Have you ever been ejected from a match?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Have you ever been ejected from a match?

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2011 14:32

Royal Lady Seen Burns Burns thrown out at Wycombe

Wasn't he the streaker at the Mad Stad who (thankfully) still had his boxers on?

I remember Millwall away and a Millwall fan turns up in the home end wearing a blue and white hooped polo shirt, quite funny seeing the Millwall stewards try to eject him for being a Reading fan :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2011 14:36

T.R.O.L.I.
brendywendy
:?:

if the certain nobber is the one who was well known for a penchent for slightly iffy one night stands, and pies, then yes. (oh hang on, that could be almost anyone, except wizard and people who dont like pies )

i was sure it was a lager, but i was a bit squiffy myself, and dont really remember

TBF, I was battered, and I'm sure we're talking about the same bloke. Just seem to recall it was wine as it made it even funnier.

Was only after about 5 minutes of the game too IIRC.[/quote]

thats him. arrested, spent the entire game in the nick instead of the concourse, but was out for the evening, which was the only bit he really cared about, which was nice.

Hup Holland Hup

by Hup Holland Hup » 23 Aug 2011 14:40

Both my wife and I were asked to leave Layer Rd Colchester way back in the Tommy Burns era. At the time she was 6 months pregnant with our first child and I thought it would be better to sit with the home fans as opposed to standing with the Reading support.

To cut a long story short, a black Reading player was hacked down just in front of us...que monkey chants from the locals. My wife reacted angrily and I had to step in to protect her from one particulary unpleasent individual. Bit of a scuffle ensued before the stewards moved in and escourted us from the ground.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 23 Aug 2011 14:42

That's pretty shocking. You should've written to the FA or football league or something.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2011 14:43

Lightweights the lot of you.

I got thrown at by the old bill at Chesterfield in 1979 for abusive chanting. It was 2pm and the ground deserted bar the nutters that travelled up on Smiths Coaches. 2 of us were ejected and, as it was only 2pm, decided to do the sensible thing and pay to go into the seats instead. Ollie Kearns scored the first as we went on to lose 7-1. A grim day all round.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 23 Aug 2011 14:45

lol - what were you chanting?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 23 Aug 2011 14:56

Red Have you ever been asked to leave a Reading game, due to perceived or actual bad behaviour?

Were you physically ejected or merely asked to leave, and what were the circumstances surrounding the incident? Do you feel it was deserved? Were the stewards just doing their job or were you unfairly treated?

If you've never been ejected - have you ever witnessed one taking place?

not quite......been close a few times

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2011 14:59

Red lol - what were you chanting?

Can you hear the Chesterfield sing. The ground was empty. Typical Derbyshire folk - no sense of irony.

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 23 Aug 2011 15:10

Got thrown out of Craven Cottage in 1991ish in an incident recorded in TTB.

Loads (20 / 30) of us got slung out for singing a song about the ability of Martin Hicks to appear anywhere on the pitch, although one HNA regular scuttled off out of sight when the Met started wading in. I'll not mention any names but he completely BOTTLED it.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Aug 2011 15:11

bakerlou Got thrown out of Craven Cottage in 1991ish in an incident recorded in TTB.

Loads (20 / 30) of us got slung out for singing a song about the ability of Martin Hicks to appear anywhere on the pitch, although one HNA regular scuttled off out of sight when the Met started wading in. I'll not mention any names but he completely BOTTLED it.

Does that bring back great MEMORIES, bakerlou?

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 23 Aug 2011 15:16

T.R.O.L.I.
bakerlou Got thrown out of Craven Cottage in 1991ish in an incident recorded in TTB.

Does that bring back great MEMORIES, bakerlou?

:wink:

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 23 Aug 2011 15:47

1969 or poss early 70 v Luton at home. At that time some of us favoured large bulb car hooters which we would take into the ground. A friend dared me to blow mine into a policeman's ear. I snuck up behind a suitable candidate and did so, with the inevitable result. I bet he used that ear to listen to his wife for a day or two afterwards though.

Edited for typos :-(
Last edited by bobby m's syrup on 23 Aug 2011 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 23 Aug 2011 15:48

brendywendy
T.R.O.L.I.
brendywendy
:?:

if the certain nobber is the one who was well known for a penchent for slightly iffy one night stands, and pies, then yes. (oh hang on, that could be almost anyone, except wizard and people who dont like pies )

i was sure it was a lager, but i was a bit squiffy myself, and dont really remember

TBF, I was battered, and I'm sure we're talking about the same bloke. Just seem to recall it was wine as it made it even funnier.

Was only after about 5 minutes of the game too IIRC.

thats him. arrested, spent the entire game in the nick instead of the concourse, but was out for the evening, which was the only bit he really cared about, which was nice.[/quote]

It was cider. :oops:

The Glory Days :(

by The Glory Days :( » 23 Aug 2011 16:47

Me and my uncle were sat at the front of y26 on a day when it had been raining, wasn't a full house so most people moved up onto the dry seats but we carried on where we were. Thinking it was OK to stand up as there wasn't anyone withing possibly 10 rows of us we did just that, to be then told to sit down, my uncle called the head steward a jobs worth and we then got took behind the magical blue door! And told if we didn't do as they said we would be banned ... tossers.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2011 16:49

Hugo Boss
brendywendy
T.R.O.L.I.

Was only after about 5 minutes of the game too IIRC.

thats him. arrested, spent the entire game in the nick instead of the concourse, but was out for the evening, which was the only bit he really cared about, which was nice.

It was cider. :oops:[/quote]

lolcano

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 23 Aug 2011 16:53

Obviously I've never been chucked out or seen it happen.

But lol @ some of the stories.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Aug 2011 17:04

Two "incidents" but neither involved ejection:

1) Having my "name taken" outside Hillsborough back in the early 80s after about 30 Reading fans were frogmarched by around 50 Rozzers, complete with vans as back-up, to the ground. Enough was enough and as we were queuing to get in I made some "miaaooooww" noises to which the several Alsatian dogs in close proximity seemed to take exception. Apparently that was "incitement to cause a breach of the peace".... or summat.

2) Mrs DHH, an articled lawyer at the time with one of the leading firms in London, was asked to "tone it down, luv" by a copper at Roots Hall after she steamed down the terrace and jumped on the fence so that Ricky Otto - or was it Kevin Francis? - could have the benefit of her stream of vitriol after he had made a "hand shandy" signal to the Royals fans behind the goal at a corner. Oh how I laff to this day.....

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 23 Aug 2011 17:12

I got caught by the stewards climbing over the wall at elm park, the buggers chucked me back in :cry:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 23 Aug 2011 17:16

T.R.O.L.I. ...in the same way another 'nobber did at Ipswich the same season.

Yeah, I have vague memories of seeing that happen as well. Bloke was absolutely c*nted tbf.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 23 Aug 2011 17:21

What a bunch 'o hooligans we are...great stories tho. :D
Last edited by Libertine on 23 Aug 2011 17:37, edited 1 time in total.