Irrational likes/dislikes

tink

Re: Irrational likes/dislikes

by tink » 27 Oct 2010 21:51

irrational dislike: kebe. it started off as a perfectly rational dislike. he appeared to have two left feet, looked like bambi on ice, could obviously run very fast but quite often didn't know where the ball was, when he had the ball he quite often tripped over it, when he didn't trip over the ball he tripped over his feet, he couldn't cross, he couldn't shoot.

first impressions last, and now every time we are beaten it is almost always kebe's fault. even if kebe scores it was clearly a fluke. he meant to cross it. or the keeper had gone up for a corner, so kebe had an open goal and still managed to shank it in off the corner flag. basically, i am unable to give kebe credit for anything good that happens, and if anything bad happens it is clearly kebe's fault.

irrational like: kebe. he has two left feet, looks like bambi on ice, runs incredibly fast, quite obviously doesn't know where the ball is, if he does know where the ball is he is liable to trip over it, if he doesn't trip over the ball he will probably trip over his feet, he can't cross, he can't shoot...but he still runs rings around defenders and scores some belters. the man can do no wrong and is undoubtedly a ledge.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2010 22:28

Kitson12
sandman Current: Kanu.

I almost collapsed with shock when he set up Kebe and scored against Palace a few of weeks ago. Despite those blemishes he has no composure in front of the opposition goal whatsoever.

Don't you mean Barnsley?

Yep, I'm so shocked that he scored I got the games mixed up.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Oct 2010 02:53

There's no one in our current set-up that I want to succeed like I desperately wanted Khalifa to succeed. I have quite literally no explanation for that - either part of it.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Oct 2010 08:17

Arch There's no one in our current set-up that I want to succeed like I desperately wanted Khalifa to succeed. I have quite literally no explanation for that - either part of it.

Agree - know exactly what you mean!

It was nice to hear him get his chant from the Reading faithful when he came on for City last week.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Oct 2010 12:19

irrational like: Liam Rosenior - Just for the pure fact that he could get into the fulham team in the prem; every week he turned up for us i'd hope he would turn up a better player than the previous!

irrational dislike: Matt Robinson - Good left foot, just did'nt like the fact he looked like my old milk man. Oh and he went on to make a shed load of appearances for you kno who :evil:

Selma Park

by Selma Park » 28 Oct 2010 22:39

Likes: Paul Brayson - a fundamentally shit player and yet I found his chubby little face quite endearing :|

Dislikes: Alex Pearce - his face is Andy Murrayesque. That is enough to ruin him for me.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 29 Oct 2010 09:24

Church is my irrational like. Technically Welsh but grown up in England all his life like me. He runs around a lot and sits on the shoulder of the defender and so looks threatening until he tries to shoot. Every time I start to doubt why on earth he is playing up front he pulls out a great goal from nowhere like vs SW, crystal palace, Preston and Burnley.

I also like that despite getting so wound up with the older players in the playoffs against burnley he was a breath of fresh air rinsing the left back time and time again (did he ever play for them after that).

Irrational dislike: I guess it has to be Shane Long as he always gets the abuse from me whenever we lose even though he's usually starved of service every game. Every time I try to justify giving him flack to my mate when I drag him along to matches Long goes and proves me wrong, much to my friends delight who really likes him because he scores every Reading game he watches (although as a Liverpool fan he wasn't quite so happy when Shane knocked them out). For example, I say 'he does good things but his first touch is awful and always takes him out of position' just as shane received a long ball that's running out of play and expertly pulls it back inside, wrongfooting the defender and giving him a clean run on goal (he squared it to Kebe who ran backwards with it if you're wondering how you don't remember that!)

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 29 Oct 2010 09:49

Irrational Like - Simon Church - to me he is our Wayne Rooney. Powerful shot,quick, high workrate. And as above, everytime I start to think, hang on he's not very good, he blasts home a lovely shot. I'm convinced that when he learns to finish he'll be world class.

Irrational dislike - Stephen Hunt. Even when he was at the "height" of his career and getting assists and goals in the premierleague I hated him. A non-RFC mate once commented that his corners were just incredible as they were straight to the man. I pointed out he was just a direct league 2 standard player that premierleague opposition were flummoxed by. When he injured Cech I just knew he meant it. His woeful performance the next season and his inclusion in the CCC team of the season obviously made this a rational dislike, alongside his moves to Hull and Wolves.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 29 Oct 2010 10:01

Spot on ^

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Oct 2010 10:21

Ferris
Svlad Cjelli Always liked Steve Swales and Tooty Fruity Martyn Booty

Partly because I tend to like players who give their all despite not having much skill, but I also always seem to have an affinity with full-backs - and the fact that these two got frequently bad-mouthed by many made me like them more.

What about Andy Gurney?

Thug. = irrational dislike

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 29 Oct 2010 11:48

Z175 Irrational dislike - Stephen Hunt. Even when he was at the "height" of his career and getting assists and goals in the premierleague I hated him. A non-RFC mate once commented that his corners were just incredible as they were straight to the man. I pointed out he was just a direct league 2 standard player that premierleague opposition were flummoxed by. When he injured Cech I just knew he meant it. His woeful performance the next season and his inclusion in the CCC team of the season obviously made this a rational dislike, alongside his moves to Hull and Wolves.

Agree with some of this. Although his work-rate was brilliant I constantly despaired of his inconsistent crossing and I would rather have seen Convey make a success of himself in the Premiership on that wing - even though I know we were better off with Hunt (who was the only consistent performer for most of our relegation season).

Really can't agree that he intended to hurt Cech though. I just don't see the evidence for it (though I appreciate this is a thread about irrationality!)

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Oct 2010 12:17

HATE: Andy Griffin. Load of shite. Anyone stood near me in a game hears me blasting him the whole game. Griffin for england? Dont make me laugh. Useless PCunt

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 29 Oct 2010 12:24

Likes: Simon Church, for exactly the same reasons as above. I love a raw talent, such as Jem, and (yes I know I'm about to get myself into a world of rants and stupified looks) Pearce, and know he'll become a great player, maybe even a legend for us in seasons to come, as will the rest of them.

Dislike(s): Shorey/SHunt for their "second-half of season" perfomances. Firstly Shorey, was pretty awful in the last few months of our second season in the Prem. Didn't seem to be giving his 100% every week, and I think that was picked up on at the time by quite a few on here. Secondly, SHunt, we had rocketed to 2nd and Hunt was playing a blinder in the 2008/09 Champ season, looked dead certs to go up, and then come January, when he was wanting to be sold, he wasn't, so for the next few months his perfomances slumped, he was pretty awful to be honest.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 31 Oct 2010 14:51

Likes..Darren caskey was a superb playmaker for us and chipped in with some great goals shame he couldnt lay off the pies.
Scott howie dunno why just did.

Dislikes..barry hunter..

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 30 Dec 2010 13:25

like- Pearce - even last season I spent months defending him - thought he was thrown in with the captaincy too quickly. he made so many mistakes and was crap on many occasions but seems that my liking is starting to pay off now

dislikes - cant stand Mills, even more as he is deemed fit to be captain :evil:

joe999

by joe999 » 31 Dec 2010 21:45

super darren caskey Likes..Darren caskey was a superb playmaker for us and chipped in with some great goals shame he couldnt lay off the pies.

Dislikes..barry hunter..

Im with you on Caskey... great player. I dont think anyone would argue a certain mr. Glen Little was superb for us, but he's my favourite reading player of all time.. so i guess thats my irrational "love" if you like.

As for dislikes, Matt Mills. A lot of people on here seem to like him, so i guess it's irrational. I'm out-voted. I just hate the c**t...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Jan 2011 16:26

joe999
super darren caskey Likes..Darren caskey was a superb playmaker for us and chipped in with some great goals shame he couldnt lay off the pies.

Dislikes..barry hunter..

Im with you on Caskey... great player. I dont think anyone would argue a certain mr. Glen Little was superb for us, but he's my favourite reading player of all time.. so i guess thats my irrational "love" if you like.

As for dislikes, Matt Mills. A lot of people on here seem to like him, so i guess it's irrational. I'm out-voted. I just hate the c**t...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 02 Jan 2011 22:52

Agreed, I think Mills is a total c**t and I'm embarrassed that he captains my team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jan 2011 22:59

with soo many people disliking sooo many different players

Maybe it'd be better for the team if we dont turn up to "watch" them again

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 02 Jan 2011 23:01

AthleticoSpizz with soo many people disliking sooo many different players

Maybe it'd be better for the team if we dont turn up to "watch" them again