What's the most drunk you've been at a match?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What's the most drunk you've been at a match?

by floyd__streete » 17 Sep 2011 22:26

bobbybottler The Woodley-based Reading fan in question then ran up to Kevin "Rooster" Russell and informed him that he was a fat bald headed pcunt.

VaLOLid. This is still my favourite RFC memory bar none; I was 14 years old at the time and watched this 'disgraceful incident' open mouthed at close hand. The perpetrator then climbed back into the away end unchecked and got a mouthful of abuse from some animated middle-aged female RFC fan. In the fantasy world I live in, I like to think that it was in fact Paul Black himself who performed this stunt in his own Michael Douglas/Falling Down moment, although in reality I realise this is too good to be true.

I like to that those of us present who can recall this incident should meet every year on the anniversary for a pint. I have waited 17 years for something similar to happen and I somehow suspect when/if there is recurrence it'll probably be a dangerously bored and grumpy mid-life crisis version of myself performing it.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 17 Sep 2011 23:19

Another vote here for the Walsall play off final.

Couldn't be arsed with the queue at the station so wandered round the back and cut through the Royal Mail sorting office, before getting the service lift up to the platform.

None of that is a euphemism, by the way.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 17 Sep 2011 23:30

floyd__streete
bobbybottler The Woodley-based Reading fan in question then ran up to Kevin "Rooster" Russell and informed him that he was a fat bald headed pcunt.

VaLOLid. This is still my favourite RFC memory bar none; I was 14 years old at the time and watched this 'disgraceful incident' open mouthed at close hand. The perpetrator then climbed back into the away end unchecked and got a mouthful of abuse from some animated middle-aged female RFC fan. In the fantasy world I live in, I like to think that it was in fact Paul Black himself who performed this stunt in his own Michael Douglas/Falling Down moment, although in reality I realise this is too good to be true.

I like to that those of us present who can recall this incident should meet every year on the anniversary for a pint. I have waited 17 years for something similar to happen and I somehow suspect when/if there is recurrence it'll probably be a dangerously bored and grumpy mid-life crisis version of myself performing it.

Wasn't Paul Black.

The middle-aged female Reading fan was his / our driver for the match, and she would have been in her mid-20s at the time, and I'm going to send her a link to this thread, and she's going to kill you for what you've typed above.

We might well have been stood next to each other when Russell was verbally abused. I was a fat skinhead wearing a Reading shirt - do you remember me?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Sep 2011 23:44

YateleyRoyal Playoff final this year, was 6 pints of Stella down by midday.

Missed our first goal because I was too busy minesweeping with a load of guys I've never met before....anyone know? :shock: :roll:

Benreading has some classic pissed footage of the P/O final. It could be you. :lol:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 18 Sep 2011 00:13

royalexile

Missed our first goal because I was too busy minesweeping with a load of guys I've never met before....anyone know? :shock: :roll:

Benreading has some classic pissed footage of the P/O final. It could be you. :lol:

Will PM him, I want to see this!

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 18 Sep 2011 00:50

floyd__streete

I often wonder just how many bazillion member points Paul Black has. But then I remember a thought like that shows me as the dirty plastic I am and wind my neck in.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 18 Sep 2011 07:33

royalexile

:lol:

The guy sat to my left got his head down for a god portion of the first half and the guy to the right performed a one man head first surge over a couple of rows of seats when we scored our second. :wink:
Remember speaking to Mrs LR, on the phone, before entering Wembley. She couldn't understand anything I was saying. Funny that, as we all seemed to understand each other perfectly.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 18 Sep 2011 09:53

handbags_harris * Crewe away November 03 - no real reason, just a major piss-up.

Forgot about this one - Actually drank myself sober that day after starting drinking at 4.30am in the 3 Guineas with Aggro, Bob the Builder, SKB, Finch, Tilehurst Lad (RIP) etc. It had opened early for a rugby world cup game between Samoa and Fiji or something like that and we thought it'd be rude not to take advantage. Was steaming by 8.30am.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 18 Sep 2011 11:32

Yeah that Crewe game was a good'un. Laggered.

My little gang's best recent effort was Fulham away - second season in the Prem - we lost 3-1.

Guineas start, then relentless intake all day and night. I drank the least of my group. 22 pints of Guinness.

Woke up on the Sunday thinking 'How the f*ck am I still alive?'

I still can't quite believe we did it, but we did. I remember hitting the fifteen or sixteen mark in the Bear and Bishop at Pad, unable to speak, and then getting cans on the train in case we got 'thirsty'.

Then, that feeling of wanting more once we got back to the 'Ding, then the 'Nam. Pure beer frenzy.

Fantastic day out.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Sep 2011 13:21

Probably Chester away when they played at Maccelsfield.

I, apparantly, got a ball full in the face from the pre match warm up, picked myself up and continued conversation as if nothing had happened.

I still don't remember it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2011 19:14

Maguire Got to be an away game - possibly Sheff Wed in 2006. I watched the highlights the next day and was convinced I must have not been there coz I couldn't remember a single thing about it.

Was this the one we trained it with you and H&P amongst others. You kept shoving your head out the train window and shouting "is this Derby" all the way home. :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2011 19:33

still no acknowledgement from the half dozen that were pi55ed and there with me at Priestfields in '87 :shock:

lets all toast the death of yet another thread....cheers young-uns

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 18 Sep 2011 20:56

Royal With Cheese Probably Chester away when they played at Maccelsfield.

I, apparantly, got a ball full in the face from the pre match warm up, picked myself up and continued conversation as if nothing had happened.

I still don't remember it.

Classic :)

What a brilliant thread lol.

I'd just like to add...pretty much the whole of our 2005-06 season, but I'm kind of guessing I wasn't alone!

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 19 Sep 2011 10:18

Not including me. Or Reading for that matter.

Went to Carlisle vs. Birmingham Auto WIndscreens final at the Wembley back in the 90s (lived in Cumbria at the time). Remember two things - 1) sitting quite low down (got tickets late) and couldn't see any of the pitch beneath players' knees as view was obscured by advertising hoardings 2) Carlisle fan sitting on row in front of me was so oxf*rd that he just vomited through the entire first half and then passed out. First ever game in England to be won with a golden goal (?). Remember stench of vom (mostly all over himself) and not having much idea what the game was like.

Went to Blackburn vs. Newcastle the year that Newcastle imploded and blew the PL ("I'd love it!"). Blackburn fan next to me pissed as fart, and comes back 20 mins late after half time (claimed to have downed a further 5 pints in 35 minutes). Batty scores. 1-0 to Newcastle. Home end is 50% Geordies going mad. Approaches FT. This guy goes for a piss and comes back to find Graham Fenton has scored twice in injury time. 2-1 Blackburn. Home end 50% in tears.....50% going mental. This guy starts hugging me and offering most of Tyneside out. Loads of fat Geordies in tears with their shirts off (and that was just the women). They blew it big time.

My only Reading related stories involve drinking on the train back after the game as live in Chester. Tying a fat kid's shoe laces to the luggage rack at head height on the train home a few years ago was a highlight. Got off at Crewe. Train went to Glasgow. No idea if anyone let him down. Would like to think they didn't. :lol:

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 19 Sep 2011 11:55

Playoff final last season, Glad i did get drunk in the end lol

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 19 Sep 2011 19:52

I have just noticed that this year's rugby World Cup final (9am kick off) is the same day as our home game against Southampton on Sky (5.20pm kick off).

Alarm bells!!!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Sep 2011 20:09

Royal Lady
Maguire Got to be an away game - possibly Sheff Wed in 2006. I watched the highlights the next day and was convinced I must have not been there coz I couldn't remember a single thing about it.

Was this the one we trained it with you and H&P amongst others. You kept shoving your head out the train window and shouting "is this Derby" all the way home. :roll:

Mike Atherton and Mark Nicholas on the train at St Pancras :lol:

Ian Herring has reminded me of Fulham. I think we went there in November two years running in the Prem though, TBH, they've blurred into one for me. After one of the games we went back to the pub near Putney Bridge tube and I think there was an incident with a local Prossie? Though my recollection is hazy :?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Sep 2011 21:06

Defintely battered when we played Reading in Carling cup and Crespo scored (i think - too pizzed to remember any of it).

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 19 Sep 2011 21:32

Has to be So'ton at home back in the Elm Park days. Went to a New Year's Eve party over Coley and was drinking all sorts. Early hours of the morning and it was on to the red wine, before washing my teeth with pernod. Followed by proverbial glass of water to remain pissed. Old trick that one.

Stopped off at pub in Coley on way to match, and then stood there concentrating more on my DT's than the action on the pitch. Final score? Haven't got the foggiest. Went home and collapsed in my pit. Memories,eh.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 19 Sep 2011 22:10

The most pissed i've ever been at a game was so good i can't remember where it was, who it was against, or much about it to be fair. i just know it was in the days when you were allowed to carry your own crate of beer in to the ground and no one batted an eyelid.

But i must say, if you can remember being pissed at football, then you probably weren't really that pissed!