Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by southbank1871 » 19 Dec 2011 11:43

Tokyo Sex Whale I've read most of this thread as its given me some LOLs but my opinion has remained the same throughout -

Give a sh*t, get over it.

Massive +1 to this.

The fact of the matter is, if one of the West Ham players had done this, their fans and probably also the media, would be manically stroking one off.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Dec 2011 11:45

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah interesting to hear both Gooding and Williams educating Dellor on the 'unwritten rule' during Saturday's coverage of the game. Perhaps you guys and RL need to get in touch with them and tell them their making it up!

I know the unwritten rule is there. I completely acknowledge that and always have done. I just think it's a load of old bollocks.

I think the idea behind it is a load of bollocks, and nothing more than immature adults needing an excuse for being unable to control their reactions to someone having fun at their expense.

They are professionals, not thugs.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Dec 2011 12:13

Hoop Blah RR & GC, a few points on these latest comments.

1) cheating to gain an advantage over the opposition is different to just taking the piss. They all do what they think they can get away with in order to win a game but basically it's felt that needless piss taking is uncalled for and will quite often be dealt with on the pitch

2) players do get clobbered and berated for diving. It's typical that in this black and white analysis that people seem to be dismissing other forms of cheating and disrespect just because they aren't always as obviously dealt with

3) why didn't the other West Ham players react in the same way? Because as humans we all react differently at different times perhaps? Perhaps they didn't see it in the same way as Collison did, or perhaps they weren't just as bothered.

4) interesting to hear both Gooding and Williams educating Dellor on the 'unwritten rule' during Saturday's coverage of the game. Perhaps you guys and RL need to get in touch with them and tell them their making it up!

maybe they are talking about some oitdated and ridiculus rule from when they were actually playing

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Dec 2011 12:22

Reminds me of a game I played in my youth away at what was by miles the best team in the division. At half time we had somehow held them to 0-0, and despite conceding two penalties, both of which their captain had missed, the second after taking a bit of verbal stick from us as he lined it up.

A few minutes into the second half we managed to concede a third penalty, to which one of our players dramatically picked up the ball and sought our their captain, exaggeratedly offering him the ball 'for the hat-trick'. Their captain punched him hard in the face, and was promptly sent-off, completing a pretty miserable day for him.

We lost 3-0.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Dec 2011 12:42

melonhead maybe they are talking about some oitdated and ridiculus rule from when they were actually playing

Yeah that's probably more likely brendy...either that or those who are denying it's existance or influence in the incident are barking up completely the wrong tree!

Royal Rother I know the unwritten rule is there. I completely acknowledge that and always have done. I just think it's a load of old bollocks.

Fair enough RR, your response earlier made it seem more like you were in the RL et al camp of denying it really existed or could've played a part in the over the top and frankly stupid reaction from Collison (at least wait a few minutes before taking your retribution).

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Dec 2011 13:00

Royal Rother The only glee I detect is from the wakners on here who just love to sniff out ANYTHING that could be remotely construed as racist. It matters not a jot how tenuous or completely intended or indeed non-existant it might have been.

They love nothing better than to shout "RACIST".

Spot on.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Dec 2011 15:33

rfc2001
There fans are actually scum; undoubtedly the worst fans in English football and probably Europe (Bar Napoli). They should F*ck off back to their Sh*tty little council houses!

The fact they think they are a big club is just laughable. Ill give them the accolade for the biggest YOYO club though!!

Settle down, thats way over the top.

The problem with them is they believe they are something special...they aren't, they are like a lot of fanbases and they have masses amounts of random support based round the country, yet they are the first ones to hop on the chelsea fanbase bashing - hypocritcal much. I don't like them..they are an annoying set of fans..but the worst in europe? :lol: calm down.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Dec 2011 16:18

I heard West Ham fans raped a Pacific Reef Egret once. They supposedly mistook the Reef Egret for an Agami Heron, the dual colour morph of the former causing confusion, but everyone knows the Agami has whispy blue plumage, where the dual colours of the Reef Egret are grey or white, so it's no excuse really.

Egret abuse or poor ornithology, neither are acceptable as far as I am concerned.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Dec 2011 16:49

:lol:

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 19 Dec 2011 19:17

I see Allardyce as one of the most over rated and completely up-himself managers in my lifetime. He reckons he could manage Barcelona or England yet he's never really had any proper success as far as i can recall. Speaks with arrogance all the time, and i think he was more embarrassed that Reading were able to "Take the p1ss" more than anything.
hate west ham and always, but this whole situation was over the top... did Jimmy do much wrong? I don't think so at all. With that much space he could of done a handstand and still had the ball after it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Dec 2011 21:18

Absolute nonsense. he took defeat on the chin and although his team's aren't great to watch he actually has a pretty stunning record as it happens:

1994-96: Blackpool
G 102 W 44 D 23 L 35 Win 43%
Allardyce's first season in charge at Bloomfield Road, but he was sacked after his second when he failed to lead the side out of the Second Division. Still has the highest win percentage of any Blackpool coach.

1997-99: Notts County
G 145 W 56 D 39 L 50 Win 39%
After a brief spell at Sunderland as director of youth under Peter Reid Allardyce took over at Meadow Lane in January 2007. He arrived too late to save the team from relegation to Division Three, but they won the division with weeks to spare the following season.

1999-2007: Bolton
G 370 W 153 D 103 L114 Win 41%
Took Trotters to FA Cup semi-finals and First Division play-offs in his first season in charge, and won promotion to the Premiership the next season after beating Preston in play-off final.

After staving off relegation in their first Premier League season Bolton climb the ranks, finishing eight in 2003-04 and losing in the final of the Carling Cup. The following year they finished sixth and qualified for the Uefa Cup.

2007-08: Newcastle
G 24 W 8 D 6 L 10 Win 33%
Replacing Glenn Roeder in May 2007, Allardyce kicked out several players and bought several more, including Alan Smith and Joey Barton. Left in January after a run of bad results.

2008-11: Blackburn
G 90 W 32 D 24 L 34 Win 36%
Blackburn finished 15th in his first year in charge. Reached semi-final of Carlng Cup next year. 2009-10 season ends with Blackburn 10th. Sacked in December 2010 after Venky's takeover.

Steve Coppell's career win percentage, 39.98%, Sam Allardyce - 40.29%

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 20 Dec 2011 09:54

Royal Rother Absolute nonsense. he took defeat on the chin and although his team's aren't great to watch he actually has a pretty stunning record as it happens:

Allardyce's first season in charge at Bloomfield Road, but he was sacked after his second when he failed to lead the side out of the Second Division. Still has the highest win percentage of any Blackpool coach.

After a brief spell at Sunderland as director of youth under Peter Reid Allardyce took over at Meadow Lane in January 2007. He arrived too late to save the team from relegation to Division Three, but they won the division with weeks to spare the following season.

Took Trotters to FA Cup semi-finals and First Division play-offs in his first season in charge, and won promotion to the Premiership the next season after beating Preston in play-off final.

After staving off relegation in their first Premier League season Bolton climb the ranks, finishing eight in 2003-04 and losing in the final of the Carling Cup. The following year they finished sixth and qualified for the Uefa Cup.

Replacing Glenn Roeder in May 2007, Allardyce kicked out several players and bought several more, including Alan Smith and Joey Barton. Left in January after a run of bad results.

Blackburn finished 15th in his first year in charge. Reached semi-final of Carlng Cup next year. 2009-10 season ends with Blackburn 10th. Sacked in December 2010 after Venky's takeover.

Steve Coppell had a few relegation seasons remember, so 39.98%, whilst good, isn't incredible.

My Sunday League stats (for the record) are:

G 38 W 21 D 6 L 11 Win 55%.

League only is slightly better.

Just sayin.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Dec 2011 10:07

Sam Allardyce is also 68.6% Sea World attraction.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Dec 2011 10:16

Super Kevin Bremner!
Royal Rother Absolute nonsense. he took defeat on the chin and although his team's aren't great to watch he actually has a pretty stunning record as it happens:

Steve Coppell had a few relegation seasons remember, so 39.98%, whilst good, isn't incredible.

My Sunday League stats (for the record) are:

G 38 W 21 D 6 L 11 Win 55%.

League only is slightly better.

Just sayin.

SKB for manager when McD leaves!

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 20 Dec 2011 10:22

I have a job to finish with Tilehurst YM and am committed to seeing that through. I'm the Lee Clarke of the Sunday Leagues.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Dec 2011 10:24

:lol:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 20 Dec 2011 21:43

Steve Claridge has been banned for 8 shows.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Dec 2011 13:02

8 seems the fashionable number at the moment.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 25 Dec 2011 07:06

royalexile 8 seems the fashionable number at the moment.

R8cist!

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 29 Dec 2011 13:37

From the official site:

McDermott, keen to move on from the affair and focus on the team's form, reaffirmed that Kebe regularly fixes his socks, and eagled-eyed supporters will have noticed the winger do just that after only three minutes of the Brighton game on Boxing Day.

Writing in his programme notes for the Brighton game, his first notes since our win over the Hammers, Brian said, "Outside of Reading, the big talking point from the game was what happened with Jimmy Kebe and the tackle on him.

"Let me quickly clarify so we can all move on and get the focus back onto football. There is no way Jimmy was making fun of the opposition, and we would never condone any of our players doing that.

"Fixing his sock is just something Jimmy does, and there's a whole host of video footage to prove it. When he came on against Southampton he did it three times in ten minutes, for example. But most importantly, no matter what anybody thought he was doing, the tackle was outrageous, and so were some of the comments I heard.

"I've spoken to Jimmy since because doing it when the ball is in play might make it look like something it's not. But most of all I prefer to speak about the performance we gave, the fantastic support we had on the day, and a fabulous three points."

370 posts