DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: MORE THAN A RUMOUR - Bradley Wright Phillips

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2011 11:14

Kitson12 @ £300,000 BWP was worth the risk, knee problem or not. Typical RFC, we now turn to a complete unknown non-league striker, you couldn't make it up.
Seriously hacked off now.

You want the club to be paying wages to someone who could end up being out for severall months for a knee?

I prefer to think the club has learned that lesson after Armstrong and Hunt

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jan 2011 11:17

Kitson12 @ £300,000 BWP was worth the risk, knee problem or not. Typical RFC, we now turn to a complete unknown non-league striker, you couldn't make it up.

What about wages - they would have been around £500k per year - so that is £800k in the FIRST year alone for someone who might break down at any moment.

It is not worth the risk for a sensible club with limited resources on a player they would not have been able to insure.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 12 Jan 2011 11:22

Wycombe Royal

What about wages - they would have been around £500k per year - so that is £800k in the FIRST year alone for someone who might break down at any moment.

It is not worth the risk for a sensible club with limited resources on a player they would not have been able to insure.

True, hadn't considered them, heat of the moment. When you put it like that, it's not that bad that we've decided not to get him. I just hope RFC have something up their sleeve, rather than just Brett Williams.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 12 Jan 2011 11:24

Kitson12
Plymouth_Royal ........god no. He's awful. Please never post again.

^This.

Hmm...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jan 2011 11:24

Kitson12 I just hope RFC have something up their sleeve, rather than just Brett Williams.

I couldn't agree more.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 12 Jan 2011 11:30

Glad to see that the Royals have taken SDR's advice. Always the main man with the real facts:
He does suffer from Dodger's Dodgy Knee. Can't train on hard grounds and when the pitch is frozen. Has to drain the kneee cap after each match and has regular sillicone injections to lubricate the joint. Also being just 5'6" doesn't like playing when it is gusty as the wind blows him over and if it rains then he suffers from blurred vision.

Apart from that he is a bargain at £300 but not sure about £300K.

Real Facts and will RFC regret the outlay if the deal goes aheaddddddddddddd?

Now pull your bl**dy fingers out and stop messing about and get a real striker in and pay real money.

You know it makes sense. Sort it and i mean this week.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2011 11:33

Ricky Lambert at Southampton would be nice, however Saints would want a couple of million there as well I guess so that's another we can write off.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Jan 2011 11:33

So we haven't signed Bradley Wright-Phillips and we might sign Brett Williams.

Is that a fair summary of the last 30+ pages?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 12 Jan 2011 11:33

Sir Dodger Royal Glad to see that the Royals have taken SDR's advice. Always the main man with the real facts:
He does suffer from Dodger's Dodgy Knee. Can't train on hard grounds and when the pitch is frozen. Has to drain the kneee cap after each match and has regular sillicone injections to lubricate the joint. Also being just 5'6" doesn't like playing when it is gusty as the wind blows him over and if it rains then he suffers from blurred vision.

Now pull your bl**dy fingers out and stop messing about and get a real striker in and pay real money.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2011 11:34

papereyes So we haven't signed Bradley Wright-Phillips and we might sign Brett Williams.

Is that a fair summary of the last 30+ pages?

Yes :lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 Jan 2011 11:36

can see it now - Press Conference to announce the signing of Brett Williams ......

Madejski "This signing shows mine and the clubs unwavering ambition to get back to the premier league"

McD " I agree with the chairman and whilst I was already happy with the squad I have , I am now very happy"

Hammond "Me and Brian have scoured the country looking for a quality striker to bring into the club ,that will allow usto make that final push for promotion, and in Brett, I think we have found him...Id like to thank Eastleigh for the way in which they have handled the negotiations...yada yada yada"

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2011 11:37

We've also effectively screwed any chance Argylle have of selling him too

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2011 11:39

DOYLERSAROYALER can see it now - Press Conference to announce the signing of Brett Williams ......

Madejski "This signing shows mine and the clubs unwavering ambition to get back to the premier league"

McD " I agree with the chairman and whilst I was already happy with the squad I have , I am now very happy"

Hammond "Me and Brian have scoured the country looking for a quality striker to bring into the club ,that will allow usto make that final push for promotion, and in Brett, I think we have found him...Id like to thank Eastleigh for the way in which they have handled the negotiations...yada yada yada"

Which did you write the bit before the last three words in your post? You would have made as much sense

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jan 2011 11:45

Sir Dodger Royal Glad to see that the Royals have taken SDR's advice. Always the main man with the real facts:

Please go away...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jan 2011 11:46

I think he might have been trying to be funny....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jan 2011 11:55

Kitson12
Wycombe Royal

True, hadn't considered them, heat of the moment. When you put it like that, it's not that bad that we've decided not to get him. I just hope RFC have something up their sleeve, rather than just Brett Williams.

Fair play. Humility's not in abundance on these pages.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2011 11:58

BM: Great bit of business getting Austin Nicky
NH: Yeah only 1.5M not bad at all
JM: Sorry lads, that's just too much think again

BM: Great bit of business getting BWP Nicky
NH: Yeah only 300k, not bad at all
JM: Sorry lads, that's just too much think of an excuse to get out of it

BM: Great bit of business getting Brett Nicky
NH: Yeah only £1 plus a bag of balls, not bad at all.......

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jan 2011 11:59

oh shut up you massive homo

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 12 Jan 2011 12:01

Very unfortunate for all concerned, i agree with UKE that by us advertising the fact that he failed the medical, has probably scuppered any chance tha Plymouth had of selling him, strange that we released that information, particularly from a club that never lets out any transfer information fees etc.....maybe they might go back in with a derisory offer of £100,000 ? could Hammond be that sneaky ??

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 12 Jan 2011 12:02

Brett Williams is an unknown not on the Kitson scale, but on the scale of Doyle, Long, Mooney, Antonio and Bennett. Not necessarily a bad signing, but if we're looking for him to compete with Long, Hunt and Church straight away it's a big gamble. Doyle was sensational, Long is now looking good but the other two simply weren't good enough.

Good decision not to take a crocked player; relying on him to bolster the front options when he could miss months at a time is also a huge gamble. Reminds me of times with Kitson and Forster.

934 posts