Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Sir Rodger Doyle

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 30 Aug 2010 23:12

Hobbs, Bertrand and Lallana please. Then I will be appeased.

themadstad

by themadstad » 30 Aug 2010 23:13

West Stand Flash Jonny Fordham has just tweeted that he expects tomorrow to heat up some more.
Being Reading this will only be for the worse, not that new players will be coming in.

He's also tweeted that he's heard Gylfi has agreed a 4 year deal with Hoffenheim and all will be confirmed tomorrow.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 30 Aug 2010 23:17

Bundesliga wages: 39% of total revenue
Premier League: 63% of total revenue

Also interesting to note that since its inception in 1963, not one single Bundesliga club has had to file for bankruptcy.
Last edited by Ark Royal on 30 Aug 2010 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2010 23:18

rabidbee
sandman
Ark Royal
The Little Englander mentality in this thread is pathetic. I believe that one of the main aims of The Greatest League In The World (Copyright Sky) was to strengthen the national team. How did that go then? The Premier League is now just a flashier version of the Scottish Premier that is heading for financial armageddon. Good luck to Sig for recognizing that there is almost certainly a better career path for him in the Bundesliga than wallowing in the stiffs of a 'top, top' English club. He will be playing in a more competitive league.

How dare you call us little Englanders

All together now There were ten german......

players in the Bayern team for the 2010 UEFA Champion's League Final?

Five and a Spaniard and Pole masquerading as Germans actually. :wink:
Last edited by sandman on 30 Aug 2010 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 30 Aug 2010 23:19

Sir Rodger Doyle Hobbs, Bertrand and Lallana please. Then I will be appeased.

+1 Although I'm not sure Bertrand is eligible to move until January if he's agreed a six month loan.

I know it will outrage many of you for being so rational but I'm going to wait until 5pm tommorrow before I judge Madejski or anyone else on this. Its immensly disappointing to lose Sig after it seemed we'd kept him here for an extra season but only two days ago people were complaining that we haven't cashed in on one of our bigger players so we can strengthen the team as a whole.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Aug 2010 23:24

2008 champions league semi finals = 3 English teams out of 4
2009 champions league semi finals = 3 English teams out of 4

Last 4 champions league tournaments, only one team from Germany has got out of the group stage. This tends to suggest the premiership is stronger, or are you also going to tell me that the champions league is not the top European competition?

I'm obviously wrong and bow down to you.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 30 Aug 2010 23:31

pea

+1 Although I'm not sure Bertrand is eligible to move until January if he's agreed a six month loan.

I know it will outrage many of you for being so rational but I'm going to wait until 5pm tommorrow before I judge Madejski or anyone else on this. Its immensly disappointing to lose Sig after it seemed we'd kept him here for an extra season but only two days ago people were complaining that we haven't cashed in on one of our bigger players so we can strengthen the team as a whole.

Didn't we buy Cummings when he was on loan to WBA?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Aug 2010 23:32

Christ alive. Some people need to get a grip.

Young players leave small clubs for better things all the time. Might be a shock to some, but we are a small club.

The power lies with the player. Gylfi could have gone for pretty much fcuk all over the summer. Renegotiating his contract was a good move and guaranteed us a decent (if not great) fee.

LOL at anyone thinking JM is trousering the cash. He written off/converted to share capital millions supporting our team.

None of our strikers are too hot as one up front. We won't play 4-4-2 with Gylfi in the team so this will be a chance to change. If not, Jake Taylor might be able to step up.

Players come and players go. Sure he's a special talent and I'd love to have seen more of him but shit happens. Good luck to the lad.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 23:33

Why is this turning into England v Germany?!!

The facts are that atm Hoffenheim is a much better prospect for Gylfi than Reading. Furthermore, he will probably get regular game time in the Bundesliga without morons getting on his back like they would in the PL or worse, he'd just rot on the bench picking up a pay chq at one of the big clubs in England.

In Germany they play good quick passing football which will suit him. Good luck to him.

My 2p worth - the PL is a load of over priced shit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2010 23:35

We've built our team and formation around Gylfi. Players may come and go but it's going to be a very difficult to recover from this.As for 442 :lol: It's outdated.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Aug 2010 23:36

The fact Gylfi going is sad but not unexpeceted. The issue as I see it is that he has gone for far less, way far less than he is actually worth. That is what pisses me off as well as what the daft old coot said when Gylfi signed a new contract in the summer:

I hope this contract underpins our determination to progress in the forthcoming season and that it inspires fans to keep up their fantastic support

Someone should gag the old duffer.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 23:36

cant see it althought lord knows we need Berty in place of williams who is a shocking player

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Aug 2010 23:40

MmmMonsterMunch Why is this turning into England v Germany?!!

The facts are that atm Hoffenheim is a much better prospect for Gylfi than Reading.

I agree - others didn't which is why it turned into an England vs Germany debate. People were disputing that moving to Germany was a bad move for him. We were pointing out they were wrong and explaining why. Hoffenheim > most prem clubs that he'd actually get a game for.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 30 Aug 2010 23:42

We'll get Mackail Smith in or some other useless nomark who has failed at his current club and has a "point to prove"..isn't that the Reading way?

Beginning to think getting to the prem was the worst thing that ever happened. Not to the club, but to our aspirations. Bundesliga > Championship.

Good look to Gylfi, just think it should have been next summer.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 30 Aug 2010 23:57

MmmMonsterMunch The facts are that atm Hoffenheim is a much better prospect for Gylfi than Reading.
:lol:

They're in second after two games of the new season, and the past two seasons have had pretty mediocre finishes. After two games Reading had a single point. Doesn't suddenly mean we were one of the favourites for relegation :roll:

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 30 Aug 2010 23:59

Am I the only one who thinks Bundesliga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Championship in terms of showcasing your talents on the global football arena?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 30 Aug 2010 23:59

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2010 00:00

That Friday Feeling Christ alive. Some people need to get a grip.

Young players leave small clubs for better things all the time. Might be a shock to some, but we are a small club.

The power lies with the player. Gylfi could have gone for pretty much fcuk all over the summer. Renegotiating his contract was a good move and guaranteed us a decent (if not great) fee.

LOL at anyone thinking JM is trousering the cash. He written off/converted to share capital millions supporting our team.

None of our strikers are too hot as one up front. We won't play 4-4-2 with Gylfi in the team so this will be a chance to change. If not, Jake Taylor might be able to step up.

Players come and players go. Sure he's a special talent and I'd love to have seen more of him but shit happens. Good luck to the lad.

Best post on this miserable thread.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 31 Aug 2010 00:04

TBF, he wasn't that good. Wake up.
We have better players waiting,

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 31 Aug 2010 00:04

Ozymandias TBF, he wasn't that good. Wake up.
We have better players waiting,

are you taking the piss m8?

1419 posts