9%
100+
5%
Less than 100
3%

Total votes: 98
Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: How Many Royalty Points Do You Have?

by Rex » 26 Jan 2011 12:47

um - yep i'm not an active supporter of the club. The discussion is about the fairer allocation and availability. This was further compunded by the attraction of a smaller ground where the allocation was set to the max 1340 for the away end. This has pushed others hell bent on attending going into the home end. Thankfully Stevenage seem to appreciate this demand and are relaxed in their approach to Reading supporters opting for the home end.
How to make it fair for high demand games for the future is something the club (i feel) should address. General sale could be of interest. Not setting the bar as high for the future also another. Revising the points scheme a possibility. Should (or would) the club consider this - possibly not, as the last frenzy was Highbury where some of us camped out at midnight in the cold to get the tickets.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 26 Jan 2011 13:09

how does having a general sale, or setting the bar lower, make it "fairer"

in general the people with the most points go to the most games

so when attractive fixtures come along, be it home or away, the higher up the points ladder up, the higher your prioirty is

that is what the current system does

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Jan 2011 13:11

weybridgewanderer how does having a general sale, or setting the bar lower, make it "fairer"

in general the people with the most points go to the most games

so when attractive fixtures come along, be it home or away, the higher up the points ladder up, the higher your prioirty is

that is what the current system does

It makes it fairer because a person with 100 points can get a ticket. !!!

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 26 Jan 2011 13:43

Harpers So Solid Crew Dave do you look out for the results/cup draws/ transfers and match reports??

Results - unless I'm there then yes.
Cup draws - Until recently we only need look out for a couple of these per year but, usually, yes.
Transfers - Only confirmed ones
Match reports - even if I'm there it's still a yes

Where are we going with this?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Jan 2011 14:32

well the answer is that you follow Reading Football Club, makes you a supporter in my eyes.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 26 Jan 2011 14:43

PieEater Or alternatively these JCLs might be encouraged to accrue more points by attending more games to catch up.

The points people have translate pretty well to how much they have spent with the club and hence their value to them as a customer. So what is wrong with the club looking after it's best customers.

Especially as the JCL can go for the away ST where you get every away ticket regardless of points. If you think going to every away game qualifies for special treatment - so does the club :shock:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 26 Jan 2011 16:33

starliaison
PieEater Or alternatively these JCLs might be encouraged to accrue more points by attending more games to catch up.

The points people have translate pretty well to how much they have spent with the club and hence their value to them as a customer. So what is wrong with the club looking after it's best customers.

Especially as the JCL can go for the away ST where you get every away ticket regardless of points. If you think going to every away game qualifies for special treatment - so does the club :shock:

So for away games, those with an away season ticket and little history get priority for away cup games over a non away season ticket holder with many points

That is also true of a JCL home season ticket holder with little history getting priority for home cup games over a non home season ticket holder with many points (if I remember rightly my season ticket seat was available to me for a period of time for the WBA, nothing to do with points).

Other than that people with high points totals get priority for high demand games.

I think that is pretty fair.

the more people "pick and choose" not to go to low demand games, the less priority they get for games that are in high demand

Other than some sort of "historic devaluation" I think the system works pretty well.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2011 19:14

It's bad enough that our savings are being devalued!! :cry:

Why should our points be devalued too? We paid our dues to earn them through times good and bad. Just because we may not be able to go for a period of time (we might even be on a holiday from HMRC like our illustrious leader!) why should those points earned be worth any less?

System works about as well as it can (and there will be times when my family win and others when they lose), so leave well alone.