Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by STAR Liaison » 17 Feb 2011 15:11

Sorry for the silence from STAR but as Dirk implied I am the only one on here who has a STAR moniker now and my work does not mean I am constantly on the internet so it is a bit hit and miss.

This was not mentioned at the part of the last management meeting we attended - I suspect it was on the agenda after we left - so it was as much a surprise to me as it was to everyone else.

I took time to respond as I consulted the rest of the STAR Board to see if anyone else had been 'in the know' and so far have not heard from everyone so will be doing some talking at the game on Saturday. That is to supporters, Board members and I hope to RFC people to understand why they see the necessity to release the seats so early.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Feb 2011 15:50

I would urge everyone to email customerservice and memberservices to complain.

We'll all probably get the same naff standard response, but it will be the volume of complaints that will get the managements attention.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 17 Feb 2011 16:06

PieEater I would urge everyone to email customerservice and memberservices to complain.

We'll all probably get the same naff standard response, but it will be the volume of complaints that will get the managements attention.

^this

Was going to post the exact same thing.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Feb 2011 16:25

I wrote to Sir John Madjeski earlier this week about the season ticket early renewals and got this standard response from the muppets at the club not even a personal reply.

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to write to us with your thoughts on the season ticket renewal period.

Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success, however, the Club have ensured that they are providing Season Ticket holders with 11 weeks’ notice and a finance option.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyal support and to assure you that all feedback is duly recorded and reviewed regularly by our senior management team.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Feb 2011 16:37

Since they've gone to all that bother to concoct a standard reply, you'd think at least it would a good one. All that one does is say we're greedy, take up some finance if you don't like it.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Feb 2011 17:00

I have responded back to the standard letter response as i want the club to reconsider the position.

They have until April to announce an extended period for renewals as no one will renew until then unless they are mad!!

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 17 Feb 2011 17:06

Researching other clubs...? Who have they been talking to. We are the only club offering season tickets at the moment for next year! Anyone contacted FSF?

Tilehurst Exile II

by Tilehurst Exile II » 17 Feb 2011 17:33

Having had a bit of a think about this, you wonder who made this decision at the club, considering from next month going into April, the Olympic tickets go on sale. So come the end of April, will it be my season ticket (with no idea what players will be left for next season), or a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the greatest show on Earth?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 17:38

Enclosed with my letter to The Board of Directors is the email from "customer service" with the same standard response - requesting a PROPER response this time.

In fact, here is my letter - I don't care if people think it's over the top, not worthwhile or whatever, at least I've done something about it, instead of just moaning!!

I write in reference to the recent announcement on the official website that all Season Tickets must be purchased by 28 April 2011 in order to secure existing Season Ticket seats.

I emailed your Customer Service Department and a Paul Collins replied with a standard reply (I know this, as someone else who also queried this received the same email) which did not in any way address my queries or my points. Therefore, I am having to write to you and I would be grateful if one of you would respond, personally, so that I know that you are fully aware of how many of the fans feel at this current time.

I attach a copy of my email and the reply received.

The main point, which I feel you should understand and be aware of, is that suddenly deciding to ask fans to renew their Season Tickets by end of April, when in the past it has been nearer to the first week in June, is that no prior warning was given, some people are still paying off THIS year’s season ticket and the fact that when you have a number of season tickets to renew, it means you have to find a lot of money a lot quicker than you had planned – particularly in these current dire economic times.

The email I received said that “Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success, however, the Club have ensured that they are providing Season Ticket holders with 11 weeks’ notice and a finance option.” The “success” of which you speak is the success in getting more people to sign up for Season Tickets! I would be interested to know what type of research you have conducted to arrive at this conclusion. You may well have provided us with 11 weeks’ notice; however, the finance option is either over 4 months (with a £15 administration fee, thus negating any “savings” you may like to advertise) or over 9 months (with an APR of 19.9%).

It is interesting to note that a number of clubs, including Hull and Norwich City, have a 12 month rolling direct debit scheme – with a proviso that fans must have a season ticket for at least one season. This would have made life a lot easier for many RFC fans at this current time also.

If people bought last year’s Season Tickets on a credit card, they may well still be paying them off. If the main reason for making us pay earlier is to find out how much disposable income you will have from Season Ticket sales, why, as I asked in my original email, could you not ask for a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat with the balance to be paid in early June, as usual.

You will forgive us long-standing fans for feeling like we have a gun held to our heads in order to secure seats which many of us have held since the stadium opened. You may also forgive some of us for being very sceptical as to the reason you are so desperate to obtain our money so much earlier this year. I do hope it is not because you plan to sell off some of our better players and the chances are they may go at the very beginning of the transfer window. If this happened and people had not already renewed, there would, of course, be the chance that the uptake on renewals would be a lot less.

I can only speak for those season ticket holders whom I have discussed this with and the majority appear to feel as I do. I would be very interested to know how many extra renewals you secure for next season as a result of everyone having to pay earlier.

We are your customers. Without us, as I am sure you do not need reminding, there would be no football club. If season ticket holders vote with their feet because they feel they are being treated rather shoddily by the club, I hope you will bear this is in mind for the future.

It was pleasing to see that “Importantly, a newly designed entry card will be given exclusively to all 2011/12 season ticket holders, recognising the loyal support our ST holders give to us every single week" but I am sure I am not alone in saying that I really could not care less what my entry card looks like and I really do not consider that to be an important factor in deciding, firstly, whether to renew my season ticket by the end of April and, secondly, whether to renew it at all.

I have no doubt that I will receive a “thank you for your interest” letter, signed by a secretary and that neither Mr Madejski, Mr Howe or Mr Stabler will have sight of this letter, however, if that proves to be the case, that is further to the detriment of the club and the way it treats its fans. For a club that appears to win “Family Club” awards and wants to be seen welcoming women to the club, you are undoing all the good work you have been rewarded for.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 17 Feb 2011 17:54

I would suggest starting sentences with "However", rather than having it appear in the middle of sentences.

I hope that you wrote it in green ink.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Feb 2011 17:57

That's an excellent letter RL - though you contradict yourself about the new member cards "pleasing/could not care less". But as you say, nitpicking.

The reply will be interesting

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 18:22

I was being sarcastic in that last bit - it will obviously go over their heads too! :oops:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Feb 2011 18:31

At least you did it tho, however, (I just wanted stick that in the middle somewhere.)

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 17 Feb 2011 18:32

Well done RL....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 18:36

There will probably be a load of "spotters" amongst the stewards looking out for me now - and I'll get a banning order - but I did it for you guys! Remember that! :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Feb 2011 18:57

Research and experience from other Clubs has indicated that selling Season Tickets earlier maximises chances of success

LOL, success on the pitch? B*llocks, you'll only sell more players and replace them with window cleaners from Eastleigh.

R£ading FC - not giving a damn about supporters since 1998.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Feb 2011 19:29

Admirable letter there RL

Fortunately, non of which applies to me this year....

I fortfeited the right to my seat (of nearly 10 years) at the end of last season,

Basically....(because of shift work/f11ck-ar5e Sky TV fixture changes/cheap club deals and subsequently missing too many pre-paid-for games etc etc).....it has become more financially viable to pay and turn-up whenever I can.

Trivial in the grand scheme of things, tho' it is

I was a little p1ssed that there was no personal follow-up from the club (asking why I wasn't renewing my ST)...................Our "family club" is rapidly becoming a club ran by faceless businessmen wanting their returns right now and at any cost (as long as it meets their own personal criteria/targets).

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing some of the response that they offer to you RL & Co.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Feb 2011 20:13

biscuitman Researching other clubs...? Who have they been talking to. We are the only club offering season tickets at the moment for next year! Anyone contacted FSF?

THese clubs have announced next seasons season tickets before we did:

Coventry
Leeds
Doncaster
Cardiff (prices frozen until 2015)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Feb 2011 20:37

PieEater I would urge everyone to email customerservice and memberservices to complain.

What about those of us who don't want to complain?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Feb 2011 20:54

Bandini I would suggest starting sentences with "However", rather than having it appear in the middle of sentences.

I hope that you wrote it in green ink.

Nothing wrong at all with 'however' in the middle of a sentence. The sentence, however, was rather long.

Old school tuition said that you didn't start a sentence with 'however', if I remember correctly.

Wycombe Royal
biscuitman Researching other clubs...? Who have they been talking to. We are the only club offering season tickets at the moment for next year! Anyone contacted FSF?

THese clubs have announced next seasons season tickets before we did:

Coventry
Leeds
Doncaster
Cardiff (prices frozen until 2015)

Cue hysterical screams of 'sheer madness on the part of Cardiff' from those who believe in 'The Madejski Way'.

Decent players, Premier League football and frozen ticket prices - all the ill-gotten gains of financial lunacy or ambitious investment.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 17 Feb 2011 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

605 posts