DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MORE THAN A RUMOUR - Bradley Wright Phillips

by Focher » 11 Jan 2011 14:24

Royal Lady Where have these medical tests been sent ffs??

apparently to Dr Watson at The Loddon Vale practice, Woodley. She has 27 old people to see this afternoon, and apparently will have a quicks butchers after 6pm.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Jan 2011 14:24

Did he train with RFC today?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 11 Jan 2011 14:25

Kneesden.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 11 Jan 2011 14:26

I blame Nick Clegg...

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 11 Jan 2011 14:29

Focher

apparently to Dr Watson at The Loddon Vale practice, Woodley. She has 27 old people to see this afternoon, and apparently will have a quicks butchers after 6pm.

Shit, I forgot I promised to drop them off there on my way past and they're still in the car. Won't be going that way again till tomorrow lunchtime either, damn!

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 11 Jan 2011 14:32

Wayhay !!! The thread's back on the team board.
Does that mean it's official .... :)

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 11 Jan 2011 14:48

if this deal drags on much longer,it will probably go past the time slot that would allow him to feature for us on saturday :roll: only at reading folks!! :roll: :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Jan 2011 14:48

brendywendy dont think hes failed. just waiting on all the results aint we?

I didn't mean Wright-Phillips had failed, I was talking more generally in response to some of the other comments about medicals etc.

I don't get Forbs arguing this is still unfounded even though both managers are openly talking about it and it's all over the media. It's about as confirmed a transfer move as we're going to get!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Jan 2011 14:52

I hear that Wright-Phillips is having a medical ... Is there any truth in this ?

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 11 Jan 2011 14:55

bigmike I hear that Wright-Phillips is having a medical ... Is there any truth in this ?

Sorry, no room for speculation in this thread - it's on the Team board don't you know ...

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Jan 2011 14:57

Horsham Royal
bigmike I hear that Wright-Phillips is having a medical ... Is there any truth in this ?

Sorry, no room for speculation in this thread - it's on the Team board don't you know ...

But hes not signed yet therfore not part of the team... Should this not be in rumors???

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 11 Jan 2011 14:59

Pseud O'Nym
Focher

Shit, I forgot I promised to drop them off there on my way past and they're still in the car. Won't be going that way again till tomorrow lunchtime either, damn!

She's still on maternity leave - this could take a while.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Jan 2011 15:00

She's supposed to be my assigned physician, but I've never actually seen her... this maternity leave thing isn't helping matters.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 11 Jan 2011 15:00

bigmike
Horsham Royal

But hes not signed yet therfore not part of the team... Should this not be in rumors???

He may have signed, but its not yet been announced ... but that's just my speculation.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Jan 2011 15:03

Horsham Royal He may have signed, but its not yet been announced ... but that's just my speculation.

Gossip.... therfore this thread needs to be moved :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Jan 2011 15:12

I posted the link on Saturday, here's the full article from the Plymouth OS.

PAFC BRADLEY RIGHT MOVE
Posted on: Sat 08 Jan 2011

by MARK PERROW

BRADLEY Wright-Phillips is set to become the latest big name to depart Home Park, with Reading seemingly at the front of the queue for the 13-goal striker's signature.

Following the notable departures of Craig Noone and Réda Johnson to Argyle's League 1 rivals Brighton & Hove Albion and Sheffield Wednesday, as well as striker George Donnelly's transfer to Fleetwood Town, the financial crisis at Argyle is being steadily eased.

Speaking after the Pilgrims' 3-0 defeat at Bournemouth, manager Peter Reid said: "It's been well documented what the club's position is, so needs must. Whatever happens - people come and go - we've just got to get on with it. At this point in time, everyone's for sale.

"We've agreed terms and I'm led to believe the lad's agreed terms, so I think it's just in terms of a medical to pass and we go on from there.

"We've had to get value for money now because we can't talk to players about new deals. I spoke to him last night and we were realistic. I said 'The club needs the money, you've got to go. You've got 13 goals; it's about you'.

"I just said 'Go there and get goals' and I wish him all the best because he has done well for the club over the last five or six months."

Reid insisted he did not begrudge his stand-out goal threat of the move, particularly with BWP's contract set to expire at the end of the season.

He said: "He's got goals, he's held [the ball] up, and he's been a valuable member of the current squad and I wish him all the best in his future career once the medical's passed.

"It's a terrific move. Let's be honest - would you hold on if you were at Argyle at the moment?

"I'm almost certain we'd have lost him in the summer for nothing, so that's the brutal reality of it.

"I just feel sorry for the fans - they were tremendous today. I don't want to sell my best players, but that's the way it is right now."

It remains a trying period for everyone connected with Argyle, but the gaffer, who is already targeting replacements for his prized assets, is confident things will be looking up sooner, rather than later.

He said: "What I've got to do is try and stay positive and, in terms of when we get the embargo lifted, going out and getting some players.

"It's a Catch 22 situation because you can't offer [our] players [new] contracts because of the embargo so you've got to get the sale value and hopefully, when we've paid enough money, I can go out and get some players on loan.

"They're going to be young players who want to go out there and get experience and play football - that's what we hang on to.

"It's a difficult situation for everybody, but we've got to win games and keep the football club going."

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Jan 2011 15:14

Press conference at 17:15 today with Tommy Smith in attendance

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Jan 2011 15:15

PieEater I posted the link on Saturday, here's the full article from the Plymouth OS.

PAFC BRADLEY RIGHT MOVE
Posted on: Sat 08 Jan 2011

by MARK PERROW

BRADLEY Wright-Phillips is set to become the latest big name to depart Home Park, with Reading seemingly at the front of the queue for the 13-goal striker's signature.

Following the notable departures of Craig Noone and Réda Johnson to Argyle's League 1 rivals Brighton & Hove Albion and Sheffield Wednesday, as well as striker George Donnelly's transfer to Fleetwood Town, the financial crisis at Argyle is being steadily eased.

Speaking after the Pilgrims' 3-0 defeat at Bournemouth, manager Peter Reid said: "It's been well documented what the club's position is, so needs must. Whatever happens - people come and go - we've just got to get on with it. At this point in time, everyone's for sale.

"We've agreed terms and I'm led to believe the lad's agreed terms, so I think it's just in terms of a medical to pass and we go on from there.

"We've had to get value for money now because we can't talk to players about new deals. I spoke to him last night and we were realistic. I said 'The club needs the money, you've got to go. You've got 13 goals; it's about you'.

"I just said 'Go there and get goals' and I wish him all the best because he has done well for the club over the last five or six months."

Reid insisted he did not begrudge his stand-out goal threat of the move, particularly with BWP's contract set to expire at the end of the season.

He said: "He's got goals, he's held [the ball] up, and he's been a valuable member of the current squad and I wish him all the best in his future career once the medical's passed.

"It's a terrific move. Let's be honest - would you hold on if you were at Argyle at the moment?

"I'm almost certain we'd have lost him in the summer for nothing, so that's the brutal reality of it.

"I just feel sorry for the fans - they were tremendous today. I don't want to sell my best players, but that's the way it is right now."

It remains a trying period for everyone connected with Argyle, but the gaffer, who is already targeting replacements for his prized assets, is confident things will be looking up sooner, rather than later.

He said: "What I've got to do is try and stay positive and, in terms of when we get the embargo lifted, going out and getting some players.

"It's a Catch 22 situation because you can't offer [our] players [new] contracts because of the embargo so you've got to get the sale value and hopefully, when we've paid enough money, I can go out and get some players on loan.

"They're going to be young players who want to go out there and get experience and play football - that's what we hang on to.

"It's a difficult situation for everybody, but we've got to win games and keep the football club going."

You could add 3 lines to the start of that and post it a new news.... Thats how Jonny Fordham does it

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 11 Jan 2011 15:18

I think they're trying to up website traffic by waiting. Why else would they release spurious article after spurious article about defenders being amazing , shane long being the worlds greatest striker etc. Just keeping us on tenterhooks...

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 11 Jan 2011 15:20

We won't be signing anyone until they advertise the text service.

934 posts