Hob Nob Regular

Re: DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

by Wimb » 13 Jan 2011 06:01

Christ, give it a rest it's only the 13th of January :|

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 13 Jan 2011 07:48

FiNeRaIn Yeah its not as if we got 7 million for sigurdsson....

We said at the time we wouldn't moan if some of that was reinvested into the team, but as usual none was and the club as well as the RTG's have started coming up with excuses about why we aren't able too. We said prior to the sig signing we needed to spend on 1/2 additions and build around him, now we get a windfall of 7 million and STILL not try and sign anyone? Truly sickening to be honest, we all thought we'd be making some worthwhile signings this transfer window on PROVEN players and here we are again, deja vu same old money excuses. Just how many players are we going to have to sell before we can buy a fvcking proven player for a fraction of the price? At this rate we'll be selling players for 3/4million in 2020 and we'll still be using wages from coppells premiership regime as the excuse.

" balancing the books boys, making up for future losses" bla bla bla.

Seriously, i'm getting annoyed, sign some fvcking players and back your manager who you appointed. Stop feeding him peanuts.

Jeez do you people honestly just think that the 7 million is just sitting in Madejski's pocket???? What do you think enabled reading to get Zurab on Loan??? Before Reading sold Sig they couldnt afford Zurabs wages... Now they can. I am sure you would find that theres probably less than 2 million left if any.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 13 Jan 2011 09:08

bigmike

We said at the time we wouldn't moan if some of that was reinvested into the team, but as usual none was and the club as well as the RTG's have started coming up with excuses about why we aren't able too. We said prior to the sig signing we needed to spend on 1/2 additions and build around him, now we get a windfall of 7 million and STILL not try and sign anyone? Truly sickening to be honest, we all thought we'd be making some worthwhile signings this transfer window on PROVEN players and here we are again, deja vu same old money excuses. Just how many players are we going to have to sell before we can buy a fvcking proven player for a fraction of the price? At this rate we'll be selling players for 3/4million in 2020 and we'll still be using wages from coppells premiership regime as the excuse.

Seriously, i'm getting annoyed, sign some fvcking players and back your manager who you appointed. Stop feeding him peanuts.

Jeez do you people honestly just think that the 7 million is just sitting in Madejski's pocket???? What do you think enabled reading to get Zurab on Loan??? Before Reading sold Sig they couldnt afford Zurabs wages... Now they can. I am sure you would find that theres probably less than 2 million left if any.

If that's the case, we are well and truly screwed!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 13 Jan 2011 09:44

bigmike

Jeez do you people honestly just think that the 7 million is just sitting in Madejski's pocket????

Judging by the constant stream of gimps posting on the team board it would seem that many do.

Who Moved The Goalposts?
bigmike I am sure you would find that theres probably less than 2 million left if any.

If that's the case, we are well and truly screwed!

But significantly less screwed than the vast majority of clubs.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 13 Jan 2011 10:36

the money hasnt sat in a bank account gaining interest since the sale went through.. It was used for getting Zurab in the club said so at the time.

Any money that has been in the account has gone towards wages... there is no way near the 7 million mark that always gets banded about sitting to be used for transfers.. The cash was used for debts and running costs.. I would say budgeted for present and future costs ..

Prudence is needed... The last thing we need is to end up like Rangers effectivley run by the bank and getting our best player sold for less than hes worth just to balance the books.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jan 2011 11:11

Hoop Blah
This is true, quite the coincidence when you look at Chelsea's injuries since he went there.

I don't think the physio does all that much during a full on medical, especially if it's looking into the details of serious internal wear and tear as this one appears.
[/quote]

My comment wasn't based on medicals but bringing players back too soon from long injuries.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 13 Jan 2011 11:15

Agent Balti
Hoop Blah
This is true, quite the coincidence when you look at Chelsea's injuries since he went there.

I don't think the physio does all that much during a full on medical, especially if it's looking into the details of serious internal wear and tear as this one appears.

My comment wasn't based on medicals but bringing players back too soon from long injuries.[/quote]

I agree with you I remember talking about it at the time.... we rushed people back way to often

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 13 Jan 2011 11:16

bigmike the money hasnt sat in a bank account gaining interest since the sale went through.. It was used for getting Zurab in the club said so at the time.

Any money that has been in the account has gone towards wages... there is no way near the 7 million mark that always gets banded about sitting to be used for transfers.. The cash was used for debts and running costs.. I would say budgeted for present and future costs ..

Prudence is needed... The last thing we need is to end up like Rangers effectivley run by the bank and getting our best player sold for less than hes worth just to balance the books.

Yes, agree with that. To be clearer, what I meant was that we shouldn't see that £7m in isolation. We were well on the way to plugging the £4m black hole (about 2/3 I would guess) *before* we sold Gylfi. Much of it will still be left, but set aside to plug next year's hole - which by then should hopefully be one hell of a lot less than £4m.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jan 2011 11:26

Agent Balti
Hoop Blah I don't think the physio does all that much during a full on medical, especially if it's looking into the details of serious internal wear and tear as this one appears.

My comment wasn't based on medicals but bringing players back too soon from long injuries.

Fair enough, I agree to a certain extent, but I didn't pick that up from the comments on here. It happened with Little and Kitson I think, and maybe Ingimarsson too. Doyle cartainly played when he was probably not fit enough to do so.

I've said the same before, although I think it came more from the fact we didn't have enough depth in the squad (of sufficient quality) which meant there was a need or a pressure to get them back sooner than perhaps we should've done.

I do think there were issues getting to the bottom of injuries (Little, Ingimarsson and Armstrong) quickly enough as well.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jan 2011 14:25

Yep, point taken there, but who was undermining who? Fearn was certainly here long enough to have some 'clout' and Coppell never did seem the kind to push for a player to be fit. Again, my money is on Fearn - just my feeling.

But still, water under the Wayne Bridge innit.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Jan 2011 18:13

bigmike
What do you think enabled reading to get Zurab on Loan??? Before Reading sold Sig they couldnt afford Zurabs wages... Now they can. I am sure you would find that theres probably less than 2 million left if any.

lmao 5 million on zurabs wages? You been drinking?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Jan 2011 18:19

No closer to signing anyone then I take it? When does the window end, is it end of the month?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Jan 2011 18:21

Royal Lady No closer to signing anyone then I take it? When does the window end, is it end of the month?

Yep.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jan 2011 18:34

Royal Lady No closer to signing anyone then I take it? When does the window end, is it end of the month?

Why women should stop pretending to understand football... ;)

How many years has the transfer window been implemented?

Well be having to explain the offside rule using shoes and purses again next :D

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Jan 2011 18:43

RL's a good poster, but that was a howling question, gotta admit. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Jan 2011 18:46

FiNeRaIn RL's a good poster, but that was a howling question, gotta admit. :lol:

Oh whatever - I'm sure one transfer window it was shorter than a month or something - which is why I asked. As it is, we have approx 2 weeks to do something - that's all I need to know. :cry:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Jan 2011 12:15

FiNeRaIn
bigmike
What do you think enabled reading to get Zurab on Loan??? Before Reading sold Sig they couldnt afford Zurabs wages... Now they can. I am sure you would find that theres probably less than 2 million left if any.

lmao 5 million on zurabs wages? You been drinking?

I am not going to explain economics to you. Lets look at the Rangers business model shall we...

Spend money they havent got .. (Loan from Lloyds bank)
Dont pay back loan Lloyds take over finacial control of club
Bank sell best player at club for "less" than hes worth
Fans moan about Lloyds. :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Jan 2011 13:20

It reminds me of the saying:

You owe the bank £5000, you have a problem, you owe the bank £5,000,000 they have a problem

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 14 Jan 2011 13:30

Anyway the Wright-Phillips deal could be back on at a higher price.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 360367.stm

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Jan 2011 20:18

Thank you, Elmer. Roberto is a handsome man, and I'm pleased to have something to look at while I take in your news.

934 posts