If the Russians don't bring success......

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buying the league

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 14:37

peterroyal76 Warnock is a Cnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'greed

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Jan 2012 14:38

Ian Royal fielding an ineligible player and getting away with it than them buying the league.

That's why I hate West Ham, and that in any event didn't effect us, it affected Neil Warnock's Sheff Utd, who I was desperate to stay up, simply because I like Colin's post match interviews, his banter and his blatant dislike for Reading.

He would never come here.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 23 Jan 2012 14:39

skipper
Ian Royal fielding an ineligible player and getting away with it than them buying the league.

That's why I hate West Ham, and that in any event didn't effect us, it affected Neil Warnock's Sheff Utd, who I was desperate to stay up, simply because I like Colin's post match interviews, his banter and his blatant dislike for Reading.

He would never come here.

And the guaranteed 6 points.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: If the Russians don't bring success......

by Tredder » 23 Jan 2012 14:40

Bandini All-purpose fishing thread. Good decision.

I've covered as many purposes as i can, with the limited time frames i could/would be afforded, to be merged with Finch is my own personal HNA highlight.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Jan 2012 14:45

What was the general feeling among Rangers fans when the rich guys took over. Did they expect 'instant' success, or were they happy it took afew years?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 15:37

Tredder Not fishing, just a curious question.

Seeing as quite a few people suggested that we bought our promotion to the Premiership, despite Warnock not spending that much money, and that it wasn't the right way to get promoted.

What are your thoughts, should you now go and buy your way to the premiership?

Would it be hollow or would you just be happy to be back in the premiership at any cost?

One last question, should the new owners want their own man in, and that person was Warnock, would you all put together a hobnob petition to over rule the decision, or would you actually welcome him as he has the credentials to get you up?

WHat you will find is........people will moan on here about how other clubs do their business and if they spend a fair bit on money to get promotion, then they're success is hollow etc. But when it happens to Reading, it's ok.

I made a hypothetical point ages ago and the majority of fans said they wouldn't support the club if a b(m)illionaire came in and bankrolled the club. Now it looks possible this might happen, the goalposts have been moved.

As for Colin - same thing. Fans can't stand him, but he if he came to Reading and got promotion, then suddenly they will love him. The fickle World that is football.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jan 2012 15:43

Seeing as quite a few people suggested that we bought our promotion to the Premiership, despite Warnock not spending that much money, and that it wasn't the right way to get promoted.

What are your thoughts, should you now go and buy your way to the premiership?

Would it be hollow or would you just be happy to be back in the premiership at any cost?

One last question, should the new owners want their own man in, and that person was Warnock, would you all put together a hobnob petition to over rule the decision, or would you actually welcome him as he has the credentials to get you up?

a. Don't recall anyone ever claiming QPR bought the Championship. Seem to remember the exact opposite, laughing at how little you spent after all the boasting.

b. In my view, Reading are a different club to the standard buy-out; we have an ethos in place which I doubt money will change – I can’t see us buying players unless we need them, and even then it will more likely be reasonable money for new promise rather than the QPR tack of re-homing old also-ran mercenaries; we will keep the team bond. Shrewd squad building rather than buying trophies – that’s the way it will be.

c. I think anyone would prefer to get to and stay in the Prem through good management and academy. But realistically teams will always need to reinforce that with transfers. As a well managed club I’m sure transfers will only be a small portion of whatever success may come.

d. I don’t like Warnock, so I wouldn’t be best pleased. Though he is obviously decent, I don’t like his rough and direct style of football, didn’t really dig his often spoilt and disrespectful behaviour, and would be concerned after seeing him come unstuck so easily in the Prem. That said, the club comes first – I wouldn’t stop supporting it if they hired someone I thought was a fistpie.

It will be fun finding out what a well-run, team-based, player-loyal, hard work orientated, financially stable and solid performing club will do with financial clout – the clubs this usually happens to aren’t normally like that, so looking forward to seeing money meeting brains.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 15:47

point b) That's how you will see it being a blinkered Reading fan. 'Shrewd squad building' :lol: Other people won't see it like that.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 15:50

But other people don't care about little old reading m8, in fact i've never really worked out what your interest is?

No rattLOL-o

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jan 2012 15:54

To be fair this takeover is hardly making headlines across the media.

Nothing on the Telegraph website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpionship/

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 15:59

It's because no one knows how much money is in involved, it'll be a big story in March if the rumours are true.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jan 2012 16:05

No Fixed Abode point b) That's how you will see it being a blinkered Reading fan. 'Shrewd squad building' :lol: Other people won't see it like that.

What I mean is, I doubt we will be dashing out and signing a new squad – in keeping with the ‘Reading Way’, I expect the finance will be used to retain talent and replace what we have lost; something we have been unable to do so until now, and has probably been the clubs only shortcoming.

Why should anything else change?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 16:07

Extended-Phenotype
No Fixed Abode point b) That's how you will see it being a blinkered Reading fan. 'Shrewd squad building' :lol: Other people won't see it like that.

What I mean is, I doubt we will be dashing out and signing a new squad – in keeping with the ‘Reading Way’, I expect the finance will be used to retain talent and replace what we have lost; something we have been unable to do so until now, and has probably been the clubs only shortcoming.

Why should anything else change?

And when we do have holes in the squad we hopefully will no longer have to fill them with short term solutions.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 16:15

Harpers So Solid Crew To be fair this takeover is hardly making headlines across the media.

Nothing on the Telegraph website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpionship/

That's not a bad thing

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Jan 2012 16:23

That'll be because the deal is not completely done yet, all investors not revealed, any obcene amounts of money that maybe available not revealed + it's Reading and, tbh, if we were top of the Premiership the media still wouldn't take much notice of us.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 16:24

Barry the bird boggler if we were top of the Premiership the media still wouldn't take much notice of us.

:|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2012 16:32

roadrunner Kes, when will Abramovich be judged for not bringing home a european cup?

Here's their cLOLassic banner from last season. Always good for a laugh.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2012 16:34

Good start.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 16:38

sandman
roadrunner Kes, when will Abramovich be judged for not bringing home a european cup?

Here's their cLOLassic banner from last season. Always good for a laugh.

RattLOLed.

:lol: Of course. Reading fans didn't stage on pitch protest and bully Bullivant out of a job did they? Oh - you wouldn't remember, cos it's pre 2005. :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Jan 2012 16:41

No Fixed Abode :lol: Of course. Reading fans didn't stage on pitch protest and bully Bullivant out of a job did they? Oh - you wouldn't remember, cos it's pre 2005. :lol:

We were in the bottom 3 and heading towards relegation m8 :|