Derby (A) Refunds Etc.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Derby (A) Refunds Etc.

by tomrfcurz » 19 Dec 2010 14:02

I'm pretty sure all those who didn't make it to the game due to the weather have to contact DCFC directly to claim a refund, if anyone could confirm that would be good as i'm not 100% but we need a thread to clear this all up imo. Anyone on here shed any light on whether people on the STAR coaches get a refund for the money they paid for the coach or if they just get a free game's transport? If everyone could share knowledge i'm sure people would appreciate that. Nevertheless, great result so i'm sure all that managed to get there had a good time

EASTENDER MARKY

Re: Derby (A) Refunds Etc.

by EASTENDER MARKY » 19 Dec 2010 14:12

Best away day for a while.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 19 Dec 2010 14:57

To all those who didn't make it...

Seriously good day out... It was a shame about the coaches etc... but it made for a bit more fun...

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 19 Dec 2010 14:59

Susie has changed since I last saw her!!!!! :wink:

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 19 Dec 2010 15:23

LOL!

Out of interest, will they know who went and who didn't?

Ticket got scanned on way in, but wondered if they can track which tickets weren't used.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 19 Dec 2010 15:29

Yeah, that's true. I got my ticket free as it was one of the one's set aside for the coach lot...

Top bragging! (Well, more like lucky timing... Thanks Andover STAR very kind mega person(Andover Massive))

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 19 Dec 2010 16:01

Just to let you know no refunds will be given for the STAR coaches on this occasion. Huge thanks must go to Colin Bishop for the reply to me, this is what he had to say:

Sadly not on this occasion, we do have insurance but only for late
cancellation of matches and as the fixture went ahead this does not apply.
We still have to pay Horseman for the coaches regardless of whether we made
the game or not. Weather conditions are classed as an act of God and beyond
our control.

Coaches for Hull have to be booked before christmas, so a decision will be
made before the Boxing day game, we intend to open Tuesday evening weather
permitting.

Colin

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 19 Dec 2010 16:07

susieroyal LOL!

Ticket got scanned on way in, but wondered if they can track which tickets weren't used.

We were told on the coach that Derby have promised a refund for fans who didn't make it, obviously more details should follow i'd imagine but they must know somehow

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Dec 2010 23:45

tomrfcurz
susieroyal LOL!

We were told on the coach that Derby have promised a refund for fans who didn't make it, obviously more details should follow i'd imagine but they must know somehow

I would imagine it'd be restricted to those who were part of the supporters' coaches turned back for the avoidance of any doubt.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Dec 2010 08:55

It would be a marvelous gester of the club, or possibly the players to refund ALL tickets, after all is only 100 made it then wont cost that much extra, good publicity as well. Possible also donate to STAR the cost of the coaches, so they can also get some money back, in fact Horseman could do that, they can afford it easily.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Dec 2010 09:02

Harpers So Solid Crew It would be a marvelous gester of the club, or possibly the players to refund ALL tickets, after all is only 100 made it then wont cost that much extra, good publicity as well. Possible also donate to STAR the cost of the coaches, so they can also get some money back, in fact Horseman could do that, they can afford it easily.

I agree it would be a good gesture, however would it then set a precedent? Where would you draw the line, refunds for a bad performance?!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Dec 2010 09:35

Big Foot
Harpers So Solid Crew It would be a marvelous gester of the club, or possibly the players to refund ALL tickets, after all is only 100 made it then wont cost that much extra, good publicity as well. Possible also donate to STAR the cost of the coaches, so they can also get some money back, in fact Horseman could do that, they can afford it easily.

I agree it would be a good gesture, however would it then set a precedent? Where would you draw the line, refunds for a bad performance?!

A precedent realy only applies in law, much like when parents give you money at xmas birthdays, like any good investment it can rise or fall in the future.

I read about people like yourself missing half the game, others paying lots extra to attend, and just think a gesture from the club or players or/and Horseman would be nice

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 20 Dec 2010 09:54

Something similar was actually done about 18 months ago, when the cost of coaches to Norwich was paid for after Sky moved the match from a Saturday to a Monday evening.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Dec 2010 09:58

Harpers So Solid Crew
Big Foot

A precedent realy only applies in law, much like when parents give you money at xmas birthdays, like any good investment it can rise or fall in the future.

I read about people like yourself missing half the game, others paying lots extra to attend, and just think a gesture from the club or players or/and Horseman would be nice
Guess it depends on other people but for me, seeing us win away for the first time in X number of away games was well worth the £1.28 per minute of play seen I paid

Christof

by Christof » 20 Dec 2010 11:30

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/AwayGam ... 06,00.html

Derby will refund if you get the ticket back to them pronto...

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 20 Dec 2010 11:43

Christof http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/AwayGames/0,,10306,00.html

LOL - given the last date for christmas posting has passed that's pretty harsh.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 20 Dec 2010 12:05

Red

...and refunds will be made by cheque - and you can bet they'll be sent 2nd class. So those claiming will get their money back sometime around the 3rd week of January

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 20 Dec 2010 12:10

I don't think Derby are under any legal obligation whatsover to make any refunds, so it's amazing that people still find occasion to moan. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Dec 2010 12:13

Red

Last date for first class Christmas post is today.

Christof

by Christof » 20 Dec 2010 12:23

Svlad Cjelli I don't think Derby are under any legal obligation whatsover to make any refunds, so it's amazing that people still find occasion to moan. :roll:

Agreed - spend a couple of quid for a recorded delivery to try and get my old man's £14.50 ticket refunded, worth a try...