LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8691 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - too good to go down, Shirley?

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2011 22:44

I imagine it all depends on who they can bring in.

Personally I hope it's Ralf Rangnick, but that's mainly because I'm good friends with his son (look at me...).

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 05 Jan 2011 23:00

LOLocaust

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 05 Jan 2011 23:00

LOLcano

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 05 Jan 2011 23:02

LOLympics

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 05 Jan 2011 23:05

PlasticRoyale LOLocaust

Inspired.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 05 Jan 2011 23:24

winchester_royal LOL. Don't care what anyone says about Benitez messing things up last year.....a side with that much talent should not be losing 3-1 at Blackburn.

Hodgson has to be accountable.

a bit like a side that should not be losing 3-1 at Reading. Benitez very slowly dismantled a championship winning team over his years at the club, the sale of Alonso sunk the falling ship. In my view Benitez needs to be held more accountable than Woy, not taking away the fact that Woy has done a very average job.

LOL at Liverpool fans wanting Rafa back, total and utter mongs.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 06 Jan 2011 08:04

i think many at anfield would like king kenny back,but the language barrier could prevent a return.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Jan 2011 09:29

Focher
winchester_royal LOL. Don't care what anyone says about Benitez messing things up last year.....a side with that much talent should not be losing 3-1 at Blackburn.

Hodgson has to be accountable.

a bit like a side that should not be losing 3-1 at Reading. Benitez very slowly dismantled a championship winning team over his years at the club, the sale of Alonso sunk the falling ship. In my view Benitez needs to be held more accountable than Woy, not taking away the fact that Woy has done a very average job.

LOL at Liverpool fans wanting Rafa back, total and utter mongs.

Yep, Hodgson with the limited funds he's had compared to Benitez has managed to sign 4 players. Joe Cole who most thought was a good signing has done nothng, Konchesky did well for him at Fulham but i've never been his biggest fan and a couple of midfielders.

He inherited a squad that 3 players aside is utterly woeful. Benitez wasted hundreds of millions of £'s on these no hopers, made Liverpool the crap side they are today, and folk wondered why 'the Yanks' wouldn't give him more money? For more Babel's, Kuyt's et al, i don't think so.

Rafa Benitez - the most over rated manager in history.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 06 Jan 2011 09:31

frimmers3 i think many at anfield would like king kenny back,but the language barrier could prevent a return.

i think thats the 1st LOL ive had at one of your posts. keep up the good work Frimmers.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Jan 2011 09:52

Part of Liverpool's problem is that they have caught the Newcastle disease; they believe that, simply because of who they are they will always be a challenger for the major honours. As a result, their fans can't accept thet they have been in decline for the best part of 20 years (and 45 minutes in Istanbul shouldn't deflect from that fact) and the debacle of the Hicks/Gillette ownership coupled with Benitez continuing to spend money on rubbish (Aquilani for £20M????) and they find themselves where they are.

What Liverpool need to do is show some backbone and dig in, back Hodgson and accept that it will take 2 or 3 seasons to get Liverpool seriously competitive again; however, I suspect that because the new owners have seen fit to give the impression that the fans have a say in who should be manager, they will simply sack Hodgson and bring in King Kenny.

But then what? Do those fans demanding change at the top seriously believe that by getting rid of Hodgson they will suddenly become a title challenger overnight? And if there isn't instantaneous succes, then what? Who will be their new Messiah then??

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 06 Jan 2011 10:11

Focher . Benitez very slowly dismantled a championship winning team over his years at the club,

Hes also just managed to dismantle the European Champions and Treble winners inside 6 months.

I like Hodgson, I dont think hes doing a great job, but what happening at Liverpool is a total mess way beyond him. They should be careful what they wish for, it could get a lot worse.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2011 10:35

As I've said before, I agree with the likes of AP and Focher on this mess. It's Rafa's making but it's Hodgson who's the one left to pick up the pieces and he has a massive job on his hands. As big a mess it is, and as much as I quite like the way Hodgson goes about things, I don't think he's doing a great job as yet.

He has some decent players but he's not getting the most out of them. That might be unavoidable but the displays they're putting in with the players they have are pretty poor whichever way you look at it.

As in any managerial job it's getting the best out of your resources and 'managing your manager' (or in this case the new owners who didn't appoint you and the fans who weren't really keen on him in the first place) that dictate your success.

Without winning over the fans, the owners and more importantly the players he's on borrowed time.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 06 Jan 2011 11:17

let's not forget Rafa ruined Torres and started the rot in Gerrard (who's always been overrated anyway)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Jan 2011 11:34

Wax Jacket let's not forget Rafa ruined Torres and started the rot in Gerrard (who's always been overrated anyway)

All England players are overrated thanks to the crap that is the Premiership.

Personally I think Hodgson will get the push after Liverpool are stuffed by ManUre in the FA Cup at the weekend

Dalglish will get the caretaker role while the club look to see if they can find a better option long term.

For ther record I see that they are now linked with moves for Robert Huth and Stephen Ireland :lol:

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 06 Jan 2011 11:44

Barry the bird boggler
Wax Jacket let's not forget Rafa ruined Torres and started the rot in Gerrard (who's always been overrated anyway)

Personally I think Hodgson will get the push after Liverpool are stuffed by ManUre in the FA Cup at the weekend

Dalglish will get the caretaker role while the club look to see if they can find a better option long term.

For ther record I see that they are now linked with moves for Robert Huth and Stephen Ireland :lol:

And Wayne Routledge...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Jan 2011 11:44

Barry the bird boggler

But that's where Liverpool are. They can't buy any 'top' players anymore due to the previous incombent spending all their dosh on crap.

Benitez really messed things up there royally. Other teams have gone way past them in terms of what they can invest. Even the likes of Everton in my opinion have a better first 11 than Liverpool. When you go through the Liverpool starting 11 they are nearly all Rafa players.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 06 Jan 2011 12:20

Barry the bird boggler

Personally I think Hodgson will get the push after Liverpool are stuffed by ManUre in the FA Cup at the weekend:

I can see Liverpool turning Utd over this weekend

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Jan 2011 13:00

I think most Liverpool fans would argue that in the patches of good form they have had over the last few seasons, it's been Gerrard carrying the team.

As for Torres, it's only the end of last season and this that he has struggled for goals. Prior to that he was scoring at something like a goal every 1.5 games. You can't blame Rafa for Torres' injuries.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 06 Jan 2011 13:02

PlasticRoyale
Barry the bird boggler

Personally I think Hodgson will get the push after Liverpool are stuffed by ManUre in the FA Cup at the weekend:

I can see Liverpool turning Utd over this weekend

I think that is quite likely.
Fergie has the quandary of whether to play the Gibsons and so on and risk defeat against the old enemy which their fans would hate or play his first team and tire them out ahead of what he would consider to be more important games to come.
Roy daren't risk the wrath of the fans further by leaving out Torres and Gerrard.
BTW does anyone seriously believe that they will be relegated?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 Jan 2011 13:07

I think Villa are going to go down this season. I don't quite think Liverpool will but another few bad weeks and they're in the scrap and don't seem to have any fight.

8691 posts