Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by tomrfcurz » 21 Jan 2012 18:29

FiNeRaIn Roman pavlyuchenko is a name I was hearing in the concourse earlier today. Apparently a close friend of the new investor, possible loan deal in the pipeline. Would welcome this. Him and Rhodes up front with bertrand left back and a creative centre mid would do nicely in this window.

LOL if Pavlyuchenko comes in. Can't see it happening whatsoever.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jan 2012 18:30

FiNeRaIn Roman pavlyuchenko is a name I was hearing in the concourse earlier today. Apparently a close friend of the new investor, possible loan deal in the pipeline. Would welcome this. Him and Rhodes up front with bertrand left back and a creative centre mid would do nicely in this window.

Now you are just taking the Michael!

under the tin

by under the tin » 21 Jan 2012 18:31

paultheroyal

Now you are just taking the Michael!

Mikhail, if you don't mind

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2012 18:31

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch Brian sounded very negative in that interview. I don't see how you can think otherwise. Yes we'd just been beaten, but that's happened plenty of times before & he's never sounded like that.

People are somewhat deluded if they think these new owners, having bought a majority shareholding will not start interfering.

Worried. :(

Sorry but if he was all happy and dandy after losing to a play-off rival then I'd be pretty pissed tbh.

It's not his place to get all giddy just at the thought of spending a bit of money, that's our job as fans, his is to make sure that whichever team he puts out there puts in a good performance.

He failed at that today, hence why he's probably feeling a little down.

This is the worst thing about times like these, everyone suddenly decides they're a clinical psychologist and make generalised comments based on a tone they picked up over the radio.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that then. I've never heard him sound so negative & I listen to his post match interviews every week.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:32

They most certainly can make money. Buy now, get promoted and sell for a profit. Or buy now, get promoted, establish as a PL club and sell for an even bigger profit.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 21 Jan 2012 18:33

I refuse to believe this until someone in the ticket office confirms it

under the tin

by under the tin » 21 Jan 2012 18:33

Ian Royal They most certainly can make money. Buy now, get promoted and sell for a profit. Or buy now, get promoted, establish as a PL club and sell for an even bigger profit.

Spot on, Ian

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 21 Jan 2012 18:34

do you ever take a day off from talking bullshit?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Jan 2012 18:35

Big Ern

I refuse to believe this until someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone in the ticket office confirms it

Corrected.

under the tin

by under the tin » 21 Jan 2012 18:36

Friday's Legacy

do you ever take a day off from talking bullshit?

There's some on here who never do :lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2012 18:37

under the tin
Ian Royal They most certainly can make money. Buy now, get promoted and sell for a profit. Or buy now, get promoted, establish as a PL club and sell for an even bigger profit.

Spot on, Ian

By which time JM will have sold the entire club & will have zero say on anything.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 21 Jan 2012 18:39

moo
Friday's Legacy meridian tonight have said that no further announcement will be made by the club until everything is signed in march.

Uncertainty is great for a club. Why couldnt they spend a bit of cash in this window and kept it quiet until post season ?

Maybe the new names on the team sheet would cause suspicion?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Jan 2012 18:39

Stop moaning....lap it up and enjoy it. We are finally making an effort to COMPETE with everyone else spending stupid money. We got no extra points for taking a moral approach to football for the last decade so fvck them all.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 21 Jan 2012 18:40

"Time will tell what impact the Russian investors will have. I know who they are.

"I have been here 11 years now and it is going to be a different situation.

"On the face of it, it seems to be good business for the club.

"It's a new era we are going into now and hopefully we will give the fans something to cheer about."

McDermott on Sky Sports
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... um=twitter

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:41

This is it, they're saying all the right things and it looks positive for TSI's time at the helm (pinch of salt though obviously), but like U&D I do have a worry about how long they're in for and whether they'll have the same standards as SJM when deciding to accept an offer from a potential buyer.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 21 Jan 2012 18:42

sandman
Big Ern

I refuse to believe this until someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone in the ticket office confirms it

Corrected.

Thats would be good enough for me. How much does it cost per letter to get a name on the back of your Reading FC shirt.

On an unrelated note. For Sale

Reading FC shirts with Koumas and Fowler on the back for sale. Best offers please.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Jan 2012 18:43

Ideal
FiNeRaIn We are finally making an effort to COMPETE with everyone else spending stupid money.

What the fukk do you know anyway, we've done NOTHING so far, so your statement holds no merit.

You need to calm down. Stop getting so worked up.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 21 Jan 2012 18:43

under the tin

Spot on, Ian

Sorry sell to whom?

And how would they next investor make a profit? Getting us to the champions league and selling us then? Who to?
It might happen, but its a damn sight more likely we'll go into administration when the russkies don't want to sink any more cash in!

I won't be renewing my season ticket for £600 I can tell you!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Jan 2012 18:43

I just feel a little cautious about all of this. Will we as supporters, be expecting just a little too much a little too fast. I take the frustrations of success on the pitch by McDermott as just a rueful comment about 'what if' concerning the timing. Cutting the best players and selling them off as a business need does not sit well when the club is ultimately judge by us the support as a success or failure. As a business model - it is prudence and admired as a well run club, but we stammer and stutter with the squad we have. Church for example will never reach the level of learning curve we expect from him, and in the time-frame involved. Perhaps the timing is off concerning the takeover and investment and would have been better coming after todays match.
The investment will be of benefit to the club in the long term - short term who knows. What business strategy and long term goal has been placed on the table - if any yet.
Players could be looking over their shoulders and in any period of transition it unsettles anyone in any job. If as had been inferred - the management structure will remain unchanged them all is well and good. The issue may arise when results are not forthcoming and patience is lost with the board.
Hopefully there will be a hands off policy concerning the everyday running of the club and the team selection is not controlled from above. I do not want to see this club run under a pressure environment where we end up playing musical chairs with the manager, pay structure and allegations of egos landing in the dressing room.

I hope these fears are not realised.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2012 18:44

tomrfcurz "Time will tell what impact the Russian investors will have. I know who they are.

"I have been here 11 years now and it is going to be a different situation.

"On the face of it, it seems to be good business for the club.

"It's a new era we are going into now and hopefully we will give the fans something to cheer about."

McDermott on Sky Sports
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... um=twitter

"On the face of it". I.e I'm not entirely convinced either.....which is exactly the same tone I got from the BBCRB interview.

5145 posts