Final tickets

1424 posts
southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Final tickets

by southbank1871 » 24 May 2011 10:35

Hello coleyrocks!

Welcome to the board. I do hope you point out to Paul Collins that there really is no need for an apostrophe in 'queues'.

How is Coley these days? Has the Roundhead reopened yet as I heard some sad news that it had shut down?

waterlooville royal

by waterlooville royal » 24 May 2011 10:37

Got my tickets through today but double the amount! My wife like everybody else had the computer crash on her whilst going through one purchase and recieved no confirmation. Did it again and it worked fine. Today 2 recordeds with tickets all next to each other. Rung up ticket zone and they said send them back and would refund. Way they were on the phone i imagine theyve had this alot today! Could be alot of seats going back on resale or alot of empty seats come monday!!!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 May 2011 10:40

Were you annoyed because he called you dear?

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 24 May 2011 10:41

To be fair coleyrocks!, selling a pop concert ticket is very much different to selling reserved seating stadium tickets.

If you still hate Futcher

Re: Booking

by If you still hate Futcher » 24 May 2011 10:41

I have to say how totally useless the ticketzone site was

No direct link on the homepage so when it returned you there you had to put the url in again (ok bookmark)
Kept crashing out at the point of buying the tickets saying it was too busy
Finally did get tickets in block 551 only to be contacted by a (very nice is has to be said) woman from ticketzone yesterday saying that at the time I bought the tickets they were experiencing issues with their payment system and my tickets have been resold. I'm now in 529 block on the other side of the pitch - probably wouldn't have been such an issue to me if I hadn't already done the "the view from your seat" but at least I'll still be there

I thought this lot were meant to be an experienced ticketing agent

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 24 May 2011 10:47

Our tickets have arrived and according to hubbie are all correct - he had decided to stay up and wait for postie before going to bed this morning.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 24 May 2011 10:49

I spoke to Ticket Zone this morning and they have replaced (!) my booking!!

Tickets are being sent out today and tomorrow. They expect them to arrive by Saturday but they MUST be signed for as they are being sent by Registered Mail. If you are not in (postman calls at odd time between 9 and 5 and you are at work!) then a note will be put through your door. You will then need to go to the sorting office (Gillette Way for Reading I believe) to collect. For most people this will be Saturday morning. I have not found the opening hours but guess that they close at 12.30. Given the potential number of people collecting and my previous experiences of Royal Mail collections then this could be more fun and games!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 May 2011 10:50

I got a ticket on the centre spot.

I promised not to interfere with the game.

Happy days.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 24 May 2011 10:53

coleyrocks! Here is a copy of the email trail I exchanged with Reading FC over the weekend.

Interesting, I'm planning to write too. I phoned the RFC switchboard on the first day to make sure they recorded my complaint, and were on the case, but I've held off writing so as not to tempt fate ... until after our tickets actually turn up.

There are no doubt several issues to "blame" and counter-blame in terms of integration of the TZ system with the RFC membership data - someone else BHM (?) also highlighted that. Many possible sources of frustration, but TZ mustn't get off the hook with the fact that their system just couldn't handle errors whilst under not-very-high demand pressure - data and users are never perfect. As you also highlight the simplest failing was in communication - TZ could easily have kept their front-page and phone-line messages up to date, with little effort. Far from being a moan, or a blame game, these are things that can be fixed for future users. (All points you make.)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 May 2011 10:54

I honestly can't believe how much Joe Average finds to get into a panic about :lol:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 May 2011 10:54

Mr Irascible I spoke to Ticket Zone this morning and they have replaced (!) my booking!!

Tickets are being sent out today and tomorrow. They expect them to arrive by Saturday but they MUST be signed for as they are being sent by Registered Mail. If you are not in (postman calls at odd time between 9 and 5 and you are at work!) then a note will be put through your door. You will then need to go to the sorting office (Gillette Way for Reading I believe) to collect. For most people this will be Saturday morning. I have not found the opening hours but guess that they close at 12.30. Given the potential number of people collecting and my previous experiences of Royal Mail collections then this could be more fun and games!!

just on that point - when they redid my booking, they said that if worst comes to worst, you should be able to get them reprinted at wembley cos they cancel the first ones.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 May 2011 10:55

Got my tickets today. TZ sent my tickets and a set of tickets I tried to buy but didnt get a reference number or conf email just an error message.

As has been said their c/serv v good they said send them back and get a refund

coleyrocks!

by coleyrocks! » 24 May 2011 10:56

Hi Southbank 1871, yes Coley is still good and unfortunately you are correct the Roundhead has sadly departed. As a former player for the Roundhead and Cavaliers this is very sad indeed and a few of us thought an official wake wasn't out of the question. I have moved just a few miles outside of Reading now but my parents still live their so regularly go back. In actual fact I have booked a coach for 53 fans from the area / local football teams and we are all travelling up together. Come on Reading

Tails - You may be right but they still have stadium concerts where you go online and pick your specific row and seat so not sure what the difference is. I appreciate the tie in to Reading member data but as far as I am aware this was just a download of 50,000 or so member and season ticket numbers that would then have been copied into their database so we are not talking about millions of rows of data. Just under specified systems me thinks.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 24 May 2011 10:58

In case people have missed it elsewhere :

At the Tilehurst End we've put together a quick survey to get everyone's experiences on the ticket-buying process, to get some definitive data on how it all went. This will only take a minute to complete - so please help us by sharing your experiences if you bought tickets, whether you bought in person, by phone or on-line, and whether your experience was good or bad.

Relevant page explain the survey : http://thetilehurstend.co.uk/2011/05/24/play-off-final-tickets-how-was-it-for-you/

Direct link to survey : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RFCTix

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 24 May 2011 11:01

coleyrocks! Hi Southbank 1871, yes Coley is still good and unfortunately you are correct the Roundhead has sadly departed. As a former player for the Roundhead and Cavaliers this is very sad indeed and a few of us thought an official wake wasn't out of the question. I have moved just a few miles outside of Reading now but my parents still live their so regularly go back. In actual fact I have booked a coach for 53 fans from the area / local football teams and we are all travelling up together. Come on Reading

Gr8 news. My ex-gf lives in the flat we still own together in Coley. We don't really talk anymore.

Please come over to AE - we're always looking for new blood.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 24 May 2011 11:15

Mr Irascible Tickets are being sent out today and tomorrow. They expect them to arrive by Saturday but they MUST be signed for as they are being sent by Registered Mail. If you are not in (postman calls at odd time between 9 and 5 and you are at work!) then a note will be put through your door. You will then need to go to the sorting office (Gillette Way for Reading I believe) to collect.

Not necessarily; the card they put through your door will tell you. West Reading is served by the office at Loverock Road, for example.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 May 2011 11:18

Deadlock
Mr Irascible Tickets are being sent out today and tomorrow. They expect them to arrive by Saturday but they MUST be signed for as they are being sent by Registered Mail. If you are not in (postman calls at odd time between 9 and 5 and you are at work!) then a note will be put through your door. You will then need to go to the sorting office (Gillette Way for Reading I believe) to collect.

Not necessarily; the card they put through your door will tell you. West Reading is served by the office at Loverock Road, for example.

It's Life 1.01 on this thread, isn't it?

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 24 May 2011 11:52

Tickets arrived as ordered.
Just posted through door, Recorded delivery - ie not asked to sign for.

(Thanks to Jay at TicketZone customer services.)

thames valley ranger

by thames valley ranger » 24 May 2011 11:54

Took me just under 2 hours. I called up the 08 number on two different phones at 8.57am

I was placed straight into a queue and just sat there for around 1hr 45. All the while trying to book online with the same results as most of the error and crashing experience that have been common.

Eventually thought that there must be something wrong with the queing system as I wasn't making any progress. On a 3rd phone called up th 01 geographical office number and got through after a few attempts.

Booked myself and my Dad tickets in 137 row 14. So well happy in the end. Hopfully I will be going home to a recorded delivery slip through the door tonight! :P

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 May 2011 11:59

glenroyal Tickets arrived as ordered.
Just posted through door, Recorded delivery - ie not asked to sign for.

(Thanks to Jay at TicketZone customer services.)

Obviously your tickets never arrived...........right? ;)

1424 posts