AthleticoSpizz with soo many people disliking sooo many different players

Maybe it'd be better for the team if we dont turn up to "watch" them again

...or let's just sell that Swindon tosser Brian Howard

^This.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Irrational likes/dislikes

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2011 00:56

crikey... it's frightening how much you lot dislike him... there's been fewer than half a dozen people to play for us I've felt even close to that much dislike for in the last 15 years.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 03 Jan 2011 02:28

floyd__streete Can we do HNA likes and dislikes?

Irrational likes: Royalee. I rarely agree with what he says but I like his demonstrative style.

Irrational dislikes: Used to get enraged by Ian Royal but then I met him and find out he was a thoroughly bloody nice bloke.

So no longer counts as a dislike

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 03 Jan 2011 02:39

Like: Hal Robson-Kanu. Saw him in a couple of reserve games a few seasons back and have been calling for him to get in the first team ever since. Although he hasn't lived up to potential, I'm just about holding out on turning and admitting how shit he's been playing.

Dislike: Harte (when everyone was saying how great and surprising he'd been). Said he's been shit all along.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2011 17:18

toppy
floyd__streete Can we do HNA likes and dislikes?

Irrational likes: Royalee. I rarely agree with what he says but I like his demonstrative style.

Irrational dislikes: Used to get enraged by Ian Royal but then I met him and find out he was a thoroughly bloody nice bloke.

So no longer counts as a dislike

No... now he just gets enraged by what I write. - I've always liked Floyd. :cry:
Last edited by Ian Royal on 03 Jan 2011 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

The Glory Days :(

by The Glory Days :( » 03 Jan 2011 17:46

Irrational likes - Got to be James harper, ran around all game proper workhorse and somebody told me he didnt wear shinpads? not sure if thats true but ... i thought he was a nutter for that ! Also jem karacan purely for his tackle on steven gerrard

Irrational dislikes - hmm hard one but id say hahnemann because the game we lost against plymouth in our record season he gave his shirt to the kid next to me :(

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2011 21:55

Ian Royal crikey... it's frightening how much you lot dislike him... there's been fewer than half a dozen people to play for us I've felt even close to that much dislike for in the last 15 years.
His face winds me up

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 04 Jan 2011 13:42

Likes - Church - I know he can't finish, but I think he is someone to persevere with long term. He also seems to be a very genuine person / trainer and a good squad man. Ideal back up striker right now.

Dislikes - Harte - but I don't think it is irrational, he is a defender that can't defend (see also Williams) and Kelly for being permanently injured...

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Jan 2011 19:25

Likes - Long, liked him pretty much from the moment his made his 1st team debut. Mentions also to former players Marek and Harper.
Dislike - Howard, although thats only really been this season. Before that i just thought he was simply average.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jan 2011 21:18

I'm beginning to dislike Harte and Hunt more with every game I watch, as more and more I notice the frequent haranguing of officials they go about.

Harte in particular seems to be within 5 yards of the referee within about 2 seconds of a whistle being blown when there's even the tiniest chance of a card to be shown, to either side.

Not overly keen on Antonio for some reason... there's just something about the way he plays.

Like Church and HRK despite their limited success here and particularly this season. HRK could be really quite some player if he can sort out his decision making and final ball... things that will come with experience I hope. Church would be a great player if he could just improve his decision making... I think he tries to play the game in a really good way.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 05 Jan 2011 21:43

Agree about Harte- hate the way he waves imaginary red cards around, plus how he got Holt sent off and always has his arm round the ref. Mates also met him out in town and he was totally up himself

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 05 Jan 2011 22:14

Likes - McAnuff and Marek in his days here.

Dislikes - Glen Little after his donkey performance at Pompey when he first signed (lost 3-0) before turning into a fcuking hero!
SHunt

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2011 22:22

Likes : N Hunt has the right attitude every game gives 110% without coming across like a tosser (s Hunt)
Dislikes : Johnny Fordham - how he got a job writing for RFC is beyond me, some of his articles make me cringe

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jan 2011 17:46

Sebastian Hate: Shane Long. And I know it's completely irrational. I just can't get it out of my head that he's utter shit. Every time he scores he was 'lucky'. If he goes on a scoring run: 'Even the shittest players have a purple patch'. He'll just go back to being the utter pony that we've seen of him all along - in my mind's eye he's the fat oxf*rd who couldn't do ANYTHING at the start of Rodgers' tenancy. The thing that's also made me hate him more is, bizarrely, Snowball's mindless stat-based defence of him. There is absolutely no denying in my mind that he was utter trash until about December, and he's come to life - but before that he was utter oxf*rd pony. Seeing him constantly praised and defended just retrenched my views even further. Irrational? Completely.

Similar if less vehement.

I quite often have strong reactions against what I consider to be over the top praise or criticism. Believe it or not I originally disliked Harper quite a bit, but seeing the amount of stick he got on here and watching him more closely I ended up being a real big fan of his. All down to Hobnob slagging.