Final tickets

1424 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Final tickets

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 09:09

Stuka
Mr Angry According to the OS, the tranche of tickets released yesterday are for "restricted view" seats; I thought that one of the purposes of spending £800M on a new National Stadium was that there wouldn't be any "restricted view" seats!

:shock:

Hey ho.

Obviously some seats are better than others but having variously sat in places throughout the new Wembley I can't say I'd describe any view as 'restricted'.

My thoughts exactly - I can't image where "restricted view" seats are - unless they're right up against some of the TV camera positions.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 May 2011 09:10

Svlad Cjelli
Stuka
Mr Angry According to the OS, the tranche of tickets released yesterday are for "restricted view" seats; I thought that one of the purposes of spending £800M on a new National Stadium was that there wouldn't be any "restricted view" seats!

Hey ho.

Obviously some seats are better than others but having variously sat in places throughout the new Wembley I can't say I'd describe any view as 'restricted'.

My thoughts exactly - I can't image where "restricted view" seats are - unless they're right up against some of the TV camera positions.

Or behind the handrails, etc where you come out from the concourses.....

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 25 May 2011 09:46

Red 62 :!:

Who are all these people that think the best way to travel between Reading and Wembley is coach :?:

Worked ok in '95.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 May 2011 09:56

Svlad Cjelli
Stuka

Hey ho.

From Craig Mortimer said on the radio yesterday they are pretty much that. It sounded like seats with some fixtures and fittings blocking a little bit of the view. I'm sure the view is fine really, but in this day and age they probably have to hold them back and sell them as restricted because otherwise they'll get endless complaints and legal proceedings for selling them under false pretences.

You can bet it won't be a case of a supermarket blocking out half the pitch that's for sure.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 May 2011 10:00

Having bitched a bit about tickets and the clubs distribution of them in the past I'll give some credit where credit is due. I think the club have handled the sale of these pretty well.

I'd still have preferred some staggering of the membercard sales to give the most loyal fans a bit of an advantage over the 0-pointers but with 1 per ticket I think that would've caused more issues than it solved. There will be so many low point supporters wanting to sit with their more regular friends and family that it would've been a logistical nightmare.

The only disappointing thing (apart from TicketZones appaling website) is that the club didn't allow any chioce of block within ticket bands. That seems a bit of a cop out to me, but perfectly understandable considering the volumes of sales involved.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 10:05

Hoop Blah .....
The only disappointing thing (apart from TicketZones appaling website) is that the club didn't allow any chioce of block within ticket bands. That seems a bit of a cop out to me, but perfectly understandable considering the volumes of sales involved.

'Greed - but I can understand why they did it. Sales would have taken for ever if the staff at the windows had to go off and find the required tickets - and that's if no-one at another window had sold them. The alternative was one window per block, which is obviously unrealistic. Much easier to just give the next tickets off the pile at each window.

This wouldn't have been a problem if there had been a viable alternative for people who wanted to select the block - but that alternative was Ticketzone.....

All in all, though, the sales at the club have been pretty much superb - the responses so far to the survey being done for thetilehurstend.co.uk bear that out.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 May 2011 10:26

Apparently there was a problem with ticketzone and my mums bank account. So payment hasn't gone through and it automatically released the tickets. oxf*rd livid. they have reserved 3 tickets in block 131 but my mums on a business trip at the moment so can't see much being done about it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 May 2011 10:26

Oh and they claim to of emailed me. But i have no email in my inbox or spam. Useless

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 May 2011 10:27

lowerwestjnr Apparently there was a problem with ticketzone and my mums bank account. So payment hasn't gone through and it automatically released the tickets. oxf*rd livid. they have reserved 3 tickets in block 131 but my mums on a business trip at the moment so can't see much being done about it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sounds like your mum's broke m8 - let's hope she makes a bit of money on her "business trip".

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 May 2011 10:31

Maguire
lowerwestjnr Apparently there was a problem with ticketzone and my mums bank account. So payment hasn't gone through and it automatically released the tickets. oxf*rd livid. they have reserved 3 tickets in block 131 but my mums on a business trip at the moment so can't see much being done about it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sounds like your mum's broke m8 - let's hope she makes a bit of money on her "business trip".

:roll: Nope she had the money in there. Customer support lady said it was between the servers at ticketzone.

finbarr

by finbarr » 25 May 2011 11:02

moo
finbarr Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh

TZ have just debited 2 amounts from my account :roll: - 1 amount for £480 for 7 x £64 tickets (for which I only got a system error message and no confirmation order number) and 1 amount for £386 for 7 x £52 tickets (an order which went through correctly)

The 7 x £52 tickets arrived this morning........anyone else have this problem?

I'm sure you can flog them. Wonder what they do if you get the incorrect ones cancelled and then sell them ? Hmmmm

7 x £64 tickets duly arrived this morning. TZ will refund upon safe return. These are in block 549 - I have no idea if they will be re-released for sale or if the seats will simply lie vacant.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 May 2011 11:05

It's no wonder we sold the allocation so quickly with all these apparent 'double purchases'.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 May 2011 11:07

I see a few more tickets are on sale some with obstructed view. The obstructed view costs for an adult are half the cost of a normal view ticket (fair enough) but the concession price is still the same as for a normal view ticket....

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 May 2011 11:20

Tickets arrived! Whoop!

EPR

by EPR » 25 May 2011 11:48

Receipt that came with the tickets says "Your account has been debited by READING FC" but online credit card statement says TICKETZONE.

csb

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 May 2011 12:47

Mine arrived this morning.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 May 2011 13:24

No Fixed Abode Mine arrived this morning.

WHAT! But you are a Chelsea fan!!!!!!1!!!!!! I am so wound up by this. Next you'll be saying that RFC is most people's second team and I will get so angry when you say that.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 May 2011 13:26

shite tickets mind.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 13:27

No Fixed Abode Mine arrived this morning.

They're for a different match - they're for the Cardiff/Reading game!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 25 May 2011 13:30

hey Kes, we're near neighbours. I'm in 236.

Say hi (really). It'd be a mutual SPOTTED +1 at least.

1424 posts