DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

by Top Flight » 12 Jan 2011 14:48

I'm glad this deal is off.

I've never been impressed by what I've seen of BWP. He is not better than what we already have. He would be the number 4 striker in my opinion.

Any amount of money spent on a number 4 is a waste. It would have been £300K down the drain. We are far better off investing half a million or a million on a player that could come in and make an impact. Give us a different option. Either be better than what we already have or be as good but provide us with something a bit different. Only a big strong target man striker like a Kitson or a Roberts or a fox in the box in the Curo style would offer us something a bit different.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2011 14:53

Z175
Plymouth Argyle website Free Gift with player

Plymouth are now offering to throw in a free watch to anyone who buys bradley

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10364,00.html

If they made it a big watch, there might be some interest

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jan 2011 14:55

Uke
Z175

If they made it a big watch, there might be some interest

<insert haloorious Rodgers joke here>

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Jan 2011 14:56

Most of the comedy value left in this thread is people desperately trying to find something to object to in other posters, but Harold and a couple of no-marks aside, the usual suspects aren't playing today.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 15:00

Royal Lady
facaldaqui
No Fixed Abode I smell foul play on Readings part in this.

I hope not: it would be unlike us. It seems to me that what we've been told is the truth: that we agreed a fee and terms pending a medical, which turned out to reveal a worrying injury. If Reading come back and try to buy W-P for less, then I'd smell foul play too. But if I were McDermott I wouldn't want a player who might get long-term injured and who'd be unable to train properly--so I hope this is the end of the matter.

M8 - you crack me up!! It's KES ffs - he's on a wind up! :lol:

It doesn't matter if it's a wind up; the question of whether we're up to something has to be discussed. I don't think we are; but why did Hammond say we can't buy him "at this time"?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 15:03

Royal Lady
Hoop Blah
Royal Lady And a Whooooosh for you too my friend. :lol:

Yeah fair enough, if you say so RL.

You just told off facaldaqui for responding seriously to a Kes wind up, and then you've wooshed me for taking facaldaqui's post seriously???

Whatevs - you were talking about foul play which is what Kes was winding people up about - if you'd known it was a whoosh from the start, you'd have told Falcadoodey or whatever he's called! :wink:

All this is irrelevant. We say what we want and in simple English, without game-playing.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2011 15:06

Royal Lady Whatevs - you were talking about foul play which is what Kes was winding people up about - if you'd known it was a whoosh from the start, you'd have told Falcadoodey or whatever he's called! :wink:

Or I'd have just acted like an adult and ignored Kes from the off like I usually do...

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 15:08

Hoop Blah If it was foul play though he wouldn't be a greater risk of injury than any other player.

If he is a greater risk because of the medical results then there's no fould play surely?

I see what you mean. I was thinking it would be foul play to use the medical to get a lower price. Hopefully we won't do that.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 15:08

Chillax m8 - no point crying over spilt milk - I'm trying to lighten the mood.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 12 Jan 2011 15:13

facaldaqui It doesn't matter if it's a wind up; the question of whether we're up to something has to be discussed. I don't think we are; but why did Hammond say we can't buy him "at this time"?

I think that was just Hammond being polite and politically correct. If BWP knee injury is as serious as it is, then it's going to get worse rather than get better. e.g. Ledley King.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 12 Jan 2011 15:17

BWP, as everyone already knew before the deal, has had long standing knee problems.

The idea of a medical is not to find out of the player is fit to play in the next game but rather protect the club from future injuries (and therefore expenditure) which they would percieve as more likely as a result. Following the review of his previous injury records and RFC's scans etc there may have been several medical reasons to call the deal off... a previous operation may not have been as sucessful over a long peroid and in the medical staffs opinion would need re doing in the next 3, 6 or 12 months and consequently the player could break down at any point.
It could be due to his previous record the amount to insure him was far too high to the cost of the player.

What I do find interesting though is BWP trained with the squad yesterday and the medical results were reported at 1:30, although SDR may have been winding everyone up, it is not unrealistic for his knee to have swelled after training and before completion of the deal. The staff then explored it further, maybe BWP said it was normal for him (with the staff realising it is not normal) took him for further investigation before the deal was complete, got the results from the hospital this morning which suggested an underlying problem with the knee making injury and further treatment a probable scenario.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 15:18

Royal Lady Chillax m8 - no point crying over spilt milk - I'm trying to lighten the mood.

I'm hoping we've got a substitute target lined up. We moved pretty quick for Rasiak after Tommy Smith fell through.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 15:21

Richi Royal BWP, as everyone already knew before the deal, has had long standing knee problems.

The idea of a medical is not to find out of the player is fit to play in the next game but rather protect the club from future injuries (and therefore expenditure) which they would percieve as more likely as a result. Following the review of his previous injury records and RFC's scans etc there may have been several medical reasons to call the deal off... a previous operation may not have been as sucessful over a long peroid and in the medical staffs opinion would need re doing in the next 3, 6 or 12 months and consequently the player could break down at any point.
It could be due to his previous record the amount to insure him was far too high to the cost of the player.

What I do find interesting though is BWP trained with the squad yesterday and the medical results were reported at 1:30, although SDR may have been winding everyone up, it is not unrealistic for his knee to have swelled after training and before completion of the deal. The staff then explored it further, maybe BWP said it was normal for him (with the staff realising it is not normal) took him for further investigation before the deal was complete, got the results from the hospital this morning which suggested an underlying problem with the knee making injury and further treatment a probable scenario.

It's certainly possible that the training session was to try him out rather than just to get him involved quickly.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Jan 2011 15:24

Totally seriously, I think the club have acted in a totally professional manner and I applaud them for it

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 12 Jan 2011 15:25

Totally

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 12 Jan 2011 15:27

Z175

:lol:

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 12 Jan 2011 15:30

A lot of people sticking up for RFC on the Plymouth board, A point well made though..

I don't see what Reading have done to deserve such opprobrium. If they're not convinced a player they're looking to sign is fit then they shouldn't sign him. You wouldn't buy a car just because the seller says it drives fine: you'd want to make sure it's fine for yourself.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 12 Jan 2011 15:38

Whatever happened to T-Rex? I'd have expected him to pop up while all this was going on.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jan 2011 15:45

From PASOTI.co.uk

I'm not happy about this at all, Reading have screwed us over.

Everyone knows we're at one of the lowest ebbs in our history at the moment yet we've been forced to not play our top goalscorer after a possible buyer in a higher league insisted. Who knows how many he could've scored in those two games. Of course I'm delighted that Bradley is still with us, but I had accepted he was leaving and the buyer has now backed out due to the medical (he has played 21 times this season already!).

Winkers

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jan 2011 15:48

a bit of balance from the same site.

I don't see what Reading have done to deserve such opprobrium. If they're not convinced a player they're looking to sign is fit then they shouldn't sign him. You wouldn't buy a car just because the seller says it drives fine: you'd want to make sure it's fine for yourself.

You can sum up how rubbish it is spending lots of money on a player who isn't fit in two words:

Emile Mpenza.

Just like HNA!! :wink:

934 posts