DONE DEAL - Mathieu Manset

472 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: DONE DEAL - Mathieu Manset

by paultheroyal » 22 Jan 2011 21:07

I would be gutted if Antonio is shipped out on loan. For me he is ahead of Robson Kanu and offers far more what with his pace, trickery and long throw. He seems to make the bench for away matches but does not get a look in at home.

Really hope he is involved in the cup match on Saturday.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Jan 2011 21:15

PEARCEY
Ian Royal Be harsh to expect him to do too much a day after signing really.

Depending on Hunt's fitness I think he'll get a fair few sub appearances over the next few games, but it sounds like his own fitness issue isn't just sour grapes from Hereford fans.

I agree which is why its too early to pass judgement. Church has had the usual stick on here but if he was so bad why didn't we improve after he was subbed? We didn't.

We did - we attacked a lot more consistently and equalised!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 21:20

How many chances did we create? We got a goal out of nothing have looked totally unthreatening. We created far more in the first half.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jan 2011 21:23

PEARCEY Wycombe. The point I'm making is that according to many nobbers today Church was pretty uselss. So if he was that bad(which he wasn't) then presumably any new signing really wouldn't have had to do much to improve things. My point is not a criticism of Manset. As I've said its far too early to start forming opinions. I am simply ppointing out Church did ok and that when he was subbed we really didn't improve at all.

Another way of looking at it is that we were just as good when Church was replaced by a raw League 2 player who had barely met the rest of the team before playing.....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 21:27

Platypuss
PEARCEY Wycombe. The point I'm making is that according to many nobbers today Church was pretty uselss. So if he was that bad(which he wasn't) then presumably any new signing really wouldn't have had to do much to improve things. My point is not a criticism of Manset. As I've said its far too early to start forming opinions. I am simply ppointing out Church did ok and that when he was subbed we really didn't improve at all.

Another way of looking at it is that we were just as good when Church was replaced by a raw League 2 player who had barely met the rest of the team before playing.....

Er no. We played better in the first half.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 22 Jan 2011 22:08

PEARCEY
Platypuss

Er no. We played better in the first half.

I didn't realise Manset came on at half time.

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Jan 2011 22:09

paultheroyal I would be gutted if Antonio is shipped out on loan. For me he is ahead of Robson Kanu and offers far more what with his pace, trickery and long throw. He seems to make the bench for away matches but does not get a look in at home.

Really hope he is involved in the cup match on Saturday.

I agree with this ~ he is coming on well IMO.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Jan 2011 22:24

@ Platypus. Well done. :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 22 Jan 2011 23:18

PEARCEY @ Platypus. Well done. :roll:

Strange attitude, but nothing new there I suppose.

So how much did our performance change when Manset came on for Church then? Our first half performance has precisely zero relevance to the question, by the way.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jan 2011 01:02

Platypuss

So how much did our performance change when Manset came on for Church then? Our first half performance has precisely zero relevance to the question, by the way.

we looked disjointed after the substitutes were made.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

2nite

by brendywendy » 23 Jan 2011 01:07

And yet manset held the ball up,brought other players in,and got in the box more than churbh did in an hour. Go figure

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Jan 2011 01:11

leon
Platypuss

we looked disjointed after the substitutes were made.

We looked incapable of holding the ball up or scoring a goal before they were made.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 23 Jan 2011 01:30

Active for this time of the night.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jan 2011 01:31

Royalee
leon we looked disjointed after the substitutes were made.

We looked incapable of holding the ball up or scoring a goal before they were made.

well we had a couple of chances, but they looked worse to be honest, utterly no cutting edge. Had Harte not given them a goal then, we might have won...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jan 2011 08:03

I am very glad to see the usual Muppets of Muppetland slagging off Manset.

That ensures he will be a very good player for us.

"Never won a header" Absolutely untrue.

He had a good first touch, he was there in the box when the ball came in, challenging the keeper (the crosses weren't good enough), he laid the ball off well, one VG pass that I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not, but found a Reading player. He flicked on well at least twice from my memory, once on the left wing, once central. He was involved in tussles on both wings, doing OK.

This is a 20/21 year old French kid, just in from a League 2 club WHO HADN'T TRAINED WITH US AT ALL, probably didn't sleep Friday night cos he was so excited, probably hadn't trained all week.

IMO it was a very good debut and he will do extremely well as an RFC player. If he plays at Stevenage (which I think he may) he'll probably score.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jan 2011 09:51

If he plays at Stevenage we could be thrown out of the FA Cup tho.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Jan 2011 10:11

I thought that, in the circumstances - i.e. didn't know the other players, had stepped up a couple of leagues, hadn't trained with us - Manset did pretty well - he didn't freeze with nerves, he got stuck in - I noticed him miss one header only and you can hardly hang him for that when you see how pretty poor the rest of the team were. With some more fitness training and having gelled with the team, I think he could be a good asset for us - whether as a "super sub" or starting on occasion.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 23 Jan 2011 10:15

Platypuss

You seem to be struggling with what I'm saying. Its not difficult. It really isn't. I am not having a go at Manset. The point I'm making is that Church didn't do anywhere near as badly as is being made out on here.
For you to say our first half performance has precisely zero relevance us utter nonsense. Of course its bloody relevant.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 23 Jan 2011 11:56

Harpers So Solid Crew If he plays at Stevenage we could be thrown out of the FA Cup tho.

:lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 23 Jan 2011 12:01

PEARCEY
Platypuss

You seem to be struggling with what I'm saying. Its not difficult. It really isn't. I am not having a go at Manset. The point I'm making is that Church didn't do anywhere near as badly as is being made out on here.
For you to say our first half performance has precisely zero relevance us utter nonsense. Of course its bloody relevant.

It's of zero relevance to the question I was asking. You're obviously quite incapable of grasping what I'm saying either, so let's leave the rolly eyes stuff out next time, eh?

472 posts