Re: 'Long as good as Doyle' - Hammond

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2010 13:17

Ask Archie

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Nov 2010 13:52

Snowball Ask Archie

You dragged it up and obviously have some measure of somebody getting something wrong so I'm asking you.

If you can't provide an answer then fair enough, we're all pretty used to it by now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Nov 2010 16:21

Ian Royal He's not finished. You can have perfectly acceptable strikers who aren't near Doyle's quality.-YES!

But he didn't get what he needed at the crucial point in his development so he'll never now fulfill his potential.-Just randomly made up opiniofact

And Long's been getting one more year to prove himself for the last 3 years. He's not managed it yet.-yes, unfortunately cant argue this

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Nov 2010 16:36

brendywendy
Ian Royal He's not finished. You can have perfectly acceptable strikers who aren't near Doyle's quality.-YES!

But he didn't get what he needed at the crucial point in his development so he'll never now fulfill his potential.-Just randomly made up opiniofact

And Long's been getting one more year to prove himself for the last 3 years. He's not managed it yet.-yes, unfortunately cant argue this

Brendy, we normally get on fine. Why have you just resurrected a post I made six months ago snowball style and commented on it?

Of course the second point is an opinion, it's all opinion. I did not claim it was a fact, but I strongly believe it to be the case.

I can't see how you could reasonably claim that Long wouldn't have benefitted from a season of regular first team football at that early stage in his development though.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Nov 2010 16:39

Ian Royal
brendywendy

Brendy, we normally get on fine. Why have you just resurrected a post I made six months ago snowball style and commented on it? - dunno!
soz!

Of course the second point is an opinion, it's all opinion. I did not claim it was a fact, but I strongly believe it to be the case. -its pretty out there as an opinion- whats it b ased on? is there a supposed golden age of development that if you dont play 1st team footy during it youll never get anywhere? Bah!

I can't see how you could reasonably claim that Long wouldn't have benefitted from a season of regular first team football at that early stage in his development though.- thats different- he clearly would have. though would have missed out on some fantastic prem experience along the way too.[/quote]

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Nov 2010 16:44

I'm off down the pub so I don't really care enough to get into this properly. Lets just hope we beat Norwich 56-13.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Nov 2010 17:22

Snowball
Archie's penalty http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/800829/WENGER-WEIGHS-UP-SHOCK-MOVE-FOR-DOYLE.html

Doubt Long would get two of the best managers in world football to say things like this about him.

What did they say? Was it anything like Trappatoni said recently (about Long)?

What are Trappatoni's views on Doyle?
Presumably he rates the guy as he always picks him ahead of Long.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Nov 2010 17:24

Ian Royal I'm off down the pub so I don't really care enough to get into this properly. Lets just hope we beat Norwich 56-13.

agreed

arguing on hobnob is strictly a work time activity

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2010 18:13

Hoop Blah
Snowball Ask Archie

You dragged it up and obviously have some measure of somebody getting something wrong so I'm asking you.

If you can't provide an answer then fair enough, we're all pretty used to it by now.

Here is how a normal brain works.

1 Snowball bumped an old thread. Why?

2 he bumped the thread by quoting a message and asking a question. Why?

3. What is the probability that he asked the question
(a) to get an answer
(b) for a reason

4 What is the probability that Snowball felt the person being questioned was in error?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2010 18:16

Hoop Blah
Snowball Ask Archie

I think you should be able to work it out for yourself.

I believe, barely a few weeks ago, a certain Mr Long was given Man of the Match while playing two games for Ireland, making a goal and scoring a goal. Thereafter a certain Mr Trappatoni praised Mr Long highly.

Previously a gentleman on HNA, whose name began with an "A" posted:

Doubt Long would get two of the best managers in world football to say things like this about him.

No doubt now, the morons in the vicinity will point out that in the first case it was TWO managers and in the second case, a mere single manager, Mr Trappatoni. However, the first "one of the best managers in the world" is, in fact, Mr Trappatoni (so far so good as he is common to the praise of Mr Doyle AND Mr Long.

And since Brian McDermott is ALSO "one of the best managers in the world" (source BrendyWendy & Snowball :D ) I rest my case.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Nov 2010 02:21

brendywendy
Ian Royal I'm off down the pub so I don't really care enough to get into this properly. Lets just hope we beat Norwich 56-13.

agreed

arguing on hobnob is strictly a work time activity

I'm back. I'm pissed. And now I'm off to bed. You've alwayshs been my favourite (hic) Bredners.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Nov 2010 03:04

Didn't even realise Brendy was a hic.