Celebrations ruined

134 posts
under the tin

Re: Celebrations ruined

by under the tin » 12 Sep 2011 20:24

Royal Rother What do you mean when you say we are not "stronger" than before?

We may be performing at a higher level than that we are used to, but are we stronger in the sense that RFC (as a movement)is closer to being a club that makes a profit, and is able to re invest that profit to move forward? I say no.
We appear to be selling the family silver solely to remain trading, because we are paying too much in wages to footballers. (like all clubs are)

Royal Rother What's your measure of strength?

The ability to attract the knowledge and skill areas that your competitors covet.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 12 Sep 2011 20:48

Now that we are no longer winning the champions league and premier league regularly I will no longer attend.
:shock:

See you Saturday :|

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Sep 2011 20:54

Having given it some thought, I reckon that was the worst performance I've seen since QPR away under Rodgers (4-1 against 10 men).

I'm glad I don't really care as much about it all as I used to.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 12 Sep 2011 21:01

Jackson Corner 60 years and that was the worst performance you can remember? Were you there with 1700 at home to Preston? Those defeats to bogey team Bury in 70's. Even recent years 6-0 Bristol Rovers. 3-0 Wimbledon when we were managed by the clubs best ever manager?
I only go back 30 odd years and I could write a book on the number of rubish performances I've watched by Reading over the years. I will be there Saturday and I will get a season ticket next season what ever league we are in. It's what supporting a team like Reading is all about, you have to suffer the bad times to apreciate the good times even more when they come along.

Or how about ten years ago - lost 3-1 at home to Swindon. It was dire. One Nobber commented: Where do you begin after that shameful humiliation yesterday? Let's start with a few facts... what we witnessed yesterday and have seen in recent games is totally unacceptable to anybody connected to Reading Football Club.
The management and coaching staff have clearly lost the plot and have run out of ideas.
As a consequence the players have somehow become bad players showing the commitment and guile of a bloody cowpat! I also firmly believe they have fallen into that classic situation whereby they themselves have lost faith in the management and are not putting in on the park. We are going down faster than the Titanic and something has to be done very quickly. The moment the game kicked off yesterday there was an air of inevitability that we were going to be beaten. What the bloody hell has happened to the players? The defence is pathetic, Ade Williams not a shadow of his former self, the midfield non existent, it's no good blaming Harper, he can't do it all alone, he hasn't the ability anyhow, Parky is past it and becoming an embarrassment, nobody ever doubts his commitment and leadership, but he can't pass a ball to save his life, the forwards between them couldn't hit a blinking herd of cows arses with a banjo let alone one!

The team contained Shorey, Harper, Forster, Butler, Cureton...

We got promoted at the end of that season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2011 21:48

Floyd's blog?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Sep 2011 22:07

Jackson Corner 60 years and that was the worst performance you can remember? Were you there with 1700 at home to Preston? Those defeats to bogey team Bury in 70's. Even recent years 6-0 Bristol Rovers. 3-0 Wimbledon when we were managed by the clubs best ever manager?
I only go back 30 odd years and I could write a book on the number of rubish performances I've watched by Reading over the years. I will be there Saturday and I will get a season ticket next season what ever league we are in. It's what supporting a team like Reading is all about, you have to suffer the bad times to apreciate the good times even more when they come along.

I was happy to support Reading FC through good and bad times. However, that was when it was regarded more as a football club than a business and before it increasingly became Madejski FC.

My unconditional support will return when Madejski delivers on his talk of selling and buggers off.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 13 Sep 2011 03:02

What an absolute tosser.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 13 Sep 2011 07:59

TBF Reading ruined my wedding day so I know how the old chap feels.

I hadn't missed an away game in something like three years. The day I miss one is the very day they choose to win at Manchester City for the first time in the club's history and I'm not there.

Put a proper spoiler on the celebrations I can tell you.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Sep 2011 08:30

URZZ What an absolute tosser.

I do believe he is!

But you continue to back him to the hilt and just hurl insults at those who suggest he might not be delivering on his many words. Tell you what, why not get a scarf with Madejski FC on it?!

Incidentally so much for his expert view that we would be fine on Saturday because we would have had two weeks in which the new signings could bed in! :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Sep 2011 09:54

Elm Park Old Boy

Or how about ten years ago - lost 3-1 at home to Swindon. It was dire. One Nobber commented: Where do you begin after that shameful humiliation yesterday? Let's start with a few facts... what we witnessed yesterday and have seen in recent games is totally unacceptable to anybody connected to Reading Football Club.
The management and coaching staff have clearly lost the plot and have run out of ideas.
As a consequence the players have somehow become bad players showing the commitment and guile of a bloody cowpat! I also firmly believe they have fallen into that classic situation whereby they themselves have lost faith in the management and are not putting in on the park. We are going down faster than the Titanic and something has to be done very quickly. The moment the game kicked off yesterday there was an air of inevitability that we were going to be beaten. What the bloody hell has happened to the players? The defence is pathetic, Ade Williams not a shadow of his former self, the midfield non existent, it's no good blaming Harper, he can't do it all alone, he hasn't the ability anyhow, Parky is past it and becoming an embarrassment, nobody ever doubts his commitment and leadership, but he can't pass a ball to save his life, the forwards between them couldn't hit a blinking herd of cows arses with a banjo let alone one!

The team contained Shorey, Harper, Forster, Butler, Cureton...

We got promoted at the end of that season.

lol- great perspective post

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2011 10:04

Bowman's Quiver TBF Reading ruined my wedding day so I know how the old chap feels.

I hadn't missed an away game in something like three years. The day I miss one is the very day they choose to win at Manchester City for the first time in the club's history and I'm not there.

Put a proper spoiler on the celebrations I can tell you.

Same - we arranged our wedding out of season, only to qualify for the play-offs and our wedding day was the day we lost to away to Wolves. :cry:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 13 Sep 2011 10:05

woah hold on - did you purposely arrange your wedding outside the ftball season?

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 13 Sep 2011 10:50

Reading will bounce back anyway.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Sep 2011 10:55

muddyfeet woah hold on - did you purposely arrange your wedding outside the ftball season?

not sure whats so weird about that.

i wish everyone else would be so considerate

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2011 11:17

muddyfeet woah hold on - did you purposely arrange your wedding outside the ftball season?

Both of them. Yes. What is the point of having a wedding during the season when half your family on both sides have STs and would have faces like a slapped arse because they're missing a game!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 13 Sep 2011 11:18

I had to go to a wedding on Saturday - which I'm not too disappointed about, tbh.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Sep 2011 11:23

I have to say RoyalBlue has raised some exceptional LOLz on this thread "madejski FC"? Hilarious!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Sep 2011 15:56

Royal Lady

Both of them. Yes. What is the point of having a wedding during the season when half your family on both sides have STs and would have faces like a slapped arse because they're missing a game!

Your family would rather go to a Reading game than your wedding? :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2011 16:21

Simon's Church
Royal Lady

Your family would rather go to a Reading game than your wedding? :shock:

No - but as I said, they'd have faces like slapped arses because they were missing a game. We all bleed blue and white m8.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Sep 2011 16:54

They need to put disclaimers around the ground and on all tickets

"Attendance of matches is at the persons own risk, Reading FC cannot be held responsible for the supporter's emotional state during/following the game. Football clubs may go down as well as up."

134 posts