Back from the game - West Ham

156 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game - West Ham

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Dec 2011 22:01

Basingstoke Royal "Time to look on the bright side...just think of the poor Reading fans who have to watch that rubbish every week, have that pi$$ poor support every game and live in that cack place with that muppet Plod.

Now i know why i hate Ricky Gervais SO much"

Got to love completely brain dead fans like these who think opposition fans actually live in the surrounding areas directly outside the ground or in the middle of the town centre :lol: :lol:

Plonker, you keep clutching at those straws.

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 11 Dec 2011 22:15

URZZ
pace=forster
URZZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC-pe3x-TA8

Great video of the game btw

''Happy birthday Churchy!!'' :roll:

Lol yer, quite a few cringe phrases, along with the couple during the entrance to the ground but still, great footage![/quote]

"West Ham You Suck!" was a particular favorite of mine!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Dec 2011 23:02

southstand67
Hampshire Royal You do realise, Snowball, that none of the players you mention are English...

Imagine if it was a West Ham player who did that to (say) Pearce, and he then clattered him. What would be the reaction of Reading fans?

Isn't Pearce a Scot? :wink:

No, English with a Scottish father.
Hampshire Royal The bastrad!! :wink:

And Collison is of course Welsh.

He's about as Welsh as Hal Robson-Kanu (or Simon Church, or Jake Taylor). That is to say, he isn't.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 12 Dec 2011 00:25

Another view of sockgate from a West Ham fan

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2 ... erved.html?

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 12 Dec 2011 01:00

These East London types never fail to 'deliver' when they get turned over at Reading. Going off on one big-style. Lovely.

Even when they had that no-necked homunculus Bellamy scampering down the wing when they beat us pretty comprehensively when we were in the Hairband League, you had the sense that always seems to hang around their club like an old smell that they are mutton...dressed as Spam.

To see Allardyce there as a manager is funny enough. It dispels the 'myth' of West Ham - a load of media blather - as some kind of silken-skill heartland of Association Football. (Not that people like Julian Dicks and some of the dross they've had there over the years didn't already. Anton Ferdinand, anyone, in the 6-0 narrow home win?). Ahhh! The poor old hacks of Fleet Street (or wherever it is they tap out their mangled rhetoric these days), seeing their little London luvvies getting gang-raped at provincial grounds every so often in a while. They looked like hoofers and humpers on Saturday, a wooden, lumpen side of no-hopers who had the cutting edge of a spoon. At times it was like watching an inarticulate child struggle with his English homework while his father watched in disapproval. We are no great shakes, but against the Tubby Isaacs lX we ended up looking sharp and clean in the latter stages of a gloomy December afternoon in front of a bilious crowd and a mackerel sky, so all one can do really is thank the visitors for their willingness to implode in such unstylish fashion.

Nice to see some reasonable comments from some of them re: Kebe's little bit of banter, but to be fair, he was skinning them like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall on a rabbit shoot. It's nearly the f*cking panto season and so a bit of sock-based humour was good enough for this time of year.

Just before the sendings off I was just thinking that the game would be decided by some on-pitch violence. Up until then it had been pretty drab.

How pleasant to have been proved correct.

So here's to the claustrophobic shit-hole that is the East End. It brings us, periodically, games where we are able to exercise appropriate humiliation on visitors who (in the main) believe their own hype and don't seem to like it when it is ritually abused.

That, and pie and mash and liquor, which is far more palatable than watching West Ham United.

Cheers lads. Great to have you in town again. Probably have to pull your socks up in training this week when old Pie Face gets into work.

Socks Up Mother Brown!
Socks up Mother Brown!

(Etc.)

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Dec 2011 08:21

Ian Herring These East London types never fail to 'deliver' when they get turned over at Reading. Going off on one big-style. Lovely.

Even when they had that no-necked homunculus Bellamy scampering down the wing when they beat us pretty comprehensively when we were in the Hairband League, you had the sense that always seems to hang around their club like an old smell that they are mutton...dressed as Spam.

To see Allardyce there as a manager is funny enough. It dispels the 'myth' of West Ham - a load of media blather - as some kind of silken-skill heartland of Association Football. (Not that people like Julian Dicks and some of the dross they've had there over the years didn't already. Anton Ferdinand, anyone, in the 6-0 narrow home win?). Ahhh! The poor old hacks of Fleet Street (or wherever it is they tap out their mangled rhetoric these days), seeing their little London luvvies getting gang-raped at provincial grounds every so often in a while. They looked like hoofers and humpers on Saturday, a wooden, lumpen side of no-hopers who had the cutting edge of a spoon. At times it was like watching an inarticulate child struggle with his English homework while his father watched in disapproval. We are no great shakes, but against the Tubby Isaacs lX we ended up looking sharp and clean in the latter stages of a gloomy December afternoon in front of a bilious crowd and a mackerel sky, so all one can do really is thank the visitors for their willingness to implode in such unstylish fashion.

Nice to see some reasonable comments from some of them re: Kebe's little bit of banter, but to be fair, he was skinning them like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall on a rabbit shoot. It's nearly the f*cking panto season and so a bit of sock-based humour was good enough for this time of year.

Just before the sendings off I was just thinking that the game would be decided by some on-pitch violence. Up until then it had been pretty drab.

How pleasant to have been proved correct.

So here's to the claustrophobic shit-hole that is the East End. It brings us, periodically, games where we are able to exercise appropriate humiliation on visitors who (in the main) believe their own hype and don't seem to like it when it is ritually abused.

That, and pie and mash and liquor, which is far more palatable than watching West Ham United.

Cheers lads. Great to have you in town again. Probably have to pull your socks up in training this week when old Pie Face gets into work.

Socks Up Mother Brown!
Socks up Mother Brown!

(Etc.)
Post of the day!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Dec 2011 09:48

Love the ''we shouldn't be losing to the likes of Reading'' comments. It's happened so often I'd have thought they'd be used to it by now.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 12 Dec 2011 10:07

sandman Love the ''we shouldn't be losing to the likes of Reading'' comments. It's happened so often I'd have thought they'd be used to it by now.

He's got a point though. They should be losing to the likes of Barnsley, and probably will be next Saturday!

Lieutenant Pigeon

by Lieutenant Pigeon » 12 Dec 2011 10:30

Elmer Park Another view of sockgate from a West Ham fan

Spot on article!

C.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 12 Dec 2011 11:34

Ian Herring: Your post is superb. Better illustrated than I could ever hope to do.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 Dec 2011 18:32

Lieutenant Pigeon
Elmer Park Another view of sockgate from a West Ham fan

Spot on article!

C.

The guy who writes that is a friend of mine, was drinking with him and two other West Ham in South Reading before the game.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 13 Dec 2011 23:37

Stuka Ian Herring: Your post is superb. Better illustrated than I could ever hope to do.

Nice of you to say so, squire. Thank you.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 14 Dec 2011 07:55

Ian Herring
Stuka Ian Herring: Your post is superb. Better illustrated than I could ever hope to do.

Nice of you to say so, squire. Thank you.

One of the best posts I've ever read on here.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 15 Dec 2011 20:16

floyd__streete This was typical of our home games with West Ham really. Once again they turned up full of usual arrogance, played appalingly, behaved worse and their fans - all mouth for the first hour - left in a strop at 2-0. F*ck 'em; morally and financially bankrupt club with a nasty, violent fanbase.

I saw the hammers as a team of bullies, trying to intimidate us with their physical presence, but as soon as we stood up for ourselves they backed off. When the 1st goal went in their heads dropped and they lacked the fight to get back in the game. Did Jimmy take thepiss? i actually think he was genuinely adjusting his socks, i think he is that stupid, and lets be honest, he's not the sort of player that likes to get within a 100 yards of anything physical and he would know that provocation would invite that.
And as for their fans, Yes, they always try to 'lord-it' when they come to Reading, 'Reading's a shithole, i wanna go home''? This from a team based in Newham. Quite amusing to see their heroes giving it the 'come-on' from the safety of the other side of the fence, especially when all they have to do is come out the stadium walk round to the Reading fans where 'they could have plenty'. ( This actually applies to some of our own fans too).
Such a shame that we didn't have a chant of 'handball!--handball!--handball! before the 'best fans in the Championship' all disappeared early.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 15 Dec 2011 22:34

Gotta agree with Herring. Mainly because I think he could be a (not so) closet psycho but also because I think I said pretty much the same before.

If ever a team was living on past glories (i.e. Winning the World Cup) then West Ham are a prime example. A team I used to like. As mentioned before... Sunday lunchtimes and the Big Match with Brian Moore and it was always West Ham on. I grew up enthralled by the atmosphere of Upton Park.

Fast forward a few years and the ICF and Sir Trevor have pretty much done for my pre-teenage impression of them. A few visits to Upton Park in recent years have finally dispelled my Scorcher and Score view of them too.

What really did it for me tho is their one-eyed arrogant forum. Yes, I mean you KUMB. Yes, we're hicks from the country, that shouldn't really be allowed into the big league like you aristocrats. Clearly you don't know geographically where we are in the country and for this reason alone we probably shouldn't be allowed to play you. Sadly for you, we are allowed, and even more sadly for you, we usually beat you.

P.S. Here's a bit you can cut and paste in reply.... "He said what? Does he fucking know who we are? What a twat. He wants to be fronted up"

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Dec 2011 23:08

I think herri.g is more sex pest than psycho

156 posts