Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

181 posts
URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

by URZZZZZZZZ » 30 Aug 2010 12:20

RoyalBlue
Schards#2 I think everyone would be happy if Madejski sold up, particularly Madejski. However much he goes on about his commitment to the club, actions speak louder than words.

Out of interest, how many clubs have been purchased since Madejski said he wanted to sell?

And if RFC is such a great business, how come he hasn't managed to sell when others have?

Maybe because of Madejski's outlandish valuation of the club?? £70 million?!? have a word!

sawyers left arm

No hope of prem return

by sawyers left arm » 30 Aug 2010 13:56

Gylfi going is the final straw for me mad must go! The club is showing zero ambition so the players will throw in the towell now without doubt, why would they bother?
If the chairman said there you go Brian theres 6 million spend it how you like then I could stomach the decision, but all we will get is the usual Hammond drivel about how good the deal is for the club and heres £60 brian, get us promoted.

Pathetic decision in my view and shows this club has zero ambition now

Finch

Re: No hope of prem return

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 13:58

And it's taken you until now to realise this?

RFC died 4 years ago pal.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 30 Aug 2010 14:04

Finch And it's taken you until now to realise this?

yes, that 2006/7 season was a nightmare.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Aug 2010 14:26

RoyalBlue
Schards#2 I think everyone would be happy if Madejski sold up, particularly Madejski. However much he goes on about his commitment to the club, actions speak louder than words.

Out of interest, how many clubs have been purchased since Madejski said he wanted to sell?

And if RFC is such a great business, how come he hasn't managed to sell when others have?

This really sticks in my throat. The daft old coot is nothing but a media whore. I would not be at all surprised if the reason he has not sold are because:
1. Wants too much money
2. Demands that the stadium is never renamed
3. Demands money from the hotel regularly
4. Demands money from the club after it has changed hands
5. Demands that the hotel never changes its name

If anyone had the riches of Croesus, would they want to purchase a club on these terms? I know that would not. Why should anyone else?

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 15:02

Terminal Boardom
RoyalBlue

This really sticks in my throat. The daft old coot is nothing but a media whore. I would not be at all surprised if the reason he has not sold are because:
1. Wants too much money

If anyone had the riches of Croesus, would they want to purchase a club on these terms? I know that would not. Why should anyone else?

Spot on. We're effectively in a football dictatorship at the moment. Run by a guy who won't give the fans anything, but won't sell up either. It shouldn't be allowed.

FozzieMcgregor

by FozzieMcgregor » 30 Aug 2010 16:23

Is that Director's Test (formerly known as the Fit & Proper Persons Test) a one time deal, pre-purchase?

Should be like an MoT, tested over time.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 16:28

However long ago "RFC died"... the OP is spot on. Yes, there's plenty of threads/posts stating similar but this is one of those situations where it REALLY doesn't hurt to drum it home.

Madejski out.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Aug 2010 16:36

Terminal Boardom
1. Wants too much money

1. I've heard this a couple of times. There have been interested parties but they've all been scared off for one reason or another.
2. If true this is ridiculous. A key money maker these days is selling the naming rights or offering them for sponsorship. This would be money for nothing.
3 and 4. Surely only if he sells a % in both but keeps his hand in?
5. Again, a joke if true.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Aug 2010 16:42

RoyalBlue
Once were Biscuitmen Coming out of a global recession how many million/billionaires are going to want to invest in a loss making 2nd tier football club? Further a club which is suffering from trying to run itself as a business like any other rather than piling on debt to secure temporary success. Reading FC are corporate proof of the insanity any new owner would be buying into.

Nobody was complaining when JM was subsidizing purchases in the 3rd tier or guaranteeing the loans that secured us our shiny, new stadium and ultimately our moment in the sun.

There no theoretical Russian/Arab/Chinese Billionaires lined up to buy the club and even if there were would 70 million vs 50 million quid put them off when they knew they would have to subsidise losses for every year of their ownership anyway.

It's football which is broken and not JMs stewardship of Reading FC.

Football isn't broken no matter how much people claim it is. It's just Madejski doesn't want to play in the same league and by the same rules as the majority. Deluded old *** seems to think he can operate successfully in a totally different way.

Football isn't broken ? What world are you living in ?

Portsmouth (twice), Leeds, Crystal Palace, Brisol City ......... etc.

All these are clubs that, using the football business model of spend what you haven't got in the vain hope of recouping some of it, have swindled normal business folk out of millions, but somehow lived to fight another day.

MOST clubs operate at a loss and most are wildly in debt. It is only the deluded Madjeski types that have propped up the current model so long.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 30 Aug 2010 16:45

The whole company structure should be broken up and instead of trying to sell it for a stupid amount of money in the current economic climate...he can sell the club and keep the bloody hotel and conference suites etc himself ---- and fund its future out of his own pocket

Then we may get some interest....bloody hope so

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 30 Aug 2010 17:16

Footballers come and go from clubs get over it.

£5m + is good business for RFC providing it is reinvested in the team as we need a striker and centre half.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Aug 2010 17:18

The Real Sandhurst Royal Footballers come and go from clubs get over it.

£5m + is good business for RFC providing it is reinvested in the team as we need a striker and centre half.

Like previous sales, I expect it to be reinvested too......... not!

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 30 Aug 2010 17:22

DOYLERSAROYALER The whole company structure should be broken up and instead of trying to sell it for a stupid amount of money in the current economic climate...he can sell the club and keep the bloody hotel and conference suites etc himself ---- and fund its future out of his own pocket

Then we may get some interest....bloody hope so

So to get this straight; your master plan is to separate off the only profitable parts of the group and only sell the bit that makes a big loss, every year?

Now assuming you can find some idiot willing to buy this for how many years would you want a new owner to lose his/her own money?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 Aug 2010 17:25

And we'll get neither. While I understand the sentiment we'll be fobbed off with the balancing the books again and Brian'll see very little (if nothing) of it.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Aug 2010 17:30

Royal With Cheese

And we'll get neither. While I understand the sentiment we'll be fobbed off with the balancing the books again and Brian'll see very little (if nothing) of it.

Also, we wont be getting the full amount upfront. It'll be spread out over one or more seasons and probably a clause thrown in too. Any reinvestment, if any, will be small.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 17:33

Finch And it's taken you until now to realise this?

:roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Aug 2010 17:53

We have no money so what are we expected to do if a big offer arrives for any player? Also even if the offer is accepted it doesn't necessarily mean that that player'll go.

If we got 4 million up front then it will be interesting to see what the club makes available to Heston. If doesn't get at least what we've already saved and brought in as wages and transfer fees then that'll be something get at JM over.

And if Heston is clever enough we could get 2/3 players in who overall make the squad a better sum that that which we had with Gylfi.

So let's see what is available to spend and who comes in to strengthen to squad

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 17:54

Probably no-one by Tuesday, this is the thing. That'll be the excuse.

Also, heston :lol:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Aug 2010 17:57

joe999 Probably no-one by Tuesday, this is the thing. That'll be the excuse.

That's irrelevant as the loan window re-opens next Tuesday for FL clubs I believe....

181 posts