Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
GreaterTorontoRoyal

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Play-off semis Fri/Tue LIVE on FS+

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 12 May 2011 03:44

For Canadians who have Setanta, the play offs are live at 2.45 Eastern on Friday and Tuesday.

redscot

by redscot » 12 May 2011 22:15

Dazed If you have a computer you should be able to watch it online

I have a computer, but a very slow connection. In the olden days, Iraqigoals provided the goods. These days there are so many to choose from, and most go black sometime during the match. So have to hoover around for a new connection. I have tried local pubs, but they do not show English football unless it is a big game. (I did stumble across a pub showing Reading-Anston Villa, but without sound... As the pub was nearly empty, I asked for the sound to be put on, but the manager refused....)

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 12 May 2011 23:00

For anyone in Sydney - Scruffy Murphy's have told me they'll be showing the game for anyone who can make it down that early. If I remember correct though, they stop serving alcohol for an hour from 6am

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 12 May 2011 23:51

Since we've turned a page, let's have that again, and all in one place...

UPCOMING MATCHES OF IMPORTANCE TO SCREEN IN THE U.S.

FRIDAY 13th MAY
2:45 PM Reading v. Cardiff City, semifinal first leg (live; repeats from 8:00 PM)

SATURDAY 14th MAY
4:00 AM Reading v. Cardiff repeats on FS+
10:00 AM FA Cup Final Manchester City v. Stoke City (live on Fox Soccer Channel; repeats from midnite/9:00 West Coast and at other times)
10:00 AM Reading v. Cardiff repeats on FS+

MONDAY 16th MAY
2:45 PM Swansea City v. Nottingham Forest, semifinal second leg (live; repeats from 8:00 PM)

TUESDAY 17th MAY
2:45 PM Cardiff City v. Reading, semifinal second leg (live; repeats from 8:00 PM)

WEDNESDAY 18th MAY
6:00 AM Cardiff v. Reading repeats on FS+
2:45 PM UEFA Europa League Final Porto v. Braga **Still don't know :roll: ; may be live exclusively on DirecTV with a next-day repeat on GolTV --check guides/check back here

SATURDAY 28th MAY
2:45 PM UEFA Champions League Final (live on local Fox network affiliates; easy peasy, consult guides, it's treated like the Super Bowl or World Cup final over here anymore)

MONDAY 30th MAY --Memorial Day in the U.S.; Spring Bank Holiday in England and Wales
10:00 AM Football League Championship promotion play-off final (KO time unconfirmed, but past is likely precedent)

IN CANADA

Setanta will screen the home and away legs live from 2:45 PM Eastern

IN AUSTRALIA

Home leg: Reading v. Cardiff
502 FOX SPORTS 2
Starts: Sat 14 May, 4:30 am

I know nothing about streams of any of the preceding and would urge the curious to do their own google-ing, etc

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 May 2011 17:45

Did anyone record the match yesterday and would be willing to put it on DVD or video tape for me?

I don't have Fox Soccer Plus, so I got to watch it on a stream, but would love to have it to watch over and over again. :-)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 May 2011 18:35

seahawk10 Did anyone record the match yesterday and would be willing to put it on DVD or video tape for me?

I don't have Fox Soccer Plus, so I got to watch it on a stream, but would love to have it to watch over and over again. :-)

I can record the highlights from Sky Sports and send them to you via this site.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 May 2011 18:38

LoyalRoyalFan
seahawk10 Did anyone record the match yesterday and would be willing to put it on DVD or video tape for me?

Thank you, I have a Reading Player subscription and access to the highlights (and full game) there. But at some point they will pull it down. I just want something to re-watch in a few months or years. So I am looking for someone state side to put it on tape or DVD so I can put it in my library.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 May 2011 18:39

seahawk10
LoyalRoyalFan

Thank you, I have a Reading Player subscription and access to the highlights (and full game) there. But at some point they will pull it down. I just want something to re-watch in a few months or years. So I am looking for someone state side to put it on tape or DVD so I can put it in my library.

Once I download them I'll send it to you via PM.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Promo PO Final 30th May LIVE on FS+

by Ark Royal » 18 May 2011 22:02

According to FSC+ schedules, they are doing a rerun of Cardiff 2nd leg this Saturday 21st at 6:00 am EST.
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc//binary/2011/05/16/Week21-May11-FSPlus-Clean1305571143278.pdf

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Promo PO Final 30th May LIVE on FSC

by RoyalChicagoFC » 26 May 2011 15:15

Well kidz, a genuinely terrific piece of news has arrived...

Fox Soccer Channel will be screening the promotion play-off final live from Wembley on Monday morning 30th May, with kick-off set for 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. time

The Football League Show immediately precedes it and starts at 9:30 Eastern

This notification supersedes my earlier report/reasonable speculation to the effect that the match would screen on Fox Soccer Plus

FSC is easier to get than FS+ --many hotel room cable/satellite packages include it, whereas FS+ is a premium subscription channel; top news

For those with DirecTV, FSC is Channel 619 on the menus; all others are advised to consult guides

A same-day repeat screening of the match is scheduled for FSC from 11:00 PM Eastern (8:00 on the West Coast), which is right after the nightly Fox Soccer Report that begins at 10:00 and which should have all the highlights from Wembley

Just for the record, Fox Soccer Plus have plans to screen it on Monday from 3:00 and 9:00 PM and on Tuesday from 4:00 AM and 5:00 PM (all times Eastern U.S.)

Please note that Monday is Memorial Day in the U.S., and kick-off arrives before noon, so anyone planning to head out to watch would do well to see if a place is going to be open for business, etc; with the match on FSC instead of FS+, I now know that won't have to leave the house

Also please note that before then, the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final is set to screen live on local Fox network affiliates --this is easy to find, as there are Fox network affiliates everywhere, any hotel room TV would have it, and nothing special will be required; kick-off is set for 2:45 PM Eastern time this coming Saturday 28th May

There will be lengthy pre- and post-match segments on local Fox affiliates, and FSC will begin its coverage at 1:00 PM Eastern and continue on after the regular broadcast ends on Fox; the match then will screen in full from 8:00 PM Eastern on FSC --we've got it covered over this side, folks

I know nothing about streams of either of the preceding and would urge the curious to do their own google-ing, etc

May our guys do themselves and all of us proud, and may my next post to this thread speak of their next match to screen on FSC come August of this year

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 26 May 2011 18:27

RoyalChicagoFC Well kidz, a genuinely terrific piece of news has arrived...

Fox Soccer Channel will be screening the promotion play-off final live from Wembley on Monday morning 30th May, with kick-off set for 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. time

That IS great news - I've been patrolling the FSC / FSC+ websites, as up to now they had not indicated they would be showing it live. I even pestered them with email, which they summarily ignored of course.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 26 May 2011 18:45

This guy over @ BigS*ccer had it on Sunday, it would appear :shock:

FSC's .pdf pages still didn't have it listed when I posted this morning, but the regular schedule page did

LiveSoccerTV's listings concurred

DirecTV.com's "The Guide" confirmed

Then I checked over on BigS*ccer.com, at which point I decided to run with it

Why this problem with timely and accurate notific8ion by official sources of U.S. TV audiences persists is beyond me, but it does p1ss me off

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 26 May 2011 22:03

FYI, FSC in NYC on Verizon FIOS is channel 84 (584 for high def), but you already knew that if you live here. :)

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 28 May 2011 23:52

Trying to find somewhere to watch it in New Orleans was proving fruitless. Good to know it's on FSC and not Plus now. Might have a chance!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 May 2011 00:02

dantheloyalroyal Trying to find somewhere to watch it in New Orleans was proving fruitless. Good to know it's on FSC and not Plus now. Might have a chance!

Just bear in mind it's a national holiday dan --Remembrance, yankeedoodle-stylee (if you weren't already fully aware of these things)

A lot of hotel cable/sat packages will have it, and any sportsy-type bar open at 9 AM N.O. time should do but wise to check if possible and have backup alternatives

Quick note for all: FSC has the hour between noon and 1:00 PM on Monday blocked for Sky Sports News (live of course; that'd be from the top of the hour after full time if it matters are settled after 90 minutes); full highlights, interviews, reaction, etc

So those setting vid recorders may want to do a 3-hour block and perhaps add the Football League Show in the half-hour preceding KO

I'll re-post this on Sunday and include listings of repeat screenings added for later in the coming week on FS+

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 May 2011 00:21

Where you watching, g?

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 29 May 2011 16:37

1TeamInBerksRFC
RoyalChicagoFC
dantheloyalroyal Trying to find somewhere to watch it in New Orleans was proving fruitless. Good to know it's on FSC and not Plus now. Might have a chance!

Just bear in mind it's a national holiday dan --Remembrance, yankeedoodle-stylee (if you weren't already fully aware of these things)

A lot of hotel cable/sat packages will have it, and any sportsy-type bar open at 9 AM N.O. time should do but wise to check if possible and have backup alternatives

Quick note for all: FSC has the hour between noon and 1:00 PM on Monday blocked for Sky Sports News (live of course; that'd be from the top of the hour after full time if it matters are settled after 90 minutes); full highlights, interviews, reaction, etc

So those setting vid recorders may want to do a 3-hour block and perhaps add the Football League Show in the half-hour preceding KO

I'll re-post this on Sunday and include listings of repeat screenings added for later in the coming week on FS+

you no reading fan fella just a arm chair fan
Thanks for the info RCFC. Kinda hard not to notice that it's memorial day tomorrow! Yanks are going crazy about it. Doing one final swoop around the bars today to find somewhere to watch it.

Just wondering who the armchair fan is? :|

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 May 2011 18:01

As Son of Sam was getting secret messages from the barking of a neighbour's dog, it's just g channelling Baba Booey

See next page for full TV sked inc. repeat screenings, highlights, England next weekend, etc :arrow:
Last edited by RoyalChicagoFC on 30 May 2011 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 29 May 2011 23:14

For any other Aussies, we've got it on Fox Sports 1 from 11:50pm to 2:30am...but here's hoping for a result after 90 minutes...

Maria Kr.

by Maria Kr. » 30 May 2011 00:51

You know something I just realized while at a football match here in Iceland earlier? (it was a snoozefest so my mind wandered on to the excitement of tomorrow)

The game will be live on TV here as I knew, but what I had not realized until tonight was that Gylfi is here training with the U21s for the Euros. The ONLY thing that could make me not hunt for a stream of the UK broadcast of the final would be if the channel that's airing it got Gylfi to do commentary. At least some kind of HT/FT commentary surely. If ever there was a time for it, it is now.

But knowing the network's poor form thus far for non Prem stuff I'm not holding my breath. Listening to their announcers try to feign preparation on us for any of the Reading games I've been lucky enough to see on TV since we went down (mostly our cup runs) is not a good sign. Most jarring is how horriby they tend to mispronounce player's names.

630 posts