Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Row Z Royal » 31 Aug 2010 20:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Gylfi's greed will be his downfall.

Row Z Royal
I do believe Germany was the wrong move for him though.

Srsly?

Germany's the home of cultured midfielders. There probably isn't anywhere better for him to be.

Then I'm probably wrong.

I'd have just thought a Premiership career is worth more financially.

WOW That's the quickest turnaround I've ever seen. ONE PAGE.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How on earthe can it be JM's fault , lets get real people

by Arch » 31 Aug 2010 20:27

PEARCEY Why oh why do idiots like you have to mention the worst case scenarios like Portsmouth. We are not remotely in the shit compared to them and could have kept hold of Siggy for another season with a debt that frankly compared to many clubs constitutes loose change.

So you would have stood in his way, then?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 Aug 2010 20:29

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2010 20:31

marekisgod Dont get me wrong im as diasppointed as the next person about Gylfi leaving , but put yourself in his shoes and the clubs .

If you were Gylfi would you stay at Reading on supposedly £5000 a week or go to a top German side for £15000 + a week and playing top flight football each week and possibly european football next year ?

If you were JM or a member of the Reading management would you want to keep a player here who has been offered 3 times hos salary and top flight football , thus making him a sulky 20 year old who would be gone by xmas anyway and pocket 6 million to boot to help keep afloat a football club that is not exactly breaking even .

Do we really want to be another Portsmouth , so please lets all get real and move on from Gylfi wish him well and hope we carry on without him .

Feel free to labast me but you need to think about whats more important !

How is it Madejski's fault????? Because he talks big ambition, cashes in on our most valuable asset and still won't release the funds to enable us to replace that player and further strengthen our squad as is clearly desperately needed.

Maybe he had no option to sell but he has still chosen to keep the money back.

The man talks the talk big time but appears completely unwilling/incapable of walking it.

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 31 Aug 2010 20:33

So U reckon Gylfi would have wanted to stay another season then , are u insane did u not read his press release 'it was too good an opportunity to pass up' , its what footballers and normal people do , deal with it .

Why oh why do idiots like you have to mention the worst case scenarios like Portsmouth. We are not remotely in the shit compared to them and could have kept hold of Siggy for another season with a debt that frankly compared to many clubs constitutes loose change

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 31 Aug 2010 20:33

Arch
PEARCEY Why oh why do idiots like you have to mention the worst case scenarios like Portsmouth. We are not remotely in the shit compared to them and could have kept hold of Siggy for another season with a debt that frankly compared to many clubs constitutes loose change.

So you would have stood in his way, then?

Absolutely. He's under contract and I would be surprised if he would have had a "hissy" about having to stay until next May...he's a decent lad and has been very happy at this club. If we didn't go up in May then sure let him move.....but not yet.
What really grates is the need for Pompey and the likes of Leeds to be mentioned every time talk of investing in the squad rears its head. Its pathetic.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2010 20:34

Binfield Royal thats a bit too sensible for on here mate.

The dreamers think that because Mr Mad is rich, he should fork out and sign Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo (not the fat one) Gerrard et al.

You and I (and more importantly, JM and the board) know that this is not the way to run the club, that we are not going to buy our way back into the PL and if we get back, it will be by getting a team of youth and journeymen to perform consistantly above expectation.

Back the boys and eat the pies :D

come on you Rzzz

Why write such a pile of old crap! Totally OTT & indicative of idiots on here who can't see there's a middle ground. Who the hell on here thinks Madejski should be signing stars?....no one. People are expecting players that got sold for monster cash i.e. £7m to be replaced by something other than a £50k 33 yr old LEFT BACK from fcuking Carlisle.

E.g. Hulse, Smith, Fryatt, Maynard etc etc - all a fraction of the price we got for Sig. Why couldn't we have spent £1-2m on a proven striker?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 31 Aug 2010 20:38

marekisgod So U reckon Gylfi would have wanted to stay another season then , are u insane did u not read his press release 'it was too good an opportunity to pass up' , its what footballers and normal people do , deal with it .

Why oh why do idiots like you have to mention the worst case scenarios like Portsmouth. We are not remotely in the shit compared to them and could have kept hold of Siggy for another season with a debt that frankly compared to many clubs constitutes loose change

You need to understand that most Reading fans are very realistic and realise the club won't lash out millions on new players and do a Pompey. The trouble is people like you always have to take your argument to its extreme. Grow up.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 31 Aug 2010 20:38

MmmMonsterMunch

The dreamers think that because Mr Mad is rich, he should fork out and sign Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo (not the fat one) Gerrard et al.

You and I (and more importantly, JM and the board) know that this is not the way to run the club, that we are not going to buy our way back into the PL and if we get back, it will be by getting a team of youth and journeymen to perform consistantly above expectation.

come on you Rzzz

Why write such a pile of old crap! Totally OTT & indicative of idiots on here who can't see there's a middle ground. Who the hell on here thinks Madejski should be signing stars?....no one. People are expecting players that got sold for monster cash i.e. £7m to be replaced by something other than a £50k 33 yr old LEFT BACK from fcuking Carlisle.

E.g. Hulse, Smith, Fryatt, Maynard etc etc - all a fraction of the price we got for Sig. Why couldn't we have spent £1-2m on a proven striker?

Because the club loses money, every year and we can't afford to.

The fact that other clubs are prepared to run up debts to finance players does not mean we should.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2010 20:43

Funny how the black hole gets bigger each time though isn't it?

Can someone please explain what possible benefit we gained from the PL because I'm struggling to comprehend how we go from 8th in PL to this?

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 31 Aug 2010 20:46

MmmMonsterMunch

come on you Rzzz

I did think we'd get Fryatt as he is rumoured to be out of favour at Leicester but really, I know I am just an STH who has never managed above under 12 level so I am happy to trust McDs judgement which he will have reached based on available budget, gaps in the squad he wants to fill and overall team spirit and most importantly, a oxf*rd sight more experience in football than I've got.

I remember Brian bought a couple of unknown strikers from some backwoods club in Ireland none of us had heard of but that worked out OK. Why not give Harte a few games before consigning him to you CM scrapheap?

I'm not being personal, just saying that you and I don't have the full picture so all we can really do is judge the management at the end of the season or if we feel really strongly, vote with our feet and not go to games. I for one, will still be going. Hope you do too.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 31 Aug 2010 20:48

MmmMonsterMunch Funny how the black hole gets bigger each time though isn't it?

Can someone please explain what possible benefit we gained from the PL because I'm struggling to comprehend how we go from 8th in PL to this?

we went to Old Trafford, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Anfield and others having earned the right to be there. These were all oxf*rd good days out!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2010 20:51

I'm not writing Harte off at all. I actually think it's a sensible signing. Very low wages yet he can play CB & LB. HOWEVER we just lost our top scorer today with no bloody replacement.

For 1899 to spend the reported £7m they have, they must have been watching Sig for ages so we knew this was on the cards. Why were there not irons in the fire to get a decent forward in?

Just more penny pinching from JM. Thats what p1sses the fans off. Yes mugs like me will probably still renew but really starting to question why these days given the club is going backwards.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 Aug 2010 21:12

Van der Vaart goes for £8m to Spurs and we get 7m for Gylfi.... Good business all round

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2010 21:15

Row Z Royal
I do believe Germany was the wrong move for him though.

Srsly?

Germany's the home of cultured midfielders. There probably isn't anywhere better for him to be.

Then I'm probably wrong.

I'd have just thought a Premiership career is worth more financially.

WOW That's the quickest turnaround I've ever seen. ONE PAGE.[/quote]

Hehe HNA is full of posters who stick stubbornly to their views however rubbish they may be!

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 31 Aug 2010 21:16

Great move for him. And a move to a club where he'll get some games, in the best league in Europe for nurturing youth, is better than going to benchwarm at Arsenal. Quite funny to see criticism on here from people who've never watched a Bundesliga match. Really pleased for him with regard to the league, just a shame that he's gone to the German version of Wigan Athletic (except even more plastic).

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Aug 2010 21:27

MmmMonsterMunch I'm not writing Harte off at all. I actually think it's a sensible signing. Very low wages yet he can play CB & LB. HOWEVER we just lost our top scorer today with no bloody replacement.

For 1899 to spend the reported £7m they have, they must have been watching Sig for ages so we knew this was on the cards. Why were there not irons in the fire to get a decent forward in?

Just more penny pinching from JM. Thats what p1sses the fans off. Yes mugs like me will probably still renew but really starting to question why these days given the club is going backwards.

(a) If Harte is a regular we INCREASE our goal-scoring options from defence (SIGnificantly). Expect 6-12 goals from him?

(b) If we play 4-4-2 (more suited to the strikers we currently have) we should expect the extra striker to get approx 10 goals in a season

WHY? Church got 12 last year, Long got 9, Raziak got 9. (24-27-17 appearances = 68 appearances, 30 goals) And that was playing mostly 4-5-1

If we play 4-4-2 and we have 2/3 (Hunt/Long/Church) we should expect a few more goals from the strikers

Playing TWO strikers for the rest of the season (84 appearances) should net an extra 7 goals at worst

9 + 7 = 16, not a lot different from 20 is it? And we should let in less goals.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 31 Aug 2010 21:31

Hehe HNA is full of posters who stick stubbornly to their views however rubbish they may be!

And full of those who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2010 21:32

Snowball
MmmMonsterMunch I'm not writing Harte off at all. I actually think it's a sensible signing. Very low wages yet he can play CB & LB. HOWEVER we just lost our top scorer today with no bloody replacement.

(a) If Harte is a regular we INCREASE our goal-scoring options from defence (SIGnificantly). Expect 6-12 goals from him?

(b) If we play 4-4-2 (more suited to the strikers we currently have) we should expect the extra striker to get approx 10 goals in a season

WHY? Church got 12 last year, Long got 9, Raziak got 9. (24-27-17 appearances = 68 appearances, 30 goals) And that was playing mostly 4-5-1

If we play 4-4-2 and we have 2/3 (Hunt/Long/Church) we should expect a few more goals from the strikers

Playing TWO strikers for the rest of the season (84 appearances) should net an extra 7 goals at worst

9 + 7 = 16, not a lot different from 20 is it? And we should let in less goals.

Will be amazed if Harte's goal tally is 12. To be brutally honest I don't think the striking options we have are good enough & the sale of Sig just makes the situation worse.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Sep 2010 00:57

Row Z Royal

And full of those who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Indeed!

1419 posts