Final tickets

1424 posts
Seal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Final tickets

by Seal » 18 May 2011 08:35

The new Wembley does of course not have the magic of the old one, but one having been there a fair few times one thing you don't have to worry too much about is your view. If you're right up in the gods you have the benefit of really being able to analyse the match; if you're down near the front you are really close to the action. If you're in the middle the prawn sandwiches are excellent.

So not worried about views or cost, as per posters above I just want to be around other fans who want to stand and sing. Normally that tends to be those in the lower tier behind the goal and spreading round to the corner flags. Would be great if STAR or someone could ask the club to designate a 'singing' area. Always the most anticlimactic thing about these occasions is when you look around and you just know that no one around you is going to sing, as you look enviously on at another area of the ground.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 18 May 2011 08:41

Seal So not worried about views or cost, as per posters above I just want to be around other fans who want to stand and sing. Normally that tends to be those in the lower tier behind the goal and spreading round to the corner flags. Would be great if STAR or someone could ask the club to designate a 'singing' area. Always the most anticlimactic thing about these occasions is when you look around and you just know that no one around you is going to sing, as you look enviously on at another area of the ground.

'greed Sealers. Cardiff in 2001 was really shit were I was sat with zero atmosphere. Best you can hope for is to try to get a number of seats together with other m8s. Is there going to be any way to get seats together with linked STs or member cards?

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 May 2011 08:46

Seal The new Wembley does of course not have the magic of the old one, but one having been there a fair few times one thing you don't have to worry too much about is your view. If you're right up in the gods you have the benefit of really being able to analyse the match; if you're down near the front you are really close to the action. If you're in the middle the prawn sandwiches are excellent.

So not worried about views or cost, as per posters above I just want to be around other fans who want to stand and sing. Normally that tends to be those in the lower tier behind the goal and spreading round to the corner flags. Would be great if STAR or someone could ask the club to designate a 'singing' area. Always the most anticlimactic thing about these occasions is when you look around and you just know that no one around you is going to sing, as you look enviously on at another area of the ground.

+1.

Also 2 tickets per STH = result; solves a problem as mine are shared among the family and so we can all go and sit together.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 18 May 2011 08:48

Yeah that's a big question and a real dilemma. My group have the challenge of a combo of season ticket holders and members (which I sure is the case for many people).

If we can pair up e.g. 4 season ticket holders get tickets for 4 others that will work, but as you say, no idea if you'll be able to book 8 seats in a row in one transaction (through linked membership no.s). Here's hoping! I assume you must be able to as I can't imagine they will sell tickets in just blocks of 1s and 2s.

EDIT. Hmmm I take it back. This is going to be a nightmare! The fair weathers are all coming out of the woodwork now! Had about 8 emails this morning from mates up for coming. Going to have to do some serious rounding up of member cards! However a major imbalance between members cards and season ticket holders so the +1 idea will not work!

Nice problem to have I guess!

Going to prioritise ticket ordering based on the last time they went to a Reading match! Even got mates are are Chelsea and Villa fans up for getting involved. BACK OF THE QUEUE BOYS!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 18 May 2011 09:03

Before yesterday there were reasons not to go for me, the Wembley prices (which someone had posted for me on another forum at the weekend) for a televised game, plus i'm already going to Wembley for the England game the following weekend. But after last night my heart is overuling my head, im up for this! That said, looks like for a non STH Cat 5 is out of the question and Cat 4 may be too, so looks like at least £64. Hmm :|

When they go on sale to member card holders at the weekend is it dependant on Royalty points? The official site suggests its first come first served.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:05

Seal but as you say, no idea if you'll be able to book 8 seats in a row in one transaction (through linked membership no.s). Here's hoping! I assume you must be able to as I can't imagine they will sell tickets in just blocks of 1s and 2s.

I see absolutely no reason why you couldn't book a massive batch in one go - you can do it for away tickets in the regular season (points dependent of course). The Wembley allocation is obviously far greater than any away game and there are no points restrictions.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 May 2011 09:10

I know this will sound trite, but I'm a little hacked off (if understanding) that RFC are holding ALL their Cat 5 tix for their Corporate Partners; do that many people from Waitrose REALLY want to go to the game???

After the PO at the Millenium (where I had rubbish seats) I promised myself I'd get the best seats available next time we got to the final; hey ho - Cat 4 it is then.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:11

Mr Angry After the PO at the Millenium (where I had rubbish seats) I promised myself I'd get the best seats available next time we got to the final; hey ho - Cat 4 it is then.

Weren't you near Skyline (and a few others) right up in the Gods?

I was 6 rows from the front of the upper tier which was handy.

TBF, it was all about the karaoke that weekend!

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 May 2011 09:22

So do you guys reckon a member card holder (a little over 300 points) has a reasonable chance of buying a ticket this weekend?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:25

Yep.

12K Season Tickets = Max of 24K tickets sold. Leaves 15K for Saturday (for member card holders).

Get down the TO Saturday and you'll have no problems.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 18 May 2011 09:28

Everyone who wants one will get a ticket.

Personally think I'm going to go for the back of the first tier in Cat 3. Think this is the best seat in the house and also best place to get an atmosphere started, everyone stood up under the over hang of the tier above.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 May 2011 09:29

Do we think "season ticket holders" include those who have aleready bought a season ticket for next season, but didn't have one for this season?

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 May 2011 09:30

T.R.O.L.I. Yep.

12K Season Tickets = Max of 24K tickets sold. Leaves 15K for Saturday (for member card holders).

Yeah I might do that. I live in London of course but got mates in Reading so could pop down for lunch.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 May 2011 09:33

Can I suggest that a "singing area" be blocks 132-135 - lower tier, centre behind the goal?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:33

The Goat was fed Do we think "season ticket holders" include those who have aleready bought a season ticket for next season, but didn't have one for this season?

Nope - next years ST's should still be "pending".

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:34

Svlad Cjelli Can I suggest that a "singing area" be blocks 132-135 - lower tier, centre behind the goal?

Can I suggest (respectively of course) that you have a chat with your contacts regarding this?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 09:34

Stuka
T.R.O.L.I. Yep.

Yeah I might do that. I live in London of course but got mates in Reading so could pop down for lunch.

Phone up then - will cost you a booking fee mind.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 May 2011 09:36

T.R.O.L.I.
Stuka
T.R.O.L.I. Yep.

Phone up then - will cost you a booking fee mind.

Booking fee probably less than train fare but can imagine phone lines will be jammed.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 May 2011 09:38

Every current season ticket and member card holder that wants a ticket will have opportunity to get one!

Might not get one in their preferred price range though

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 May 2011 09:39

The Goat was fed Do we think "season ticket holders" include those who have aleready bought a season ticket for next season, but didn't have one for this season?

No,they are not a 2010 / 2011 season ticket holders

1424 posts