Back from the game-saints

273 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game-saints

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2011 13:27

If you still hate Futcher ^^
Which Saturday are you talking about - last Saturday against Saints when he did at least OK or this Saturday against Palace when he was very good

Palace game

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 31 Oct 2011 16:19

too few people fail to allow shades of grey on this board. Funnily enough, you can critisise a player for his current performance and role in the teams success/lack of it and yet also recognise the potential and understand WHY he's kept in the team.

Right now I'd say left back is our weakest link in the XI and that is down to Mills. I feel that a better left back could help push us on that much sooner and wouldn't bet against our short term form being improved by the return of a motivated and rested Ian Harte.

At the same time I understand that Mills is very young, is part of an inexperienced and newly put together back 5 and has attributes that are far better than Ian Harte or any other available left back that's in our price range.

I feel it gets a little bit pathetic when 9 months down the line people go 'LOL LOOK AT THAT MUPPET WRITING XXXX OFF' sure you can point and say they were wrong, but if they've come to a reasonable judgement based on what they've seen fair play to them. It's the reason we're all fans and not professional scouts after all.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Oct 2011 16:41

lol- ive said when hes been at fault, and ive highlighted weak areas of his game,ive even suggested buying some competition for the lad on UR&G. ive also said where he has done well, the good things he brings to our game. so shades of grey are coming out my ears.
grey has little to do with the ridiculous criticism listed by snowball above though

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Oct 2011 16:58

melonhead lol- ive said when hes been at fault, and ive highlighted weak areas of his game,ive even suggested buying some competition for the lad on UR&G. ive also said where he has done well, the good things he brings to our game. so shades of grey are coming out my ears.
grey has little to do with the ridiculous criticism listed by snowball above though

I don't think they're as ridiculous as claiming Kebe to be a God!

The comments Snowball pulled out from earlier in the thread are obviously exaggerations for effect (to a certain extent) but you really can't take everything as literally as it's posted just when it suits you.

Mills has been poor and inconsistent. He's let himself down with some pretty sloppy play interspersed with some good moments. That will bring with in some criticism and a lot of the debate since the first few pages has been a reaction to those just blindly defending him and coming out with the 'give him time' and 'he's got great potential' lines. That may well be true, but it doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade and give an opinion on what might've been poor play.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Oct 2011 17:07

lol at thinking i actually believe kebe to be a deity

and i just disagree totally- cos hes been ok, with some poor moments, and some good moments.

but then you know that, cos ive said so before, and this is going circular again

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Oct 2011 21:15

melonhead lol at thinking i actually believe kebe to be a deity

Exactly, some of those posts above are not meant to be taken as literal statements but exaggerations for effect. Do you really think Focher thinks Mills is a Doc Martins player or that CayenneMatt's 9 year old can read the game better?

Most if the criticism was pretty fair, some of it a bit over the top, a few of them a bit daft, but only if you take them lierally should you have an issue with them.

As for being a scapegoat, considering the criticism of other players I still think that's a non-starter put forward by those that aren't really using any perspective when reading posts just so they can go off on one a bit.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Oct 2011 21:40

Mills is so bad we have gone 8 games undefeated, 8 games including games against

1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th in the league.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Oct 2011 21:45

Snowball Mills is so bad we have gone 8 games undefeated, 8 games including games against

Shite post, one player does not a team make. How many have we won also?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Oct 2011 22:34

FiNeRaIn
Snowball Mills is so bad we have gone 8 games undefeated, 8 games including games against

Shite post, one player does not a team make. How many have we won also?

How is it relevant how many we've won if one player doesn't make a team?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Oct 2011 22:50

Thank you for illustrating my point.

Tough game tomorrow...followed by birminham on sunday...we need to start picking up wins.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 01 Nov 2011 08:58

melonhead lol- ive said when hes been at fault, and ive highlighted weak areas of his game,ive even suggested buying some competition for the lad on UR&G. ive also said where he has done well, the good things he brings to our game. so shades of grey are coming out my ears.

Wasn't aimed at you Brends was more a dig at the Snowballs of this world!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Nov 2011 09:58

lol-them bloody snowballs! grrr

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 01 Nov 2011 11:08

melonhead lol-them bloody snowballs! grrr

brrrrrr more like ;)

273 posts