Back from the game - Donnie

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game - Donnie

by Ian Royal » 20 Sep 2011 21:36

Just been enjoying watching the first half.

Donny must have been delighted to be going in at 0-0, we should have been at least 2-0 up and could have scored 4 or 5 if we'd been in any sort of form. Hunt with two weak headers, Kebe with a weak header, Church's weak shot and then good defending for his second one-on-one, Leigterwood's tame effort and McAnuff's speculative effort that nearly rebounded for us.

We were playing some decent football just lacking a little bit of quality and composure at times. A lot of that came from Leigertwood's poor display in the middle, losing or giving it away time and again.He can't have made more than 6 successful passes in 45 minutes. Bit sloppy on occasion from some others as well with Tabb probably the next worst offender, although he did alright too. Not happy with our central midfield at the moment, think Karacan has been better than either, certainly Leigertwood, but it's really lacking quality on the ball.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Sep 2011 13:28

Leg's weren't great, no. But he was far improved, got about the pitch well and at least played his football in a positive manner. Something Jem needs to think about the next time he's about to pass back to Feder-fvcking-rici when on the edge of the opponents box.

Tabb wasn't particularly useful so I expect Jem will nip back in and let this be nothing more than a warning shot for the lad. But I’m pretty bored of hearing how working hard makes uncreative, bland, negative, visionless football forgivable.

If Jem wants a sport where running about for a long time is the limit of ability, I suggest he take a sh1t on a main road and become the next Paula Radcliffe.

If both Kebe and HRK are out, we may be forced to change the formation anyway - in which case, a 4-3-3 with Jobi in the middle and Legs + Tab or Jem behind him, and width being provided by strikers (did you see Churchy's cross on Saturday?! Kebe take some f///king note) we might accidentally land on a working formula?

--------------- Feds -----------

Cummings - Gorks - Harte - Mills

---------- Legs ---- Jem -------

-------------- Jobi ------------

Church ------- ALF -------- Hunt*

* or maybe's

Church ------ Manset ------- ALF

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Sep 2011 21:50

Thought Karacan would have added at least as much as Tabb to the Donny display and more than Legs from what I saw. I'm not a particularly big fan of Jem either. He's a good Champ level player, that's all.

Kebe & HRK being out at the same time is a bit of a dilema, but I'd expect to see something like Church / Hunt or Taylor / Obita out wide for at least a game or two before we changed our shape.

Thought it was interesting ( and this may have just been the camera perspective rather than live, as this sort of thing is where TV falls down) that it quite looked like Kebe, Hunt, Church & McAnuff were given far more free roles to play where they thought was best at any given time in the attacking four. Which saw Kebe central an wide left and right, same for McAnuff and both Church and Hunt out wide as well as upfront.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Sep 2011 12:55

Yeah, Tabb / Jem - interchangeable; hard working but that’s about it. The point being Jem was the one doing f//ck all with his opportunity, so ship someone else in.

Obita – oh yeah, good call; forgot about him.

I noticed that too – we were mixing it up in attack; good stuff. Kebe and McAnuff need to interchange more anyway. Personally I’d have ‘em play on the ‘wrong’ wings. Rather see them cut inside, take it through people or draw a foul, then go wide and fluff the cross.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Sep 2011 13:32

Extended-Phenotype I noticed that too – we were mixing it up in attack; good stuff. Kebe and McAnuff need to interchange more anyway. Personally I’d have ‘em play on the ‘wrong’ wings. Rather see them cut inside, take it through people or draw a foul, then go wide and fluff the cross.

They're both right footed though, so play them both on the left?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Sep 2011 15:12

Oh yeah. Jimi’s played on the left for so long I’d forgotten that. Well, Jobi seems more keen on cutting inside and going through people – bung him ‘wrong footed’ on the left wing and get Kebe crossing on his good foot out on the right?

If Kebe is out, I still think it would be worth moving Jobi inside or wrong foot him on the left to get some more stuff going on centrally.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Sep 2011 15:32

I'm confused E-P, McAnuff has already been playing left wing, so on the "wrong side", for the last year and a bit. And Kebe has always cut inside a lot rather than always going to the byline as a more traditional winger might.

Kebe has been playing right wing for a couple of years now.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Sep 2011 09:39

Shoot me. I have gone mad and require putting out of my misery.

Disregard everything I have ever said, ever. Why can't I ever remember who plays on what wing? I could have sworn Jobi was on the right.