339 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfer news...

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 12:07

Bath Hoops
Vision
Royal Lady Bit of an anti-climax other than Jason Roberts really. :|

Honestly though what were you expecting?

Something that maybe took us beyond our rivals and the capability to really challenge to get automatic promotion. I hope I'm wrong but I really dont think these guys will give us the ability to get there.

how many points are we off automatic again?

how much improvement do you imagine is needed to make up that gap?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Jan 2012 12:08

We just need to not lose games we should win, and not lose games we should lose.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Jan 2012 12:08

No more messing around, get keith andrews in. No excuses, offer him what he wants and unveil him later.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Jan 2012 12:08

Apparently, Connolly has a minor injury.

I'm not complaining - just saying after all the hype - I'm not sure what I expected. At least Connolly can play anywhere in defence, which we need more than anything at the moment.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 12:08

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mcdermot- listen to this man- he knows his shizzle

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Jan 2012 12:11

Dare to Dr£am
tomrfcurz Simon Church to Swansea for £3.5mil??!???
https://twitter.com/#!/BigMoneyMoves/st ... 8623114240

Note to Brendan.

Come on Brendan. You know he is quality. He is worth at least 5M!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Jan 2012 12:11

melonhead
Bath Hoops
Vision

Something that maybe took us beyond our rivals and the capability to really challenge to get automatic promotion. I hope I'm wrong but I really dont think these guys will give us the ability to get there.

We're 5 points off automatic - having played one more game than most and two more than Brum. We're also 5 points off 12th place. :|

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Jan 2012 12:12

Bath Hoops
Vision

Such as? Who are these players that are going to want to come here and will assure us of what you want?

We dont know what funds the Russians have in mind if/when they take over. They've loaned us money (at 1% above base rate according to Dirk) as a show of faith ahead of the takeover. How much do you think the wages and transfer fees (especially in January) would be to get the sort of player you seem to be talking about given that we'd almost certainly have to compete against Premiership clubs or at best Parachute payment financed Championship clubs to attract them?

I think we'll have to wait until the summer assuming the deal goes through to know exactly how the new guys intend to go about things. In the meantime 3 players (with possibly the odd 1 or 2 more to come) who have pedigree at this level, cover areas where we needed them, are on relatively short term deals when added to Kebe's new deal, puts us on paper at least with a far better squad than the one that took us to 4th so far.

Once again I'm really not sure what peoples expectations really were if they're disappointed with this.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 31 Jan 2012 12:15

Bath Hoops
Vision

get this negative twaddle off my thread

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Jan 2012 12:15

FiNeRaIn No more messing around, get keith andrews in. No excuses, offer him what he wants and unveil him later.

He's gone to Ipswich though

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 12:16

Royal Lady
melonhead
Bath Hoops Something that maybe took us beyond our rivals and the capability to really challenge to get automatic promotion. I hope I'm wrong but I really dont think these guys will give us the ability to get there.

We're 5 points off automatic - having played one more game than most and two more than Brum. We're also 5 points off 12th place. :|

5 points off automatic, possibly 8
with saints wobbling, and everything tightening up there in the top 6

how much better do our new players have to be to make up that gap?
is there a formula to apply?

& not forgetting that there are the playoffs too

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Jan 2012 12:18

I am very happy with the transfer business done so far.

Do we really want to be Man City shelling out millions on average players.

Most of us have liked to RFC approach but just wanted to be able to at least retain our best players and plug any gaps. That looks to be the way it will go from now on and that is fantastic news as far as I am concerned.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Jan 2012 12:19

TBM
FiNeRaIn No more messing around, get keith andrews in. No excuses, offer him what he wants and unveil him later.

Turned them down apparently.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 31 Jan 2012 12:21

TBM

Hasn't been confirmed and as per above post, we are the two leading for his signature apparently.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 31 Jan 2012 12:23

I've loved this transfer window tbh. It really is remarkable how much shite people will believe if it's written on twitter.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 31 Jan 2012 12:27

Simon's Church I've loved this transfer window tbh. It really is remarkable how much shite people will believe if it's written on twitter.

It's not much that they believe it, but that it gives them something to gossip about.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 31 Jan 2012 12:28

Surprised that the Shevchenko link hasn't made it on here. Terms being discussed apparently.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 31 Jan 2012 12:32

Vision Such as? Who are these players that are going to want to come here and will assure us of what you want?

We dont know what funds the Russians have in mind if/when they take over. They've loaned us money (at 1% above base rate according to Dirk) as a show of faith ahead of the takeover. How much do you think the wages and transfer fees (especially in January) would be to get the sort of player you seem to be talking about given that we'd almost certainly have to compete against Premiership clubs or at best Parachute payment financed Championship clubs to attract them?

I think we'll have to wait until the summer assuming the deal goes through to know exactly how the new guys intend to go about things. In the meantime 3 players (with possibly the odd 1 or 2 more to come) who have pedigree at this level, cover areas where we needed them, are on relatively short term deals when added to Kebe's new deal, puts us on paper at least with a far better squad than the one that took us to 4th so far.

Once again I'm really not sure what peoples expectations really were if they're disappointed with this.

I know I got more excited when I read this :-

Talented Manchester United teenager Ravel Morrison is on the brink of joining Championship side West Ham.
Morrison is one of a quartet of players to travel to Upton Park for transfer deadline day negotiations, with Barnsley forward Ricardo Vaz Te, Genoa's Ze Eduardo and Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard all hoping to join the Hammers.

Now thats what I call going for it and thats why one promotion place will be taken.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Jan 2012 12:34

:|

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Jan 2012 12:35

Bath Hoops
Vision Such as? Who are these players that are going to want to come here and will assure us of what you want?

I know I got more excited when I read this :-

Talented Manchester United teenager Ravel Morrison is on the brink of joining Championship side West Ham.
Morrison is one of a quartet of players to travel to Upton Park for transfer deadline day negotiations, with Barnsley forward Ricardo Vaz Te, Genoa's Ze Eduardo and Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard all hoping to join the Hammers.

Now thats what I call going for it and thats why one promotion place will be taken.

Just imagine though if they didn't make it......

339 posts