LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8691 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - too good to go down?

by Hoop Blah » 13 Oct 2010 11:47

Stranded Court finds against Hicks & Gillett.

Not a shock really is it, at least from the details out in the public domain.

I'm guessing this was more a stalling effort by the Yanks in order to try and get another buyer to the table and put pressure on the board to consider a deal that might lose them less money.

Personally I'm still worried for Liverpool that whoever picks up the pieces from the Yanks is going to be just as bad. I hope not though.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Oct 2010 11:56

I hope so - Justice for Hysel.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 13 Oct 2010 11:58

No Fixed Abode I hope so - Justice for Heysel.

Corrected for you.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Oct 2010 12:10

Kitson12
No Fixed Abode I hope so - Justice for Heysel.

Corrected for you.

Thanks gr8 m8. :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Oct 2010 13:14

Not suprised that the judge ruled against a bunch of people who had a tenner but leveraged hundreds of millions of debt.

Good news for football fans today.

Doesn't change the fact that Liverpool are bobbins.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Oct 2010 14:09

Gregg Roughley on The Guardian It's Margaret Thatcher's 85th birthday today. And she'll be watching nothing but celebrating scousers and miners all day on TV.

:mrgreen:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 13 Oct 2010 18:24

Silver Fox But if that means LFC avoid administration there's going to be a lot of disappointed h8ers on here

Absolutely Foxy.
Especially those who (stupidly) thought that RBS would let it happen.
It's a sad day for football when some fans of other clubs want to see points deductions rather than points lost on the pitch.
I remember when Ken Bates was busy getting a few pennies together to save Chelsea.
Now look at them -champions of English football because a foreigner decided to buy them as a plaything.
One day (dream on perhaps)they could become a club bigger than just a parochial English club followed by Little Englanders and actually do what clubs like Villa,Forest,Man Utd and obviously the most successful of the lot,The Mighty Reds and actually win the top European Trophy which even Celtic have done.
So far they haven't bought that success but one day their fans could see it happen just the once but best that they don't hold their breath.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Oct 2010 00:13

A Texas court has issued a restraining order on the sale of Liverpool... I'm not sure why Texas but this is the point where I lose interest, frankly. Hicks and Gillett are claiming $1.6bn damages, too.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Oct 2010 00:18

prostak A Texas court has issued a restraining order on the sale of Liverpool... I'm not sure why Texas but this is the point where I lose interest, frankly. Hicks and Gillett are claiming $1.6bn damages, too.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39284612/Liverpool-TRO

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Oct 2010 00:53

It's late, I'm not very good at reading legal language at the best of times. Does that explain how a Texan court has jurisdiction here?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Oct 2010 01:02

The case was heard presumably ex-parte (without one or more of the parties present and/or aware of the action) in the 160th Judicial District Court in Dallas County, Texas. County Courts are established under the constitution of the State of Texas, with all judges in Texas are elected on four year terms. the talk is that the Presiding Judge Jim Gordon has as one of his campaign contributors a certain Tom Hicks. Various business, pro gun, anti union and anti abortion interests have adopted a strategy of getting "their" judges elected to state level benches right up to state supreme courts across the south and west and this looks no different.

Completely agree about the jurisdiction issues - how a municipal court in Texas claims jurisdiction over a "chain" of companies starting in England & Wales through to Kop Holdings LLC registered in the State of Delaware is another question. There's also a Hicks/Gillett owned company in the Cayman Islands in the mix.

Judge Gordon has granted a temporary restraining order (the equivalent of an injunction) pending a hearing on 25/10/10. They're also claiming US$1.6 billion (just over £1 billion) in damages.

Hicks and Gillett are clearly just delaying things as much as possible in the hope that something new comes up.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Oct 2010 01:19

This doesn't necessarily refute your general point, but isn't Judge Jordan a Democrat?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Oct 2010 01:24

Yes, he is : http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Jim_Jordan

I think Democrats in Texas may still be waaay to the right of Democrats in other States.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Oct 2010 01:32

OK. Mensch. I feel ignorant in ways I never imagined - for instance, there's a Judgepedia?!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Oct 2010 01:33

prostak OK. Mensch. I feel ignorant in ways I never imagined - for instance, there's a Judgepedia?!

I didn't until 10 minutes ago! :lol:

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 14 Oct 2010 10:05

just on a side issue, the Tories are at the top of this slippery slope with elected Police officials

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 14 Oct 2010 10:58

BR2
Silver Fox But if that means LFC avoid administration there's going to be a lot of disappointed h8ers on here

Absolutely Foxy.
It's a sad day for football when some fans of other clubs want to see points deductions rather than points lost on the pitch.
I remember when Ken Bates was busy getting a few pennies together to save Chelsea.
Now look at them -champions of English football because a foreigner decided to buy them as a plaything.
One day (dream on perhaps)they could become a club bigger than just a parochial English club followed by Little Englanders and actually do what clubs like Villa,Forest,Man Utd and obviously the most successful of the lot,The Mighty Reds and actually win the top European Trophy which even Celtic have done.
So far they haven't bought that success but one day their fans could see it happen just the once but best that they don't hold their breath.

I think you've gone off on a tangent here m8. :lol: To be honest Chelsea are no different to Reading is most respects, just not on such a large scale. If JM hadn't have come in and saved Reading, there wouldn't be a club now.

Seriously though, if Liverpool do go into admistration, it really couldn't have happend to a nicer club.
:lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Oct 2010 13:32

If Mill Financial own all of Hicks and Gillete's shares, the two of them have no say whatsoever surely?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 14 Oct 2010 13:42

No Fixed Abode
BR2

Absolutely Foxy.

I think you've gone off on a tangent here m8. :lol: To be honest Chelsea are no different to Reading is most respects, just not on such a large scale. If JM hadn't have come in and saved Reading, there wouldn't be a club now.

Seriously though, if Liverpool do go into admistration, it really couldn't have happend to a more successful club.
:lol:

:wink:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Oct 2010 13:51

Ideal The latest reports are again strange.
Now they say that "Mill Financial" has bought all of Tom Hicks' shares.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/10/liverpool_it_could_be_all_over.html

So what happens now? Status Quo?

Down Down deeper and down.

8691 posts