DONE DEAL - Mathieu Manset

472 posts
Trainspotter

Re: DONE DEAL - Mathieu Manset

by Trainspotter » 22 Jan 2011 12:25

Good to see we are actually signing someone. Every signing is a risk, but if you minimise the risk the loss will not be great.
Paying loads for someone like Fryatt does not guarantee he wil be any better. Our success rate has been good, especially as Long cost virtually nothing as part of the Doyle deal. Let's hope the gamble pays off.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Jan 2011 13:21

PieEater At 6'1" he's not that tall, but looks pretty powerful. He reminds me a bit of Heskey. Some of comments from the Bull forum say he's not fit and often caught offside. That sounds like he doesn't train well and doesn't understand what's going on. Both fixable with a bit of effort from him and the coaching staff.

Yeah, and he's so bad he only gets 13 goals in 16 games.

Now imagine him fit as our fittest and better at avoiding offsides 16 goals in 13 games?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Jan 2011 13:32

Where did I say he was bad :roll:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Jan 2011 13:43

PieEater Where did I say he was bad :roll:

You didn't, nor did I say you did,

I was referring to the Bulls Fans saying: he's not fit and often caught offside. That sounds like he doesn't train well and doesn't understand what's going on.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2011 14:13

Ian Royal One of the more exciting signings in recent times! He's not got pedigree, he's not got experience. But he's bloody enormous and I look forward to him giving defences a nightmare and allowing Long much more time and space to do damage.

I'm genuinely very pleased by this. I think it would be a shame for Church if he instantly catapults above him in the starting list, but he's certainly going to offer us something different.

I agree.

Pleased with the signing. We've desperately needed another striking option all season, and this is it.

I won't comment on where a the money has gone because that's a different matter, but within whatever budget constraints we have this is a good signing. Clearly the right sort of player. Well done Brian.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2011 14:14

Snowball
PieEater At 6'1" he's not that tall, but looks pretty powerful. He reminds me a bit of Heskey. Some of comments from the Bull forum say he's not fit and often caught offside. That sounds like he doesn't train well and doesn't understand what's going on. Both fixable with a bit of effort from him and the coaching staff.

Yeah, and he's so bad he only gets 13 goals in 16 games.

Now imagine him fit as our fittest and better at avoiding offsides 16 goals in 13 games?

Exactly.

Wait till Brian works with him. Coppell would turn water into wine and I think Brian can too.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Jan 2011 14:14

Just out of intrigue say IF he got injured today and it was long term are we within our rights to just send him back and not bother with finalising a perm deal?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jan 2011 14:16

loyalroyal4life Just out of intrigue say IF he got injured today and it was long term are we within our rights to just send him back and not bother with finalising a perm deal?

Totally depends on the terms of the loan deal, doesn't it? What would you do if you were HUFC?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Jan 2011 14:23

Platypuss
loyalroyal4life Just out of intrigue say IF he got injured today and it was long term are we within our rights to just send him back and not bother with finalising a perm deal?

Totally depends on the terms of the loan deal, doesn't it? What would you do if you were HUFC?

Take it on the chin

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 22 Jan 2011 14:38

On the bench for todays game.......

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jan 2011 19:24

Platypuss

That's simple. Charge a loan fee of 99% of the player's agreed value to be set off against the permanent transfer fee.

Back to the player, he wins and scores penalties too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PJGS2tDgwk&feature=fvsr

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 22 Jan 2011 20:12

Did anyone actually see him play today.
He came on for Church but he looked off the pace and not sure where he was supposed to be playing. He collided with Long at one time when he went for the same ball.
On the plus side, didn't react angrily when he took a swipe to the face from Bradley Guzan late on.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 20:15

Half Man Half Biscuit Did anyone actually see him play today.
He came on for Church but he looked off the pace and not sure where he was supposed to be playing. He collided with Long at one time when he went for the same ball.
On the plus side, didn't react angrily when he took a swipe to the face from Bradley Guzan late on.

Its too early to say. He was on the pitch for around 30 minutes but didn't really get too involved. He did one sort of step-over trick to no great effect and did a bit of link-up play but in truth we didn't improve after Church went off.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2011 20:46

Be harsh to expect him to do too much a day after signing really.

Depending on Hunt's fitness I think he'll get a fair few sub appearances over the next few games, but it sounds like his own fitness issue isn't just sour grapes from Hereford fans.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 20:49

Ian Royal Be harsh to expect him to do too much a day after signing really.

Depending on Hunt's fitness I think he'll get a fair few sub appearances over the next few games, but it sounds like his own fitness issue isn't just sour grapes from Hereford fans.

I agree which is why its too early to pass judgement. Church has had the usual stick on here but if he was so bad why didn't we improve after he was subbed? We didn't.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2011 20:52

PEARCEY

I agree which is why its too early to pass judgement. Church has had the usual stick on here but if he was so bad why didn't we improve after he was subbed? We didn't.

Completely agree... On Church I've nailed my colours to the mast. I genuinely am dumbfounded at the level of dislike some have for him, he's missed some good chances but he's still picked up goals despite quite obviously being a bit out of form, low on confidence and low on match readiness. Which will come with a run of games IMO.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jan 2011 20:53

PEARCEY

I think expecting a player who only met his team mates for the first time this morning and therefore hasn't trained with them and who was playing two levels above the highest level he has ever played at to improve us is expecting a bit much.

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Jan 2011 20:55

Where does it leave this man?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jan 2011 20:58

Ian Royal Completely agree... On Church I've nailed my colours to the mast. I genuinely am dumbfounded at the level of dislike some have for him, he's missed some good chances but he's still picked up goals despite quite obviously being a bit out of form, low on confidence and low on match readiness. Which will come with a run of games IMO.

Substitute Church for Long 3 months ago. If we could get both firing we'll surely make the play-offs this season.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 21:03

Wycombe. The point I'm making is that according to many nobbers today Church was pretty uselss. So if he was that bad(which he wasn't) then presumably any new signing really wouldn't have had to do much to improve things. My point is not a criticism of Manset. As I've said its far too early to start forming opinions. I am simply ppointing out Church did ok and that when he was subbed we really didn't improve at all.

472 posts