc can weave with £50K !!! :D

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 30 Aug 2010 12:29

MmmMonsterMunch The morale at the club will nosedive now. This will have such a detrimental effect on the fans, staff & players. Really bloody angry.

Not a chance! This club has become a joke. The board seem happy that we've had our glory years and now want to line their pockets. Cnuts.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Aug 2010 12:30

Well done to all at the top at Reading Football Club. Should we sell Gylfi, then the reasons why need to given by Mr Mad himself. If not, I'm out. Goodbye RFC.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 30 Aug 2010 12:30

This lad will be big :cry:

Out of all the players we could have sold, he was last on the list for me, he's irreplaceable!

Legend.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 30 Aug 2010 12:31

strap April 1st in iceland BTW.

Mods please delete this nonsense thread.

Thanks.

Apologies to IcelandicStoke for not believing his first post. Sad, sad day. (Not sad for not believing, sad for Gylfi leaving).

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 30 Aug 2010 12:31

Zammo Well done to all at the top at Reading Football Club. Should we sell Gylfi, then the reasons why need to given by Mr Mad himself. If not, I'm out. Goodbye RFC.

They activated his release clause.

Next?

1419 posts