Sheffield Utd (H) (Chris Armstrong day)

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sheffield Utd (H) (Chris Armstrong day)

by rhroyal » 25 Apr 2011 12:47

blade 1 You really do seem to have the measure of us.

We've not had many results since you came up to the champ in 01/02?

Be nice if you could give us one today as you will almost certainly stay in the play offs.

You beat us at ours in 08/09, then did the double over us last season before mugging us of a win at yours this season. The tide appears to have turned a little.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2011 12:58

rhroyal
blade 1 You really do seem to have the measure of us.

We've not had many results since you came up to the champ in 01/02?

Be nice if you could give us one today as you will almost certainly stay in the play offs.

You beat us at ours in 08/09, then did the double over us last season before mugging us of a win at yours this season. The tide appears to have turned a little.

Warnock's left. The imbalance he created is being addressed now. This is a good chance for a final win for a while.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 25 Apr 2011 13:02

well the blades have suffered and been in a lot of pain, its now time to put them down. come on urzzzzzzzzzzzzz reading 5 - 1 Sheffield United

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2011 13:17

blade 1 Stretch should get a massive ovation from both sets of fans.

Great player for us. (and from what i understand from viewing here was excellent for you - i told you he would be when he signed)

Such a shame he has been forced to retire especially after fighting back from a horrific knee injury a few years ago. Seemed like a nice lad as well compared to some of the other scum earning their living playing football.

Selling the likes of armstrong and replacing him with players like naiysmith on 20-30k per week has left united where we currently stand.

3-1 to reading tommorrow.

Expect to see some rank bad goalkeeping from simmonsen (no command of his area)

and shane long to bend collins (worst defender i have ever seen) over and enter him repeatedly.

And darius henderson to miss an open goal from three inches out and then get sent off (probably.)

EDIT - as mentioned above, its amazing how close we have been in recent years. You should be grateful that you have a chairman that is still interested in your club and hasn't stripped it of any and every saleable asset and replaced them with a string of crap over the hill loan signings and oxygen thiefs.

Two months ago this is EXACTLY the perception some locals would have had of SJM.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 25 Apr 2011 13:31

Franchise FC
blade 1 Stretch should get a massive ovation from both sets of fans.

Great player for us. (and from what i understand from viewing here was excellent for you - i told you he would be when he signed)

Such a shame he has been forced to retire especially after fighting back from a horrific knee injury a few years ago. Seemed like a nice lad as well compared to some of the other scum earning their living playing football.

Selling the likes of armstrong and replacing him with players like naiysmith on 20-30k per week has left united where we currently stand.

3-1 to reading tommorrow.

Expect to see some rank bad goalkeeping from simmonsen (no command of his area)

and shane long to bend collins (worst defender i have ever seen) over and enter him repeatedly.

And darius henderson to miss an open goal from three inches out and then get sent off (probably.)

EDIT - as mentioned above, its amazing how close we have been in recent years. You should be grateful that you have a chairman that is still interested in your club and hasn't stripped it of any and every saleable asset and replaced them with a string of crap over the hill loan signings and oxygen thiefs.

Two months ago this is EXACTLY the perception some locals would have had of SJM.

I suppose results make all the difference.

At least JM appears to have picked the right man for the job.

Brian Robson
Sacking blackwell after 2 game of this season
Gary speed
and now micky adams

have all been terrible decisions. Although the law of averages suggests he might get the next one right.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 25 Apr 2011 13:33

1-1. Desperation trumps confidence. The second of three successive draws eliciting sarcastic jeers from the usual suspects.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 25 Apr 2011 14:03

Same team as Leeds. No kebe. 1-1.

muzza

by muzza » 25 Apr 2011 14:09

The Prisoner Same team as Leeds. No kebe. 1-1.

You know that for sure no kebe? Was going to have a flutter on him to score!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Apr 2011 14:12

muzza

It's his prediction. Kebe has a fitness test though, so we could well be without him. I'd be happier resting him today tbh. We're nothing in then play-offs without him.

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 25 Apr 2011 14:15

roadrunner
muzza

It's his prediction. Kebe has a fitness test though, so we could well be without him. I'd be happier resting him today tbh. We're nothing in then play-offs without him.

No its not a prediction, he isn't playing as the teams were announced about 20mins ago.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Apr 2011 14:22

No Kebe?

I see it being Reading 2 - 1 Sheffield Utd.

Unfortunately for me I had scheduled a routine visit to the doctor for later this morning (for me), so I'll miss out on following the 2nd half live. :(

Ironically it is to follow up to see how well a new blood pressure med he prescribed for me is working...maybe I shouldn't follow the first half then. The team can really raise one's blood pressure at times. :shock: :D

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 25 Apr 2011 14:31

roadrunner
muzza

Soz. Logged off. Should have mentioned it was an official text for no kebe. Will start the thousand hail marys now.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 25 Apr 2011 18:38

roadrunner
oldebiscuit
blade 1 Stretch should get a massive ovation from both sets of fans

We have got a fantastic Chairman but sadly he has a lot of critics, most of whom struggle to earn the average wage but seem to think they can run a multi-million pound football club.
I liked Neil warnock as a manager. OK, he came over as a bit of a twat but he wore his heart on his sleeve, a football character, something the game lacks. But wasn't he hounded out of Brammell Lane by the hordes? Thought he did a good job myself. Also liked Paddy Kenny, always a cheeky wry smile and a few sneaky tricks up his sleeve.
Chris will get a good reception from me. One of those quiet players that did a good job, and he had 'big boots' to fill after Murty. I liked him.

After Shorey!!! :roll:

Your a bit behind there roadrunner. The mistake has already been pointed out and apologies made. Where have you been?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2011 19:08

oldebiscuit
AthleticoSpizz and smaller boots to actually fill with Shorey

otherwise agree Olde

You've got to understand AthleticoSpizz that i am the sort of guy that when i had 'left & right stickers' stuck to the soles of my shoes at my wedding, i actually needed them!
Me too Olde

I had to think more than twice before unleashing my post :wink:

My ol'drill square days were a nightmare