DCMS to recommend club licensing scheme

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

DCMS to recommend club licensing scheme

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 09:53

The report of the DCMS enquiry into Football Governance is un-embargoed at 12 noon today.

The smart money says there'll be :

- a club licensing scheme similar to that in Germany
- the FA to be fast-track reformed and given powers to administer this scheme
- the game's disciplinary process to become semi-independent
- the PL made to change its rules & structures and to become subservient to the FA
- maybe a winter break (although how relevant to DCMS this is I have no idea)

We could see fundamental changes - and we'll certainly see the PL fighting tooth and nail against this and briefing all their media buddies against it.

Here's a couple of links to whet the appetite on this :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/28/select-committee-english-football-report

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/28/football-select-committee-report

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: DCMS to recommend club licensing scheme

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Jul 2011 10:35

In my opinion absolutely NO league should be able to operate in any way divorced from any aspect of the countries governing FA.

If they do set up in such a manner then they automatically operate outside of ALL the games governing bodies and therefore would not be permitted to compete in any competitions operated within the purview of those organisations.

Perhaps a breakaway will become more likely (and bloody good riddance too!)........

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 10:37

In principle I agree, but what we have at the moment is a governing body dominated by people who represent the PL - so if the PL wants to do something the governing body will tend to roll over and let them.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 10:58

Just found out that the Committee recommends scrapping the Football Creditor's Rule - by legislation if necessary.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 29 Jul 2011 11:03

Oof!

Isn't that one of the fundamental bases of the transfer market?

royal tee

by royal tee » 29 Jul 2011 11:13

Couple of questions -

- How will this be responded to by FIFA ? Smacks of govt/political interference in the running of football which they are not very fond of

- How does the football creditors rule work with overseas transfers ? Is there an equivalent EU or FIFA wide rule on it ?

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 29 Jul 2011 11:14

Svlad Cjelli Just found out that the Committee recommends scrapping the Football Creditor's Rule - by legislation if necessary.

And not a moment too soon.

Dirk, what is the status of these recommendations i.e. what is the likelihood of them actually being implemented??

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 11:15

T.R.O.L.I. Oof!

Isn't that one of the fundamental bases of the transfer market?

They'll just have to find a way around it. Less credit and more cash can only be a good thing, but how a player's contract can be signed when they have no guarantees they'll get paid I'm not sure ...... would you sign for Portsmouth or Wrexham? I have no idea how that one will pan out.

I am literally LOLing my heart out at some of what the report contains.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 11:17

royal tee Couple of questions -

- How will this be responded to by FIFA ? Smacks of govt/political interference in the running of football which they are not very fond of

- How does the football creditors rule work with overseas transfers ? Is there an equivalent EU or FIFA wide rule on it ?

- Nope, the interference is not what FIFA would care about, I don't think Setting standards of governance is different to running the game.

- It still applies as with any other creditor - so it'd mean more done in cash or with guarantees and less done with promises to be paid.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 11:19

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Svlad Cjelli Just found out that the Committee recommends scrapping the Football Creditor's Rule - by legislation if necessary.

And not a moment too soon.

Dirk, what is the status of these recommendations i.e. what is the likelihood of them actually being implemented??

I think they will - there's a definite will in government to do this. How long it will take and how quickly they can influence change in the FA is quite another thing - as is the forthcoming power struggle with the PL, who will hate most of this and fight it hard. Dave Richards is also a dead man walking, I'd say.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Jul 2011 11:33

One paragraph in this report actually recommends that Ken B8s gets dibbed in to the tax people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1