Trevor Senior

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Trevor Senior

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Oct 2011 11:42

Quick request.

Anyone got any decent pictures( good resolution) of Trevor Senior when he was playing for Watford, Middlesbrough or Reading?

I've googled and only found pictures of him recently................

Please pm

Cheers

( i assume this is an appropriate post on Team as he used to play for our TEAM! :wink: )

Royal Bison

Re: Trevor Senior

by Royal Bison » 11 Oct 2011 11:44

Google images seems to have quite a few?!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Oct 2011 11:52

Royal Bison Google images seems to have quite a few?!

Not good enough for me.................

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Oct 2011 12:02

Not an image but a little insight into Trevor during his time at Middlesbrough. This interview was with my cousin who played and roomed with Trev at Boro:

http://miniboro.com/#4081

5. Did you ever revisit the Stork Hotel?

I drove past it a good few years ago with my mate Scott Selby (he taught me a lot about the Boro and its history) obviously its not there now but it brought back fantastic memories just driving down the street. What a place! John and Eleanor and all of their family were so fantastically friendly to me that I could never thank them enough. They were massive Boro fans and looked after all the lads in their like their own.

When I watch ‘Life on Mars’ on the TV it reminds me of the Stork! All the local constabulary in there, drinking, telling stories and I think sometimes they even stayed past licensing hours!!!

Myself and Ashley Fothergill were in there (what a great lad he is, lives in New York now) and when Trevor Senior joined we had such a laugh, he is one of the funniest people I have met along with Trevor Putney and Neale Cooper at the Villa. Me and Trev Senior used to get on famously and we were constantly together, we used to slaughter him about his dress sense, so we said right we are taking you down town to sort you out. So we took him to Big Cyrils shop (Zone?) and kitted him out, he still looked like a binman! Like he said, clothes just don’t suit him!!

Once at Maiden Castle, Colin Todd was giving out a bollocking about something and he said to Trevor “Are you laughing at me?” and Trevor said “No, I’ve just got big teeth!!” Brilliant!! In San Jose Bruce asked him to warm up and he just rubbed his arms twice and said “I’m ready!” He was great, great for the spirit and an important factor in us going up; his goal scoring record was incredible.

I remember the week we played Leicester, the build up to the game was crazy, the whole town was absolutely buzzing and it seemed that everybody thought it was a formality. Everywhere me and Trev went people would be telling us what their plans were and what they would do when we won etc. When we got back to the Stork, Trev said to me “I’ve got a horrible feeling about Saturday”, I said “Bloody Hell Trev don’t say that mate” and he said “Everybody is just too confident, I don’t like it”. And he was right, we froze.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 11 Oct 2011 12:29

Any of these good enough?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Oct 2011 13:07

One of our best ever players and he never wore hoops!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Oct 2011 15:22

Thanks Roadrunner.

The big Hat Painting image is just what I wanted. Perfect.

Where did you get it from?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Oct 2011 16:32

That's pretty ugly but I'm sure there's no real need for an age restriction

hutch

by hutch » 11 Oct 2011 16:44

My favourite Reading player EVER, his goalscoring record was incredible and even a part time goalie for us as well, the Southbank used to love it when he was in goal down the Town (away) end. :D :D

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 11 Oct 2011 20:22

Gordons Cumming Thanks Roadrunner.

The big Hat Painting image is just what I wanted. Perfect.

Where did you get it from?

Glad I could be of help mate. I only Googled 'Trevor Senior Footballer'.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 12 Oct 2011 11:01

hutch My favourite Reading player EVER, his goalscoring record was incredible and even a part time goalie for us as well, the Southbank used to love it when he was in goal down the Town (away) end. :D :D

Agreed. Goalscoring hero and comedy genius.

I'll never forget:

His 4 or 5 minute hat-trick against Stockport (home debut I think),
His quality hat-trick against Colchester in the League Cup shortly after (I think Maurice Evans was quoted as saying that he thought that we had signed Roy of the Rovers),
His partnership with Deano,
His Goalkeeping antics,
His toothless grin,
Him going off with a head injury against Chesterfield, coming back on with something that was more like a turban than a bandage, AND still managing to score a hat-trick,
His swallow dive in instalments that got Paul Futcher sent off,
The empty feeling that I had when I saw him play for Watford against Liverpool (and what made it worse the bastard Watford fans booed him)

Thanks Trev, you really were a reason to be cheerful (Shit - that makes sound like he's dead)

Anyway, if he played for us now, I bet that there would be SO many haters.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 12 Oct 2011 11:05

Legend

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 12 Oct 2011 12:48

Jackson Corner One of our best ever players and he never wore hoops!

Funnily enough I asked him that very question once and he said he did once: in a pre-season friendly when he first joined in 1983 before we went to the Agentina strip.

What amazed me was that he actually bothered to remember a detail like that - great bloke.

PS He may also have worn the hoops in some legends game in the early years at the Madstad.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Oct 2011 13:09

Fox Talbot
Jackson Corner One of our best ever players and he never wore hoops!

Funnily enough I asked him that very question once and he said he did once: in a pre-season friendly when he first joined in 1983 before we went to the Agentina strip.

What amazed me was that he actually bothered to remember a detail like that - great bloke.

PS He may also have worn the hoops in some legends game in the early years at the Madstad.

Good subject for a pub quiz question.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 13 Oct 2011 13:22

Real genuine guy, remember going to Cardiff circa 86 or 87 he scored a hattrick and they refused to give him the match ball because they were so hard up. His goals to games ratio was 1 to 2 . When we signed him he was either on trial or on loan at Pompey and they couldn't afford the £30k we eventually bought him for, what a bargain for a true Reading legend

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 13 Oct 2011 13:58

God.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 13 Oct 2011 15:01

Isn't there some silly bit of trivia that he never let a goal IN either during his goalkeeping actvities for us? One for Strap?

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Oct 2011 15:14

wolsey I'll never forget:

Him going off with a head injury against Chesterfield, coming back on with something that was more like a turban than a bandage, AND still managing to score a hat-trick,

I thought that was Stockport (midweek evening game at EP)

wolsey His swallow dive in instalments that got Paul Futcher sent off,

Oh how we cheered - some sort of revenge for what his twin brother did to Hicks (see user name)

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 13 Oct 2011 15:22

If you still hate Futcher
wolsey I'll never forget:

I thought that was Stockport (midweek evening game at EP)

wolsey His swallow dive in instalments that got Paul Futcher sent off,

Oh how we cheered - some sort of revenge for what his twin brother did to Hicks (see user name)

Yes mate- we still remember that bast*rd - fantastic user name

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Oct 2011 15:50

I thought it was Chesterfield during the 13 game run. My fav Trev goal was Brentford away during that run a last minute winner with our only shot of the half after they had batterd us all game. Am I right in thinking Trevor was never booked?