NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

240 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jul 2011 18:05

Can anyone confirm if he can be called back in January?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 25 Jul 2011 18:10

ZacNaloen Can anyone confirm if he can be called back in January?

If you weren't being ironic he can (tho I typed this without reading previous pages as usual!!!!). Harry Redknapp said he could when he all but confirmed the transfer after their friendly game in the States in a telly interview yesterday

I am a little surprised that this seems to break with BMcD's philosophy of only loaning players we think we can buy. This guy only joined Spurs in January so is the move because he a) needs English playing time to adapt (in which case he shouldn't be joining!) or b) is surplus already and we have agreed a fee for if it works out?

Seems odd to be shipped out so soon without getting a look in? The new Greg Halford?!

Don't get me wrong, pleased with the signing, but something seems a little odd?
Last edited by The Prisoner on 25 Jul 2011 18:17, edited 2 times in total.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 25 Jul 2011 18:13

Now on OS and this is his goal in the World Cup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYXKKaagUCY

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 25 Jul 2011 18:16

Bucks Dave Now on OS and this is his goal in the World Cup.

LOL at the welcome to Glasgow Rangers comment 22 hours ago underneath!!!!

Reading >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rangers!!!!!!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Jul 2011 18:18

that waitrose logo is ridiculously big.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jul 2011 18:25

My guess is we've signed him because there are some players in the squad who we don't think are ready yet but could be in 6 months to a year and there's no point in going out and buying someone when a loanee could bridge the gap.

And if he contributes to us getting promoted then maybe spurs will let us buy him and he knows the club.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 25 Jul 2011 18:26

Friday's Legacy

that waitrose logo is ridiculously big.

No it's not? I just checked and this seasons is slightly smaller.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jul 2011 18:34

ZacNaloen My guess is we've signed him because there are some players in the squad who we don't think are ready yet but could be in 6 months to a year and there's no point in going out and buying someone when a loanee could bridge the gap.

And if he contributes to us getting promoted then maybe spurs will let us buy him and he knows the club.

Can see him partnering Pearce, hopefully he has more pace than him

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

by paultheroyal » 25 Jul 2011 20:54

On paper it looks like a quality loan signing.

Wish him all the best and let's hope he is a bit of a revelation.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Jul 2011 21:13

ZacNaloen My guess is we've signed him because there are some players in the squad who we don't think are ready yet but could be in 6 months to a year and there's no point in going out and buying someone when a loanee could bridge the gap.

...and Brian can sweet talk him into joining us like he did for Legiertwood and Griffin.

I do feel stupidly good about this loan despite knowing next to nothing about the guy.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Jul 2011 21:51

I already posted that....

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 25 Jul 2011 21:59

SpaceCruiser

Did anybody already post this?........... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 82,00.html

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Jul 2011 21:59

harry rates the kid highly. this feels much like it did when we brought in matty upson. in any case, i can't imagine us being able to afford him even if we did go up.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 25 Jul 2011 22:03

Friday's Legacy

harry rates the kid highly. this feels much like it did when we brought in matty upson. in any case, i can't imagine us being able to afford him even if we did go up.

If we have another Upson for an entire season..... :P :P :P :P

A man can dream.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Jul 2011 22:03

Friday's Legacy

He only cost Spurs £1.5m, it's not like 'Arry is against a bit of squad rotation and moving players on either.

Pleased we've got the lad signed. Apart from being a relative youngster he seems to tick a lot of boxes for us. Impressed that he captained his previous side at a young age. That hopefully means he's got some character and balls about him.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Jul 2011 22:05

As much as I think they'll be looking for an improvement in Morrison over the next 6-12 months I think the reality is that we didn't think we could afford a permanent transfer to replace the centre halfs we lost and so we've had to take the cheaper option of borrowing someone else's superior (hopefully) work in progress.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 25 Jul 2011 22:09

SpaceCruiser

and I posted it before you... funny how HNA? works

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Jul 2011 22:15

leww_rfc
SpaceCruiser

and I posted it before you... funny how HNA? works

So you did, and on the first page too!

Sorry about that, sheepsh***er

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jul 2011 22:18

Hoop Blah

As much as I think they'll be looking for an improvement in Morrison over the next 6-12 months I think the reality is that we didn't think we could afford a permanent transfer to replace the centre halfs we lost and so we've had to take the cheaper option of borrowing someone else's superior (hopefully) work in progress.

I suspect it's a bit of waiting on Morrison to develop, a bit of not rating the value of the permanent alternatives and thinking this guy's too good to miss out on even if it's just for a season.

Have to say I thought he looked pretty complete for Preston against us, I know you shouldn't judge on just one game, but I liked the look of him more than Mills. Really pleased with this.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

by NR_Royal » 25 Jul 2011 23:27

Just for the record:

240 posts