Long - Time to go.

2027 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Long - Time to go.

by cmonurz » 17 Nov 2010 15:30

Sorry Snowball, but I'm failing to see the insults in any of the three posts you have quoted.

The first wasn't directed at you and was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment because my subsequent post was full of stats, in the style of your posts.

The second was sarcasm - if Long can be expected to score 30 goals (accepting you actually wrote 20, it was a mistake not a deliberate misquote) then we've got three forwards others should be scared of. Again, just tongue-in-cheek, flippant at worst.

And third quote - sorry, I'm really struggling now, I said your stats were selective - that's not an insult by any stretch of the imagination.

From your side though, you've called me a moron, unmeasurably stupid, a twat, and you've said you have no respect for me.

I'm failing to see the balance there!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 15:34

cmonurz Sorry Snowball, but I'm failing to see the insults in any of the three posts you have quoted.

The first wasn't directed at you and was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment because my subsequent post was full of stats, in the style of your posts.
The second was sarcasm - if Long can be expected to score 30 goals (accepting you actually wrote 20) then we've got three forwards others should be scared of. Again, just tongue-in-cheek.
And third quote - sorry, I'm really struggling now, I said your stats were selective - that's not an insult.

From your side though, you've called me a moron, unmeasurably stupid, a twat, and you've said you have no respect for me.

I'm failing to see the balance there!

It's the steady accretion of smaller insults gradually escalating, not just from you, but those who came earlier in the thread.
And you KNOW that accusing me of being deliberately selective is meant as an insult.

You also know I could post that it's raining and you, Ian, a couple of other would have to disagree. I bet I could start a thread and keep
you informed of precisely when Ian Royal would turn up. I did it today, telling BrendyWendy. It's like clockwork. I think you have a rota.

If you actually check the thread you'll see the steady escalation.

You are receiving barbs from me, I'm receiving DOZENS, hour after hour.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 15:39

Snowball You are receiving barbs from me, I'm receiving DOZENS, hour after hour.

You are an intelligent guy so I'm sure you can work out why? You are the only one posting all these stats, many with errors, flawed logic, selective, etc that MANY people are picking up on. When you are proved wrong, you can't accept it. Your posts are written in an agressive manor. They are self congratulatory at times. They are codescending in their tone.

People try to reason with you, and yes some resort to insults, but you dish out as good as you get.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Nov 2010 15:41

No, I absolutely don't accept that suggesting your stats are selective is an insult, it's a comment on your stats, and no judgement on you whatsoever. Fwiw I think your posts are generally well meaning and spark good debate, I just happen to disagree with the way the stats are presented or at times the way they are used.

I consider personal comments such as twat, moron, and unmeasurably stupid, to be insults, and I don't think the fact that you perceive you are getting a hard time from the board excuses you directing them at me.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:12

Wycombe Royal
Snowball You are receiving barbs from me, I'm receiving DOZENS, hour after hour.

You are an intelligent guy so I'm sure you can work out why? You are the only one posting all these stats, many with errors, flawed logic, selective, etc that MANY people are picking up on. When you are proved wrong, you can't accept it. Your posts are written in an agressive manor. They are self congratulatory at times. They are codescending in their tone.

People try to reason with you, and yes some resort to insults, but you dish out as good as you get.

I live in a converted barn.

I have never been agressive ever, not even slightly, in the whole of my life.

I have never EVER been codescending.

The above 3 sentences are beyond dispute.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Nov 2010 16:20

Snowball I live in a converted barn.

Sorry Snowers?

You have the ability, through the medium of the written word, to be both condescending and agressive. Sometimes in the same post.

Wether you actually mean to be agressive and condescending is a different story.

I have no idea wether you live in a barn or not.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Nov 2010 16:24

Snowball This bunch of losers, probably never played football...

You keep referring to your time as a player, how you were this and that and quite the rapid winger.

What level did you play at? You seem quite full of it so I'm presuming you think you played at a decent standard.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 16:27

Royal With Cheese
Snowball I live in a converted barn.

Sorry Snowers?

You have the ability, through the medium of the written word, to be both condescending and agressive. Sometimes in the same post.

Wether you actually mean to be agressive and condescending is a different story.

I have no idea wether you live in a barn or not.

RwC it's a fact because he says it is. Whether people have an opinion that differs makes no difference to him.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:32

Hoop Blah
Snowball This bunch of losers, probably never played football...

You keep referring to your time as a player, how you were this and that and quite the rapid winger.
What level did you play at? You seem quite full of it so I'm presuming you think you played at a decent standard.

I've never been "full of it" or overplayed my playing years.

No I didn't play to a high standard. I was a Longy, didn't play at all until I was 16. Started in the RAF
played a lot, well all the time if I could. Was very, very fast and my first touch made Long look like Messi,
but I got better and better and played until I was 38. RW for a long time, CF for about 4-5 years, then CB
which I thought, relatively was a piece of piss.

I played 2 x 90 minutes last year (aged 62) AND scored. Not bad for a bloke with a metal knee.

My biggest regret was I didn't play soccer as a kid because I was extremely quick and I think I could
have been a reasonable player. But I've been in and around soccer, involved in the back-room and
fund-raising etc for NCAFC, got to know a few managers and players personally, even had a 10-15 minute
1-2-1 chat with Bill Shankly once. (Accident, he thought I was someone else, but who cares?)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:35

I repeat I have never been agressive. There is no such adjective. I may, very occasionally be aggressive, but that's different.

It's possible I could be condescending, but never codescending. And I live in a converted barn, not a manor.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 16:37

I'll add pedatic to the list as well.........

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:44

Wycombe Royal I'll add pedatic to the list as well.........

I am NOT pedatic.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 16:46

Snowball

I am NOT pedatic.

Well you half fell for it, but I'll give you a whooooosh anyway.........

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Nov 2010 16:47

cmonurz No, I absolutely don't accept that suggesting your stats are selective is an insult, it's a comment on your stats, and no judgement on you whatsoever. Fwiw I think your posts are generally well meaning and spark good debate, I just happen to disagree with the way the stats are presented or at times the way they are used.

I consider personal comments such as twat, moron, and unmeasurably stupid, to be insults, and I don't think the fact that you perceive you are getting a hard time from the board excuses you directing them at me.

I guess it's only because I'm precious and a bit arrogant that I would quite appreciate a response on this, or perhaps an apology for calling me a twat just because Ian Royal/A N Other riled you.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:50

Wycombe Royal
Snowball

I am NOT pedatic.

Here, have this

n

I didn't fall for it at all, sweetness. I just thought your spelling needed more correction.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:51

cmonurz
cmonurz No, I absolutely don't accept that suggesting your stats are selective is an insult, it's a comment on your stats, and no judgement on you whatsoever. Fwiw I think your posts are generally well meaning and spark good debate, I just happen to disagree with the way the stats are presented or at times the way they are used.

I guess it's only because I'm precious and a bit arrogant that I would quite appreciate a response on this, or perhaps an apology for calling me a twat just because Ian Royal/A N Other riled you.

No YOU riled me, too, mainly cos you are those things. But here's a back-handed complement. Unlike Ian Royal I believe you to be a Homo Sapiens Sapiens. You are (relatively) an advanced being.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 16:52

Snowball
Wycombe Royal
Snowball
I am NOT pedatic.

Here, have this

n

I didn't fall for it at all, sweetness. I just thought your spelling needed more correction.

If intentional mistakes needed correction then you may have a point.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2010 16:54

Wycombe Royal

The fallibilities of historical analysis. Just because an individual's previous spelling was
atrocious, doesn't mean that they might have known how to spell in their latest post.

Life is full of surprises.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Nov 2010 16:57

Snowball
Wycombe Royal

The fallibilities of historical analysis. Just because an individual's previous spelling was
atrocious, doesn't mean that they might have known how to spell in their latest post.

Life is full of surprises.

They are called typos, you know those things you have done countless times when presenting your stats.

Go on admit it, you have made typos. It won't hurt and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Nov 2010 17:03

Snowball
cmonurz

No YOU riled me, too, mainly cos you are those things. But here's a back-handed complement. Unlike Ian Royal I believe you to be a Homo Sapiens Sapiens. You are (relatively) an advanced being.

At least you've got the decency to admit your character, that you think twat, moron, and unmeasurably stupid are reasonable responses to someone who disagrees with you.

2027 posts