Cardiff punishment

178 posts
Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cardiff punishment

by Sarah Star » 18 Mar 2011 17:52

I was thinking about this last night because our FA are the same in a different way. Cardiff are big fish in a small pond and the FAW probably want to help them get into the Premier League. But you often hear of the big teams in the Premier League getting away with things or having reduced fines/red cards overturned far more than lesser teams - particularly before big matches. So maybe it isn't a level playing field under the English FA either.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Mar 2011 20:08

Sarah Star I was thinking about this last night because our FA are the same in a different way. Cardiff are big fish in a small pond and the FAW probably want to help them get into the Premier League. But you often hear of the big teams in the Premier League getting away with things or having reduced fines/red cards overturned far more than lesser teams - particularly before big matches. So maybe it isn't a level playing field under the English FA either.

I have a really radical idea.

FAIRNESS.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 18 Mar 2011 21:55

It surely can't be a coincidence that Wales play England next week in Euro qualifier. Heaven forbid that Bellamy wasn't available due to a ban. Or is that just conspiracy theorising?

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 21 Mar 2011 03:04

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 21 Mar 2011 06:21

West Stand Man It surely can't be a coincidence that Wales play England next week in Euro qualifier. Heaven forbid that Bellamy wasn't available due to a ban. Or is that just conspiracy theorising?

I think you'll find domestiic bans do not affect International games.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 21 Mar 2011 06:22

And what is wrong with the clock on this board. I posted that message at 0.53 am and is shows as 07:21

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 21 Mar 2011 17:54

bagman Sorry but its 3 - Wrexham.

It's 2. Wrexham are no longer a league club.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Mar 2011 18:35

East Grinstead Royal

Nope - its still 3. Wrexham are in the Blue Square Premier Leaugue, which is an FA registered League.

If they had gone into the League of Wales when getting relegated, you would have been right.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Mar 2011 18:52

Mr Angry
East Grinstead Royal

Nope - its still 3. Wrexham are in the Blue Square Premier Leaugue, which is an FA registered League.

If they had gone into the League of Wales when getting relegated, you would have been right.

Nope, it's 4. The reformed Newport County play in the Conference National level.

The FAW did try legal moves to get them to join the Welsh leaguers, but failed.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Mar 2011 19:09

In fact, according to the FAW, it's 6!

The Compliance Department is also responsible for processing disciplinary matters concerning Cardiff City FC, Swansea City FC, Wrexham FC, Colwyn Bay FC, Merthyr Town FC and Newport County FC who all play within the English pyramid system.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Mar 2011 19:15

Let's see what the English FA do should both swansea and cardiff get into the prem. I predict a return to the culture of the 70s and still the English FA will do nothing.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 22 Mar 2011 17:07

Utter, utter Welsh c*nts.

If they want to be governed by the Welsh FA, f*ck off an play in the Welsh leagues. Scum the lot of 'em.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Mar 2011 17:11

As much as I agree we shouldn't let them in the league, and if we do they should be governed by the same body and the same processes, I do think Dave Jones comments are pretty spot on.

We over stepped the mark (again) and got done for it. They got done for their part too, albeit with less financial penalty because they haven't got a recent history of similar behaviour or a suspended sentence hanging over their head.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Mar 2011 17:35

Although the comments about their players not being involved in anything ban worthy are obviously wide of the mark, as can be seen from the Bellamy photo.

Although technically he isn't their player so...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Mar 2011 17:35

Hugo Boss If they want to be governed by the Welsh FA, f*ck off an play in the Welsh leagues. Scum the lot of 'em.

They don't.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 22 Mar 2011 17:47

Hoop Blah As much as I agree we shouldn't let them in the league, and if we do they should be governed by the same body and the same processes, I do think Dave Jones comments are pretty spot on.

We over stepped the mark (again) and got done for it. They got done for their part too, albeit with less financial penalty because they haven't got a recent history of similar behaviour or a suspended sentence hanging over their head.

I don't agree that Jones got it spot on. If you deduct the suspended fine, we were still fined vastly more than them. Jones says that what Brian didn't know was that Cardiff had video of the incident in the tunnel. What I want to know is why that video was not available for Reading's hearing. It's not justice for one team to be tried using one set of evidence and the other to be tried using another set of evidence--for the same incident. :x

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Mar 2011 18:02

^ Exactly.

If Cardiff had no case to answer in the tunnel then neither did we seeing as the FA accepted that we weren't responsible for the "incident"

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Mar 2011 02:49

ZacNaloen ^ Exactly.

If Cardiff had no case to answer in the tunnel then neither did we seeing as the FA accepted that we weren't responsible for the "incident"

We were found guilty and fined a sum for it. I don't agree they accepted we weren't responsible as I've not seen anything to suggest that's the case (happy to be proved wrong on that of course).

If the club don't provide evidence I don't see how we can blame either the FA or FAW for that.

As for the Bellamy photo, that was from the on-pitch scuffle which even we accepted we started and the FAW agreed and went along with the defence that Cardiff players were just reacting and defending themselves from RFC players aggression.

The fines reflect the level of involvement I guess. Ours were increased by our poor recent history. I still don't see much to get our knickers in a twist over.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 23 Mar 2011 03:09

Surely one of the key differences is that Cardiff chose to fight their case and evidence it whilst we chose not to.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2011 03:13

Weren't Cardiff fined £5k? Which was the same as our suspended fine right... for basically the same thing? We then get a £5k fine for this time on top of the suspended for last time, plus £15k on top for it being a second offence.

The comparative level of punishment I have no problem with, it's whether the right decision was made about guilt for the offences.

178 posts