Irrational likes/dislikes

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Irrational likes/dislikes

by Silver Fox » 25 Oct 2010 14:49

Terminal Boardom Not sure if it is irrational or not but I can't abide Brian Howard. He epitomises everything to me that is wrong with football. There are far better footballers playing park football on a Sunday morning.

No there aren't

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Oct 2010 14:52

I like the idea of Shane Long but find his utter shiteness pre-Xmas mystifying.

I also like the idea of a talented young striker coming through the ranks but why did we get Simon 'finishing's not my strong point' Church.

Further irrational love for Griffin and Mills for they look like they're nails.

It's the flashy, dandy, too-cool-for-school, too-cool-to-cross effectively wingers I don't like.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 25 Oct 2010 14:56

Remember this one from before. My like was Little (obviously) and my dislike was Murty.

Now its....

Like: Andy Griffin. If he can still cut it looking like he does then theres still hope for me making a comeback. Whenever I watch him I feel like I'm watching some old Sci-Fi programme where they've beamed a woodbine smoking,stout drinking bloke from the 40's into modern football. Add this to the fact that his arrival coincided with the true unleashing of Kebe and that while everyone else runs around like headless chickens as is the wont of the modern footballer he just strolls around making it look all so easy. He's also expert at the sly,cynical cheap shot which will always go down well with me. Basically he's a dirty filthy plodding throwback. Whats not to like?

Dislike: Matt Mills. Where to start? Well taking aside the obvious jealousy factor, I'll start at the beginning. Rodgers' marquee signing that Rodgers didn't want to play. How shit must you be to have pretty much a whole transfer budget spent on you and then be left out for Alex Pearce?. Also he came from Doncaster with the selling point of being the leader of that passing side. Problem is he can't pass even 5 yards accurately most of the time. He covers up for this though by attempting 70 yard cross-field punts in the misguided belief that it is somehow more acceptable when he oxf*rd this up. He finds utterly pointless ways of getting booked & then tries to give it the "man of the people" bollox by slumming it with the fans on away games he's not playing in. Oh and keep your middle finger to yourself dickhead.

However all of that is nothing compared to the real reason I hate him which is because he's taken up this spot that should have been given over that rotund ex Swindon fraudster Brian Howard.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 25 Oct 2010 15:03

I find it hard to dislike any Reading players but if Matt Mills played for anyone else I might be able to.

I also found it hard to take to Marek when he was here and I think the reason was the over the top praise from some supporters. Since this was not his fault that definitely qualifies as irrational.

The reverse is true when a player gets over the top criticism so at the moment I particularly want Shane Long and Simon Church to do well.
Last edited by Elmer Park on 25 Oct 2010 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 25 Oct 2010 15:07

Kebe: For all the reasons Maguire has already mentioned.
Sara Jacob: I love her silky blonde hair, slender figure and family centred Christian moral outlook.

Dislikes:

Martin Williams: Shit footballer with even shitter hair. Shit nickname.
Scott Murray: Mummy's boy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Oct 2010 15:14

Vision's saved me a post again...

I don't think there irrational though, and I'm not sure Mills actually creeps in above Federici (see floyds reasoning) or Long (for all his hard work he's sometimes a right lazy git and his touch, movement and general attitude wind me up).

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Oct 2010 15:23

Why do I have it in my head that Mills joined before Rodgers was announced, this isn't right at all is it?

Like : - Everyone except for,

Dislike : - Matt Mills, walks around the pitch like he owns it, thinks he can pass.. but he can't.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 25 Oct 2010 15:36

Dislikes: Every single player in our squad.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 25 Oct 2010 15:47

Dislike: Alex Pearce. A shocking footballer with the turning circle of the Exxon Valdez. If he is the next John Terry, then I am the next Scarlett Johansson.
Like: Jay Tabb. Prototypical hard-working footballer that I would have in any team.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Oct 2010 16:26

Hugo Boss Likes: None.
Dislikes: Every single player in our squad.

RACIST!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Oct 2010 16:41

Vision Dislike: Matt MillsAlso he came from Doncaster with the selling point of being the leader of that passing side. Problem is he can't pass even 5 yards accurately most of the time. He covers up for this though by attempting 70 yard cross-field punts in the misguided belief that it is somehow more acceptable when he oxf*rd this up.

That has always been my one gripe about Mills, that aside I think he is a fantastic defender and a brilliant leader for the team.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Oct 2010 16:41

Used to like - Marek - not irrationally though.

Now I like - Kebe and Mills
I dislike - no-one that I can think of.

And it's not irrational anyway, but I have to write something to keep the old post count up.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Oct 2010 17:19

I dislike any 'promising' youngster who is essentially shit. Because it seems our entire mong squad would spunk all over his shirt for no other reason than he is from our Academy. Alex Pearce being a perfect example. Or that lollaping bafoon Antonio.

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 25 Oct 2010 17:35

Like - Brian Howard - threw me his training jacket when he was at Sheff Utd. I went to see them play QPR as a neutral and ended up with his jacket. Well chuffed when he signed for us

Dislike - Jem Karacan and Ben Hamer - they deleted me on Facebook

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Oct 2010 17:46

Vision Remember this one from before. My like was Little (obviously) and my dislike was Murty.

Now its....

Like: Andy Griffin. If he can still cut it looking like he does then theres still hope for me making a comeback. Whenever I watch him I feel like I'm watching some old Sci-Fi programme where they've beamed a woodbine smoking,stout drinking bloke from the 40's into modern football. Add this to the fact that his arrival coincided with the true unleashing of Kebe and that while everyone else runs around like headless chickens as is the wont of the modern footballer he just strolls around making it look all so easy. He's also expert at the sly,cynical cheap shot which will always go down well with me. Basically he's a dirty filthy plodding throwback. Whats not to like?

Dislike: Matt Mills. Where to start? Well taking aside the obvious jealousy factor, I'll start at the beginning. Rodgers' marquee signing that Rodgers didn't want to play. How shit must you be to have pretty much a whole transfer budget spent on you and then be left out for Alex Pearce?. Also he came from Doncaster with the selling point of being the leader of that passing side. Problem is he can't pass even 5 yards accurately most of the time. He covers up for this though by attempting 70 yard cross-field punts in the misguided belief that it is somehow more acceptable when he oxf*rd this up. He finds utterly pointless ways of getting booked & then tries to give it the "man of the people" bollox by slumming it with the fans on away games he's not playing in. Oh and keep your middle finger to yourself dickhead.

However all of that is nothing compared to the real reason I hate him which is because he's taken up this spot that should have been given over that rotund ex Swindon fraudster Brian Howard.

Having given us a fufull description as to why you like or dislike the current ones, how does that make it irrational ?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 25 Oct 2010 17:50

Tony Le Mesmer I dislike any 'promising' youngster who is essentially shit. Because it seems our entire mong squad would spunk all over his shirt for no other reason than he is from our Academy. Alex Pearce being a perfect example. Or that lollaping bafoon Antonio.

LOL @ this post. Good one m8. :roll:

bassavage

by bassavage » 25 Oct 2010 18:36

Surprised no-one has mentioned Brynjar Gunnarsson yet. He's slow, getting on a bit, quiet, dull, never really been the first choice CM since he's been here, but isn't there to like about him? Wherever he's told to play whether it be CM, RB or CB he'll just get on and do his job. There's so many memorable moments involving him too - beginning with the double against Sheff Utd, scoring the first in the 6-0 against West Ham, the equaliser at Old Trafford in the Cup, smashing the crossbar in the last minute in the replay of that tie, his goal against Blackburn on the last day 06/07 (still one of my favourite Reading goals) and of course, that nutmeg and cross at Anfield in January. I love him, and RFC won't be the same when he leaves/retires.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Oct 2010 19:25

Irrational likes has got to be Mass Sarr. Had 3 good minutes in his Reading Career.

Irrational hatreds. Ray Houghton. Undoubtedly a good football but I felt he was just here for the paycheck.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 25 Oct 2010 20:12

bassavage Surprised no-one has mentioned Brynjar Gunnarsson yet. He's slow, getting on a bit, quiet, dull, never really been the first choice CM since he's been here, but isn't there to like about him? Wherever he's told to play whether it be CM, RB or CB he'll just get on and do his job. There's so many memorable moments involving him too - beginning with the double against Sheff Utd, scoring the first in the 6-0 against West Ham, the equaliser at Old Trafford in the Cup, smashing the crossbar in the last minute in the replay of that tie, his goal against Blackburn on the last day 06/07 (still one of my favourite Reading goals) and of course, that nutmeg and cross at Anfield in January. I love him, and RFC won't be the same when he leaves/retires.

Good shout! Me too, Brynaldo will always be a favourite of mine.

I also had an irrational affection for Ki-Hyeon Seol. I thought he brought a touch of class to the team and the ability to create something from nothing. Others slagged off his work-rate endlessly but I loved him and was sorry to see him go.

Lastly Stephen Hunt was a favorite of mine. I have a tendency to love Reading players that become the boo boys targets. And I have to admit a liking of this entirely inappropriate chant:
Hunt, Hunt wherever you may be!
We don't care if you dropped your knee!
It could have been Cech or Cudicini.
Next time they'll bring a third goalie!

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 25 Oct 2010 20:16

Like: Jimmy Kebe - Just awesome to watch. Jem Karacan just seems like a nice guy.

Dislike: Brian Howard just annoys me.