RUMOUR - Noel Hunt to WBA

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Noel Hunt to WBA

by winchester_royal » 12 Jan 2012 16:31

SELL SELL SELL

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 12 Jan 2012 16:33

Why don't WBA just play Cox :?:

Anyway I like Hunt, was excellent against Ipswich IMO

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Jan 2012 16:43

cos hes not good enough for the prem.

they are thinking that maybe nhunt is.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2012 16:46

Whoever plays up front with Noel scores goals, that's been my observation of his performances in a Reading shirt.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 12 Jan 2012 16:47

There's some flawed logic there

(to MHs post)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Jan 2012 16:58

muddyfeet There's some flawed logic there

(to MHs post)

agreed

also dont rule out the huge possibility that this, like nearly every other rumour in papers, or websites is totally made up nonsense

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 Jan 2012 17:13

muddyfeet Why don't WBA just play Cox :?:

Anyway I like Hunt, was excellent against Ipswich IMO

Reassuring he earned his corn in one game anyway .....if only he was as prolific performing/scoring for Reading, as he is twittering .... :D

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Jan 2012 18:07

this would be the most ridiculous signing of the transfer window. he's a nice lad and i wish we had more personalities like him, but he's injury prone and has never really had a long run of form, or run in the side. watching him this season he is slow and very easy to mark. if anyone came calling for him and were prepared to part with £1m then you would be mad to turn it down.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 Jan 2012 18:50

This was in the Times transfer round up today.

The Times West Brom have made an approach for Reading striker Noel Hunt, who manager Roy Hodgson wants to reunite with Sean Long, a summer signing from Reading. It could prompt a series of transfers at the Sir John Madejski Stadium, with Reading's want-away winger Jimmy Kebe in talks with West Ham United. The Royals are closing in on a replacement after agreeing a £3m fee with Huddersfield Town for the in-demand Jordan Rhodes. West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur withdrew their bids for Rhodes last week, after refusing to guarantee him first team football.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foo ... 283998.ece

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Jan 2012 18:54

Z175 This was in the Times transfer round up today.

The Times West Brom have made an approach for Reading striker Noel Hunt, who manager Roy Hodgson wants to reunite with Sean Long, a summer signing from Reading. It could prompt a series of transfers at the Sir John Madejski Stadium, with Reading's want-away winger Jimmy Kebe in talks with West Ham United. The Royals are closing in on a replacement after agreeing a £3m fee with Huddersfield Town for the in-demand Jordan Rhodes. West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur withdrew their bids for Rhodes last week, after refusing to guarantee him first team football.

the only way i can see us breaking our transfer record for rhodes is if half the money was up front and the other half based on promotion, which as a pesimist, i don't see happening for a long time. we aren't interested at that price. exciting thought, but honestly.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 12 Jan 2012 19:00

Has Roy Hodgson lost the plot or is this a load of tosh.

I like Hunt, he's a nice guy but so's my mate who plays park football! Seriously sick of all this rubbish. If he scored more and wasn't so injury prone then yes but all he does is run around with hardly any end product. If WBA want him I say let him go whatever the price.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 Jan 2012 19:08

And there goes the credibility of that piece BEFORE it even mentions us signing Rhodes. :lol:

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 Jan 2012 19:11

ALOL. The chances of us signing Rhodes are the same as the chances of brendy slagging off Kebe :wink:

John Peel

by John Peel » 12 Jan 2012 19:16

All I can say after reading some of the current rumours is that football agents are bl*ody great at spinning it with the press to get their players sold. Some of these rumours are f*cking laughable :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2012 20:24

Hoop Blah This would be an amazing bit of business and could explain why we've bought Sheppard at the same time.

Hunt out and one of the QPR lads in for the rest of the season and we'd have had a right result.

Spot on. Hunt for decent money and a proven striker in... Bothroyd or Cox would be my preference over DJ. That would transform the slightly frustrating Sheppard signing into a great bit of business as a punt.

And it's an intelligent gamble from Hodgson. He knows Hunt and Long work well together and Hunt can play slightly deeper to pad out midfield when they don't have the ball. He also knows he'll cost a lot less than most players with the sort of pedigree he's going to be looking for. The Long link makes it plausible.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Noel Hunt to WBA

by Snowball » 12 Jan 2012 22:38

Make more sense if Noel was going there as Shane's lucky pard and Simon
came the other way

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 13 Jan 2012 00:33

No brainer for me. Sell. Nice enough guy and like Friday's legacy said has been good off the pitch but in four years has proved unreliable with his fitness wise and apart from a decent start to his career has never matched those heights. The right price could allow to do business elsewhere if we feel a weakness and I'm sure from his point of view despite his fondness of the club he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to try his hand at Premier League football.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Jan 2012 06:40

I am really starting to hate WBA and Wolves. It's like watching the end of Bullseye "here's what you used to have"

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2012 08:01

Noel is our best striker to partner Alfie so unless it is decent money with a half decent replacement.... Oh sorry forgot we have a Sheppard now

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jan 2012 08:58

This rumour has apparently been rubbished on some journos twitter feed (a journo who does the West Brom reporting like Fordham does for RFC). However they are after Maynard from Bristol City.