by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jan 2011 12:03

Barry the bird boggler BM: Great bit of business getting Austin Nicky
NH: Yeah only 1.5M not bad at all
JM: Sorry lads, that's just too much think again

BM: Great bit of business getting BWP Nicky
NH: Yeah only 300k, not bad at all
JM: Sorry lads, that's just too much think of an excuse to get out of it

BM: Great bit of business getting Brett Nicky
NH: Yeah only £1 plus a bag of balls, not bad at all.......

JM: 50p and he's ours.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MORE THAN A RUMOUR - Bradley Wright Phillips

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jan 2011 12:03

howser Very unfortunate for all concerned, i agree with UKE that by us advertising the fact that he failed the medical, has probably scuppered any chance tha Plymouth had of selling him, strange that we released that information, particularly from a club that never lets out any transfer information fees etc.....maybe they might go back in with a derisory offer of £100,000 ? could Hammond be that sneaky ??

They had to say something as it had already been leaked that the fee and personal terms had been agreed. What else was the reason going to be?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Jan 2011 12:03

Uke We've also effectively screwed any chance Argylle have of selling him too

Why? He may end up now going to Blackpool for half that money, they can use is dodgy knee as a bargaining tool on price

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 12 Jan 2011 12:11

Royal With Cheese
muddyfeet its ok - we'll get Brett Williams instead :|

Did you feel that way when we signed Kevin Doyle?

Give any player coming in a fcuking break. At least 2 games before the slagging begins shurley.

dave mooney anyone!? :(

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jan 2011 12:13

Wycombe Royal
howser Very unfortunate for all concerned, i agree with UKE that by us advertising the fact that he failed the medical, has probably scuppered any chance tha Plymouth had of selling him, strange that we released that information, particularly from a club that never lets out any transfer information fees etc.....maybe they might go back in with a derisory offer of £100,000 ? could Hammond be that sneaky ??

They had to say something as it had already been leaked that the fee and personal terms had been agreed. What else was the reason going to be?

It transpired that he had 3 legs?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jan 2011 12:17

surrounded by saints
Royal With Cheese
muddyfeet its ok - we'll get Brett Williams instead :|

Did you feel that way when we signed Kevin Doyle?

Give any player coming in a fcuking break. At least 2 games before the slagging begins shurley.

dave mooney anyone!? :(

kevin doyle, dave kitson, bobby convey, ibrahima sonko, ivar ingimarrson, nicky shorey, marcus hanneman,shane long, stephen hunt, graham murty,

anyone?

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 12 Jan 2011 12:18

could i suggest that before we embark on any more farcical deals,that the medical is done FIRST ,and sort out the rest of the details once we know what we,re dealing with. we must be fast becoming a joke in the transfer world :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 12 Jan 2011 12:20

yeah real fast joke innit.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jan 2011 12:22

surrounded by saints could i suggest that before we embark on any more farcical deals,that the medical is done FIRST ,and sort out the rest of the details once we know what we,re dealing with. we must be fast becoming a joke in the transfer world :roll:

surely the selling club need to ok us talking to him, a fee must be agreed, and personal terms be at least dicussed before there is any point in any medical?

the problem imo stems from peter reid saying it was a done deal before it was imo

that and the totally gay frenzy that internet types got themselves in over the whole affair.
just chill, wait for a transfer to be concluded and made official, then say yay.

the end

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 12:22

Kitson12 @ £300,000 BWP was worth the risk, knee problem or not. Typical RFC, we now turn to a complete unknown non-league striker, you couldn't make it up.
Seriously hacked off now.

There's an argument that if he scored a bunch of goals this season that got us up, sod the risk. But we've learned our lesson with Armstrong and Hunt. And if I was a manager, I wouldn't want a player in the group that had to keep missing training--particularly as we've such a team ethos. As for Williams, we haven't turned to him as a result of the BWP collapse: we were onto him already. And don't forget that Robin Friday and Kerry Dixon came from non-league.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 12 Jan 2011 12:27

facaldaqui And don't forget that Robin Friday and Kerry Dixon came from non-league.

You'll have to remind me how many years ago that was. :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jan 2011 12:29

surrounded by saints could i suggest that before we embark on any more farcical deals,that the medical is done FIRST ,and sort out the rest of the details once we know what we,re dealing with. we must be fast becoming a joke in the transfer world :roll:

Mega :|

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 12 Jan 2011 12:30

facaldaqui
Kitson12 @ £300,000 BWP was worth the risk, knee problem or not. Typical RFC, we now turn to a complete unknown non-league striker, you couldn't make it up.

There's an argument that if he scored a bunch of goals this season that got us up, sod the risk. But we've learned our lesson with Armstrong and Hunt. And if I was a manager, I wouldn't want a player in the group that had to keep missing training--particularly as we've such a team ethos. As for Williams, we haven't turned to him as a result of the BWP collapse: we were onto him already. And don't forget that Robin Friday and Kerry Dixon came from non-league.

yeah, but that was in the days when clubs gave those sort of players the chance to show what they could do however rough around the edges they might be. look at michal antonio, two years on and still cant get a game for us.in my opinion,he,d be a regular in most other teams in this league.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Jan 2011 12:30

Hoop Blah As I said above, my current first choice targets are Jordon Rhodes at Huddersfield or Steve Morison at Millwall. Niether are similar players to Wright-Phillips though so McDermott might have other ideas!
Morison was being lined up by Blackpool towards the end of last summer.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2011 12:32

Wycombe Royal

I also would reckon another reason for the long dawn out process was that we tried to find a solution acceptable to all parties such as a loan or a PAYP deal. These could have bee rejected either by Argylle (who need the cash) or BWP (who wants the cash)

Some people are always too quick to slag the club off from a position of ignorance

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jan 2011 12:33

surrounded by saints
facaldaqui

yeah, but that was in the days when clubs gave those sort of players the chance to show what they could do however rough around the edges they might be. look at michal antonio, two years on and still cant get a game for us.in my opinion,he,d be a regular in most other teams in this league.

most other teams in this league would have antonio as 1st choice winger?
if thats true its a reflection on the league not michael
where exactly does all this antonio love come from- hes looked like a big pacy headless chicken with potential every time hes come on

looks like hes being dealt with perfectly imo

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2011 12:33

surrounded by saints
facaldaqui

That's just the quality of the wingers in our league though.

* damnit brendy, we seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 12 Jan 2011 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jan 2011 12:34

Uke
Some people are always too quick to slag the club off from a position of ignorance

This should be on the ad banner when you open the Team board.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 12 Jan 2011 12:38

It would have been a terrible signing demonstrating our lack of ambition had we bought him but failing to sign him now is just a disaster and PROVES that Madejski doesn't want us to get promoted. This represents everything that is wrong about Reading Football Club - and all on a day when Madejski is given the Sports Personality Award. You couldn't make it up. I see nothing but doom and despondency for the foreseeable future. I intend to come to the next match just to throw my Member Card at Nick Hammond.

PS Thread title change please from "MORE" to "LESS".

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 12 Jan 2011 12:38

brendywendy kevin doyle, dave kitson, bobby convey, ibrahima sonko, ivar ingimarrson, nicky shorey, marcus hanneman,shane long, stephen hunt, graham murty,

anyone?

That's largely a list of players who had form at League One level, or equivalent. What's it got to do with Brett Williams?

934 posts