Back from the game-saints

273 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game-saints

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Oct 2011 14:31

Extended-Phenotype Maybe my eyes are just extraordinarily captivating decorations in my stunning facial poetry and serve no sensual function whatsoever, but I couldn’t see what was wrong with Mills’ performance.

Did you even watch the game? I challenge anyone to load the sky game and see who gives the ball away the most and made the most individual mistakes.....it was easily mills. Thats not taking his set pieces into account. He wasn't at fault for the goal. IT was HRK's man ( who also had a poor game) and he went to sleep. Poor tackle by cummings but Mills was actually the least to blame in the entire back 4 for that goal.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 25 Oct 2011 14:40

Extended-Phenotype Keep the value of corners in perspective, fellas. On average (in the EPL) it takes 45 corners to score a goal. I don’t know why people get so excited by them when you have a 0.022% chance of creating a goal from one.

Better check your working again.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 25 Oct 2011 14:43

FiNeRaIn
Extended-Phenotype Maybe my eyes are just extraordinarily captivating decorations in my stunning facial poetry and serve no sensual function whatsoever, but I couldn’t see what was wrong with Mills’ performance.

Did you even watch the game? I challenge anyone to load the sky game and see who gives the ball away the most and made the most individual mistakes.....it was easily mills. Thats not taking his set pieces into account. He wasn't at fault for the goal. IT was HRK's man ( who also had a poor game) and he went to sleep. Poor tackle by cummings but Mills was actually the least to blame in the entire back 4 for that goal.

I'm not going to watch the whole game again but I don't think he gave the ball away anymore than Karacan or Cummings.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 25 Oct 2011 14:47

My thoughts on Mills... He was the only defender not culpable for the goal. He was in position at left back with his man, while Gorkss left his man to help Pearce, who allowed a flick on to the now unmarked saints player, who beat cummings attempt to intervene and scored.

He gets on the ball a lot, is reasonable going forward and good at tackling. He is very quick.

However, he is constantly out of position even when not attacking and Gorkss played left back a lot to save us. He often kicks the ball out of play and wastes it. Ok his set pieces were poor but not his fault he's taking them. Ian Harte also gets out of position but is neat and tidy on the ball. Mills looks like he's not yet got the ability at this level.

As a free transfer to cover a poor position, great business. As first choice, horrifying.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Oct 2011 15:07

Z175 My thoughts on Mills... He was the only defender not culpable for the goal. He was in position at left back with his man, while Gorkss left his man to help Pearce, who allowed a flick on to the now unmarked saints player, who beat cummings attempt to intervene and scored.

He gets on the ball a lot, is reasonable going forward and good at tackling. He is very quick.

However, he is constantly out of position even when not attacking and Gorkss played left back a lot to save us. He often kicks the ball out of play and wastes it. Ok his set pieces were poor but not his fault he's taking them. Ian Harte also gets out of position but is neat and tidy on the ball. Mills looks like he's not yet got the ability at this level.

As a free transfer to cover a poor position, great business. As first choice, horrifying.

Sums it up quite well for me.

I think we've seen time and time again that it's dangerous to write off a young player but it's also just as dangerous to not seek a change when there's a problem simply because overall results are OK.

Mills is young though and he isn't exactly crippling the team so I'm not at the point of groaning when I see his name on the team sheet, it's just my feeling that right now he's not quite up too it for a team that wants to make the play-offs.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 25 Oct 2011 15:31

Z175 As a free transfer to cover a poor position, great business. As first choice, horrifying.

+1

Willing to give the lad a chance but I thought he was pants Saturday.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Oct 2011 17:05

pea
melonhead ridiclius escapegoating yet again, from the morons

Congrats on completely missing my point

oooooooooo!

just talking in general tbf
but you did say mills didnt keep up with his man, when it wasnt his man

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 25 Oct 2011 17:38

Z175 My thoughts on Mills... He was the only defender not culpable for the goal. He was in position at left back with his man, while Gorkss left his man to help Pearce, who allowed a flick on to the now unmarked saints player, who beat cummings attempt to intervene and scored.

Agree 100% with all of this. Absolutely spot on. McD needs to replace Mills as first choice asap.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Oct 2011 20:06

bcubed Watched the TV coverage last night

Two things

Firstly HRK was ponderous and not up to his usual form. He was clearly at fault for the goal (though the commentator blamed Cummings perhaps prompting others to follow suit?)

What do these idiots get paid for? Clearly not their footballing knowledge! Of course it's our right back's fault that we conceded a goal created and scored down the left hand side of our defence!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Oct 2011 21:05

Monkey see man closest to scorer at time of goal, monkey blame man.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 25 Oct 2011 21:07

Ian Royal Monkey see man closest to scorer at time of goal, monkey blame man.

Racist

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2011 12:24

FiNeRaIn
Did you even watch the game?

You are right. I thought to myself, “didn’t see Mills play that badly”, but failed to appreciate that was because I didn’t watch the game. Thank f/ we have gifted folk like you around to re-steer us morons when we stray from the path of common sense.

I challenge anyone to load the sky game and see who gives the ball away the most and made the most individual mistakes

Yeah. Cos my life is literally that empty, that I will watch 90 minutes of football again, notebook in hand, to win an argument with a skidbiscuit on a forum.

Elm Park Old Boy

It’s obviously a special and rare type of maths that you don’t understand, and nothing to do with me failing to multiply correctly.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 26 Oct 2011 13:07

After 10 pages of people bickering over Mills, you've managed to hit the nail on the head. Good post.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Oct 2011 13:11

Extended-Phenotype
FiNeRaIn
Did you even watch the game?

You are right. I thought to myself, “didn’t see Mills play that badly”, but failed to appreciate that was because I didn’t watch the game. Thank f/ we have gifted folk like you around to re-steer us morons when we stray from the path of common sense.

I challenge anyone to load the sky game and see who gives the ball away the most and made the most individual mistakes

Yeah. Cos my life is literally that empty, that I will watch 90 minutes of football again, notebook in hand, to win an argument with a skidbiscuit on a forum.

Elm Park Old Boy

It’s obviously a special and rare type of maths that you don’t understand, and nothing to do with me failing to multiply correctly.

To be fair you can't even use a quoting facility properly, I doubt you'd have much more chance in an argument. " skidbiscuit" .....rofl.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2011 13:30

My God, how will I get laid if I don't know how to use a forum properly? Chicks just love dudes who communicate entirely through the medium of the internet and think "rofl" is an acceptable form of patois.

I bet you don't even own a pair of shoes.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 26 Oct 2011 14:09

One thing that seems to be lost on a lot of people is how just because you're critical of a player doesn't mean you're 'slagging him off' or scapegoating him.

i think it's fair to raise the areas of Mills' game where he needs to improve just as much as it's fair to praise him for some of the good bits and highlight his strengths.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 26 Oct 2011 14:19

Extended-Phenotype My God, how will I get laid if I don't know how to use a forum properly? Chicks just love dudes who communicate entirely through the medium of the internet and think "rofl" is an acceptable form of patois.

not sure m8

I'm sure I speak for most women when I say its one of the first things I look for in a man

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Oct 2011 14:32

ROFL

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Oct 2011 14:34

This is fair. I actually quite like Mills - he's young and learning and I don't really understand why he's getting slated by everyone so badly. Lot of potential IMHO.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 26 Oct 2011 14:52

he is a work in progress, but I do find it worrying how often he is caught out of position

273 posts