Furious with Kebe

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Furious with Kebe

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Dec 2011 11:57

juanpablo said himself he is going in January if he can so don't worry we will lose one of our only real talents

the club offered him an insulting contract of course he isnt oxf*rd interested on the pitch. What oxf*rd more did he have to do last season to earn a decent contract offer?

The club have let him know that your best and tearing people week in week out will still not get you a decent contract so why oxf*rd bother

oxf*rd Reading

Who's to say the contract is "insulting"? Jamie Cureton said the same .....
Last edited by Svlad Cjelli on 07 Dec 2011 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Dec 2011 12:18

bye bye kebe

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Dec 2011 12:20

rfc2001 Jimmy Kebe is unhappy because he's not been offered the contract he want's. Simply as that!

No he isn't, he's happy with the contract but unhappy otherwise

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Dec 2011 12:21

Silver Fox
rfc2001 Jimmy Kebe is unhappy because he's not been offered the contract he want's. Simply as that!

No he isn't, he's happy with the contract but unhappy otherwise

I thought he'd been offered the contract he wanted - but not for as long as he wanted.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2011 12:43

It isn't the same contract then is it?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Dec 2011 12:49

I ommitted the word "terms"

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2011 13:03

h could have more money, for short term, or long term, on less money
i think thats about as fair as we could manage to be in the circumstances

for a player who is currently not quite at his best i shouldnt think hes in much of a position to quibble.
the real problem is he probably just wants to go.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2011 13:04

Aha.

Isn't the length of contract one or the terms then? :wink:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 07 Dec 2011 13:41

melonhead just think thats bollox.

he seems almost exactly the same player to me, just not quite at his best due to his usual slow return from injury
if anything i think his delivery has improved slightly.
still get the flashes of brilliance coupled with occasional slip ups(often literally)
still get games where he running all over the place, terrorising full backs, and tackling back coupled withgames where he looks disinterested, and throws arm flapping tantrums.

hes exactly the same player, with exactly the same attitude and attainment imo, its simply that the team are doing badly in many peoples eyes, theres alot of frustration about, and as usual its the luxury player, and jimmy kebe, that gets it first/worst.

the article from wimb is good- though i dispute that 1 goal and 4 assists from 13 games is that far off his previous seasons records, considering his injury etc.

Fair kop Brends, though if you extrapolated that over the season (say he plays another 20 of the 26 games then He'd be on roughly 3 goals and 10 assists, which would be well off the goal pace from 09-11 but beating his previous marks in terms of assists. I personally don't think he's been near the quality of the first 18 months of Brian's reign but the stats show he's still creating or scoring 25% of our goals, which is the same mark as the last two years. Glass half full/half empty argument I suppose!

Stats only show you so much but it did make me wonder. (nosnowballo)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Dec 2011 14:24

If the press are to be believed then Kebe will be off to Leicester, WBA or Wigan either in January or in the summer.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Dec 2011 14:33

melonhead just think thats bollox.

he seems almost exactly the same player to me, just not quite at his best due to his usual slow return from injury
if anything i think his delivery has improved slightly.
still get the flashes of brilliance coupled with occasional slip ups(often literally)
still get games where he running all over the place, terrorising full backs, and tackling back coupled withgames where he looks disinterested, and throws arm flapping tantrums.

hes exactly the same player, with exactly the same attitude and attainment imo, its simply that the team are doing badly in many peoples eyes, theres alot of frustration about, and as usual its the luxury player, and jimmy kebe, that gets it first/worst.

the article from wimb is good- though i dispute that 1 goal and 4 assists from 13 games is that far off his previous seasons records, considering his injury etc.

Can't agree with that at all, he has been far worse this season than I have ever seen him. You talk about moments of brilliance...there have been next to none of these im afraid. Mcanuff has also been equally as bad. Now im not going to lay the blame entirely at their door. They need good, quick early ball out to them when they have space and they also need it consistently to keep them in the game. For one reason or anthoer our centre midfielders are absolutely incapable of providing this...probably because they are both amongst the poorest passers in the division for their position. Yes they run about a lot, break up play and win the ball but unfortunately when they get it they are so ineffective with it we don't piece together good attacking play and we don't give them the service. If you are going to rely on your wingers to be your main outlet then for gods sake give them the ball on the deck early...stop lumping it ffs. All that said, when kebe has got the ball 90% of the time he's done nothing with it. He was definitely one of my fav players to watch so I don't have it in for him...I just think he's been so bad this season we should have been blooding youngsters and we wouldn't have noticed.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 07 Dec 2011 15:19

I think it's fairly pathetic that anyone can get upset with a player for not applauding fans. Are we really that precious. Give me Jimmy Kebe over Andy Hughes any day.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Dec 2011 15:33

The Goat was fed I think it's fairly pathetic that anyone can get upset with a player for not applauding fans.

Not at all upset. They can all do one really, precious bunch of overpaid ninnies that they are. But *some* fans deserve a little clap or acknowledgement back for their genuinely loyal support in the face of negligible return for the vast outlay which supports the industry which provides these ungrateful chavs with the lifestyle that they have become accustomed to.

I was rather more saying it was indicative of a perceived disinterest and arrogance towards the club who gave him a go when we were a top flight side, taking him from the depths of Boulogne FC.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Dec 2011 17:10

floyd__streete
The Goat was fed I think it's fairly pathetic that anyone can get upset with a player for not applauding fans.

Not at all upset. They can all do one really, precious bunch of overpaid ninnies that they are. But *some* fans deserve a little clap or acknowledgement back for their genuinely loyal support in the face of negligible return for the vast outlay which supports the industry which provides these ungrateful chavs with the lifestyle that they have become accustomed to.

I was rather more saying it was indicative of a perceived disinterest and arrogance towards the club who gave him a go when we were a top flight side, taking him from the depths of Boulogne FC.

Perhaps the players all read Hob Nob and think we're a bunch of tossers.

Just a thought.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Dec 2011 23:27

melonhead h could have more money, for short term, or long term, on less money

for a player who is currently not quite at his best i shouldnt think hes in much of a position to quibble.

do you honestly think that nobody would take a punt on him if a year or 6 months down the line it didnt work out?

we can afford to offer him the terms for a short contract? So why not offer the longer contract keep him happy then when/if it becomes a problem financially for us SELL HIM FOR MONEY OR SIMPLY OFFER HIM TO CLUBS FOR NOTHING. We would only be liable for the rest of his contract if nobody even wanted him on a free which imo is very unlikely.

given the clubs interested in him already I think that's a small gamble to make. We have such a small time mentality

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Dec 2011 01:54

agreed ^

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 08 Dec 2011 06:22

No-one yet has mentioned that Kebe has a head shaped like a lozenge.

If that's not an invitation to fury I don't know what is.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Dec 2011 08:27

juanpablo

do you honestly think that nobody would take a punt on him if a year or 6 months down the line it didnt work out?

we can afford to offer him the terms for a short contract? So why not offer the longer contract keep him happy then when/if it becomes a problem financially for us SELL HIM FOR MONEY OR SIMPLY OFFER HIM TO CLUBS FOR NOTHING. We would only be liable for the rest of his contract if nobody even wanted him on a free which imo is very unlikely.

given the clubs interested in him already I think that's a small gamble to make. We have such a small time mentality

Except that it doesn't make much sense does it.

It's a ripple effect. Give Kebe 3 years on 10k a week and suddenly players X & Y want the same. If Kebe's value continues to plummet then you're left paying £600k a year for nothing and the rest of your squads wages have inflated, pushing up the terms that new players will be on as well.

Its frustrating to have financial constraints and there's an argument to be made to gamble but there's just as big an argument for following this current policy.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Dec 2011 10:08

juanpablo

its nothing to do with smalltime or big time, we just cant afford to
if you cant see the difference finacially/buiness wise between offering more money short term, or committing to it for years then im not sure i can help you
hes certainly not really done owt to deserve being given everything he demands this season, not yet anyway

and as i said in my last sentence- i think he just wants to leave, as hes said before, and i think this moaning is a bit of a smokescreen so he doesnt get criticism from the fans

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Dec 2011 13:08

"boo hoo, we all want the same contract as Jimmy!"

VS

"First Long, then Mills, now Kebe? Where's my f// suitcase."

Many footballers mum's may have smoked heavily during pregnancy, but they aren't that stupid and will appreciate some players are going to be paid more than others, and the club needs to do what it can to keep it's top stars and push up the table.

If that's what the club are interested in. We certainly don't act that way.