Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Feb 2011 17:25

Scrappy Just looked at the interest free option. Seems okay, until you see the £15 administration fee for going on the interest free option.

It just seems weird that the club have suddenly done this when in the past they've been so terrible at organising the renewals.

Perhaps they read this thread : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102437&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=b89e2d2ac847430f7bea8a5833416336

Two-thirds of the way down page 1, in particular.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 14 Feb 2011 17:31

I think you will find that the renewals have been done fine, that list I posted was with a DD option over a period, with a one off admin charge, and was for at tickets paid on the same DD, 6 months DD it was on checking. Also the ones I mention was for renewals by the end of April, so no one can really say the club is making it earlier and earlier.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 14 Feb 2011 17:36

Just emailed the club with this for what its worth:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have just seen on your website that current season ticket holders have until the 28th of April to renew their ticket, after this date it goes on general sale. As you are well aware in previous years we have had until July to renew our seats, I find this new arrangement quite unacceptable, to expect people to pay for next year before the current season has finished is totally unfair. I do accept that if you want next years ticket at this seasons price then you have to renew before the end of April, but not that if you want your seat at all. Sir John Madjeski keeps reminding fans that we are in a recession and that finances are tight, perhaps he would do as well to remember this himself and realise that it affects us as well as himself!

Yours Faithfully

One disgruntled Loyal Royal

There will be many of you that find this petty and silly but sometimes people feel that strongly about something!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 14 Feb 2011 17:42

I do wonder if that is really what the club wanted to do, as you say in the past you have had the seat held till later, but the price went up a bit. Seems this is more of a get in early or have the chance of losing your seat of many years.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2011 17:43

Good for you Drew!!

And, whilst I am in two minds about renewing anyway, having to secure your ST seat by the end of April is just wrong in my eyes.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 14 Feb 2011 17:44

I was just saying that as well, and I do not have a seat. Day trippers have been priced out, and have voted with their feet by not attending.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 14 Feb 2011 18:02

Fleece the fans early as the budgets are tight at RFC and wages need to be paid.

That said there will be a cost saving as he ticket office team will have a long summer vacation!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2011 18:15

If we were on the brink of promotion, I could, sort of, understand it - as they would be expecting a much higher uptake of STs etc. However, we're not, it's a very outside bet at most that we might get in the play offs - so in reality, a percentage of those current ST holders may not renew - and even if they did, there's still over 10,000 other seats for new ST holders to choose from, so why should I risk losing mine after all these years, just because I might be a bit tight for cash at the end of April? :|

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Feb 2011 18:18

Royal Lady ...... so why should I risk losing mine after all these years, just because I might be a bit tight for cash at the end of April? :|

Isn't that why they're offering the installment schemes?

And surely this is aimed at the poeple who will renew whatever division we're in?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2011 18:22

Not everyone wants to pay by instalments.

If people are going to renew anyway, why the rush at the end of April to secure your ST seat then? :|

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Feb 2011 18:23

That 0% over 4 months scheme might just mean that I can afford to renew this year. I had my concerns. (what with buying a house and all zzz)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Feb 2011 18:28

Royal Lady Good for you Drew!!

And, whilst I am in two minds about renewing anyway, having to secure your ST seat by the end of April is just wrong in my eyes.

Agree entirely. Perhaps they could have dealt with their longstanding supporters a bit more fairly, for example by requesting a non-refundable £20-25 deposit by the end of April with the balance being paid by the end of June.

As for the interest free option, the admin charge wipes out 75% of any saving from buying your ticket that early.

Out of interest is £15 per season ticket or on total purchase of season tickets? If the latter, then it really is a rip off as I doubt the admin costs of collecting £800 by 4 monthly installments is much/any greater than collecting £300. That is, unless they are trying to recover the interest on the 'interest free' deal.

ZacNaloen That 0% over 4 months scheme might just mean that I can afford to renew this year. I had my concerns. (what with buying a house and all zzz)

Don't forget the £15 admin charge though. What's the typical rate of interest on an authorised overdraft nowadays?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 14 Feb 2011 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Feb 2011 18:43

Surely you're know by April if you are going to renew next season or not - by the 28th April there will only be a couple of games left and only a truly shocking couple of months will mean that we will be anything less than a Championship team at that point. Are there really going to be that many people who don't know if they want a ticket until July and then book it then?

If you want a ST then you will surely have the money available (or a credit card to use) so I'm not sure why this really matters so much.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2011 18:48

My car tax isn't due until May, but I know I'm going to be renewing it, so might as well send the money over now then. :roll:

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 14 Feb 2011 18:52

Beware of the robbing monkeys ..... if this was a business that you received details of via an email then everyone would scream SCAM !!!!!!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Feb 2011 18:54

oh shit that's a point, tax and MOT the month after :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Feb 2011 19:00

Royal Lady My car tax isn't due until May, but I know I'm going to be renewing it, so might as well send the money over now then. :roll:

But if the DVLA moved their tax window you would renew it then wouldn't you?

The club needs money from renewals, it has no income at all during the summer (well greatly reduced) so it makes perfect sense to look to get the bulk of that in to keep the finances ticking over the close period. Maybe they've seen that a large number of people renew early and decided it makes sense to have the deadlines in line with that?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2011 19:06

More likely, this shows that the club have absolutely no intention, or think we have no hope, of getting to the play-offs and beyond and that they want to sign up us mugs by end of April, before we sell off a load of our better players and end up with a painter and decorator from Eastleigh holding our front line! If they waited until June, like they used to, we may have already sold Kebe, Long, Feds or whoever and people won't want to commit to a whole season on the back of that. Possibly.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Feb 2011 19:22

Royal Monk Beware of the robbing monkeys ..... if this was a business that you received details of via an email then everyone would scream SCAM !!!!!!

Where's the robbing?

Nice one strandeders, an island of calm in a sea of LOLz

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 14 Feb 2011 19:43

Stranded
Royal Lady My car tax isn't due until May, but I know I'm going to be renewing it, so might as well send the money over now then. :roll:

But if the DVLA moved their tax window you would renew it then wouldn't you?

The club needs money from renewals, it has no income at all during the summer (well greatly reduced) so it makes perfect sense to look to get the bulk of that in to keep the finances ticking over the close period. Maybe they've seen that a large number of people renew early and decided it makes sense to have the deadlines in line with that?

And/or (re the instalment scheme) to be able to say to the bank we will have £x coming in on the following dates.

605 posts