Final tickets

1424 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Final tickets

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 May 2011 10:12

KC Royal Just been online to see if i get in, absolutely no problems at all! Cats 1 & 4 disappeared while I was on there and the only tickets left are for Cat 5 rows 25-27, ie crap seats so we're not doing that. Should have tried again last night but after everything yesterday morning and afternoon i'd had enough and felt depressed about the whole thing really. Not actually that fussed tbh, expected only a slim chance today or tomorrow and it feels like i've moved on from it all. Also means i can enjoy all the build up on TV and radio throughout the day.

Surely a "crap" seat is better than no seat at all? The TO will have some left I'm sure. Fact is there are still about 5-6k tickets left.

Not that fussed??! Bloody hell - I've been in bits since getting back from Cardiff on Tue. Can't think about anything else!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2011 10:22

voyager1 The Ticketzone system actually says not available until 9am Sunday.

If they can't handle high volumes during the day then surely it would make sense to have the system running during the night to spread the demand rather than creating a 9am bottle neck.

Why on earth do they need to shut it during the night - do they have to put the server to bed or something?

The horse driven North Devon electricity generators get shut off at 9.00pm!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 May 2011 10:26

I know someone who works in hospitality at Wembley. He says that there are no crap seats, just some aren't as good as the others. The view from anywhere is good.

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 22 May 2011 10:28

KC Royal Just been online to see if i get in, absolutely no problems at all! Cats 1 & 4 disappeared while I was on there and the only tickets left are for Cat 5 rows 25-27, ie crap seats so we're not doing that.

Just get any seat. You won't regret it.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2011 10:35

leicsRoyal
KC Royal Just been online to see if i get in, absolutely no problems at all! Cats 1 & 4 disappeared while I was on there and the only tickets left are for Cat 5 rows 25-27, ie crap seats so we're not doing that. Should have tried again last night but after everything yesterday morning and afternoon i'd had enough and felt depressed about the whole thing really. Not actually that fussed tbh, expected only a slim chance today or tomorrow and it feels like i've moved on from it all. Also means i can enjoy all the build up on TV and radio throughout the day.

if you're really not bothered then fair enough however the build up on the TV and Radio will never compare to the build up of being involved in the day yourself. Yesterday you had decided not to go as you couldn't get through online or on the phone, today you've decided not to go after you have got straight through online :| please get your tickets now, while you can get straight online and tickets are available, it will save you posting that you wanted to go but now they are sold out!

by the way, there are no crap seats at Wembley, some preffered maybe.

The comment about TV and radio was putting a positive spin on things.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2011 10:40

Previously someone assured us that TicketZone and the RFC TO would be exchanging data.

They clearly aren't doing a very good job of this as member cards used to buy tickets at the ticket office are still working on TicketZone!

In contrast TicketZone clearly states:

"As of Saturday 21st May 9am
Maximum purchase limit 2 per Season Ticket Holder or 1 ticket per member number -YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS OR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER TO PROCEED"

However, enter a season ticket holder number and you are told you can only buy one ticket!

What a sodding mess TicketZone is. :twisted:

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2011 10:40

MmmMonsterMunch

Surely a "crap" seat is better than no seat at all? The TO will have some left I'm sure. Fact is there are still about 5-6k tickets left.

Not that fussed??! Bloody hell - I've been in bits since getting back from Cardiff on Tue. Can't think about anything else!

Could have worded it differently, but I said that i was depressed yesterday. Just not prepared to focus on it too much and let it affect my day.

It all comes back to my original post in this thread.

KC Royal Before yesterday there were reasons not to go for me, the Wembley prices (which someone had posted for me on another forum at the weekend) for a televised game, plus i'm already going to Wembley for the England game the following weekend. But after last night my heart is overuling my head, im up for this! That said, looks like for a non STH Cat 5 is out of the question and Cat 4 may be too, so looks like at least £64. Hmm :|

The price doesn't bother me any more, but that was my original thinking.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 May 2011 10:44

Go on KC....get a ticket!

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 22 May 2011 11:00

Just tried my member number that wouldn't work yesterday (out of interest and all that) and it is fine today, but only offering me a £36 ticket!!!!! Glad I got mine yesterday really, but has everything sold out online?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2011 11:05

voyager1 No profanity on this earth is sufficient to describe TicketZone.

I tried many times this morning to book and I was either placed in a queue - despite already getting past the membership/surname page and then when I went to order tickets, it told me the seats were sold. I thought I'd wait until this evening and now its saying they're not available online.

If there are 8,000 tickets left then why on earth are they taken offline?

An internet site is supposed to be 24 hours.

It would seem that RFC and TicketZone should have been checking what each other was saying:

This from the OS:

"Purchases can be made as follows:
• In person at Madejski Stadium between 9am-7pm on Saturday 21st May and 9am-7pm on Sunday 22nd May.
• By phoning TicketZone on 0844 249 2011 between 9am-7pm on Saturday 21st May and 9am-7pm on Sunday 22nd May.
Continuously in the TicketZone online ticketing service http://www.ticketzone.co.uk/reading.cfm from 9am on Saturday 21st May to 7pm on Sunday 22nd May."

There have also been contradictions on the number of tickets that can be bought in one transaction on TicketZone.

TicketZone may be the preferred/recommended ticketing partner for Wembley but I can't see them becoming that for RFC!!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2011 11:25

Just got 2 tickets in 543 (was rows 21-24 that were available), just in the nick of time as it now says that online sales are not avaliable and to call the ticket hotline. May have put the same member number in twice by mistake, so i hope thats ok.

Going to try and forget all about it now, something else is bound to go wrong otherwise!
Last edited by KC Royal on 22 May 2011 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 May 2011 11:26

KC Royal Just got 2 tickets in 543, just in the nick of time as it now says that online sales are not avaliable and to call the ticket hotline. May have put the same member number in twice by mistake, so i hope thats ok.

Going to try and forget all about it now, something else is bound to go wrong otherwise!

:D

online sales have now been removed for both clubs.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 May 2011 11:28

Why does it say on the site then we have sold 18,000?

Thought it was close to 30k now?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2011 11:30

leicsRoyal
KC Royal Just got 2 tickets in 543, just in the nick of time as it now says that online sales are not avaliable and to call the ticket hotline. May have put the same member number in twice by mistake, so i hope thats ok.

:D

online sales have now been removed for both clubs.

So the TicketZone system finally implodes!

Surely, in theory, a computerised system should be far more efficient that selling on the phone!

loyalroyal4life Why does it say on the site then we have sold 18,000?

That's because the club seem to prefer Facebook to the OS nowadays!

That having been said, when I checked 30 minutes or so ago, Facebook hasn't been updated since late yesterday afternoon either.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 22 May 2011 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 May 2011 11:31

Which is a better place:

125 - with me and my friend sat next to each other
Or
137 - with my friend sat directly in front of me?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2011 11:36

loyalroyal4life Why does it say on the site then we have sold 18,000?

It hasn't been updated since Friday? Must admit i was expecting a new article within the last 24 hours.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 May 2011 11:36

bobby1413 Which is a better place:

Or

137 maybe a little more vocal but I imagine there will be a good racket all around the stadium.

link for seats below,

http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadiu ... urSeat#vfs

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 May 2011 11:57

KC Royal Just got 2 tickets in 543 (was rows 21-24 that were available), just in the nick of time as it now says that online sales are not avaliable and to call the ticket hotline. May have put the same member number in twice by mistake, so i hope thats ok.

Well done KC you know it makes sense!

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 22 May 2011 12:01

Or

Depends whether you need to hug or hit when stressed

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 May 2011 12:03

Or

Tickets confirmed 137!!! Yay

1424 posts