Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by cmonurz » 06 Feb 2012 15:37

If I was caught 'boggling a bird', what would I be doing exactly?

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 06 Feb 2012 15:42

cmonurz If I was caught 'boggling a bird', what would I be doing exactly?

Urban Dictionary :arrow:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Feb 2012 15:45

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll never read another of Barry's posts in the same way.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 06 Feb 2012 15:46

I haven't read the last few pages, but as +1s go that seemed pretty random cmonurz.

Still, we're closer to the century so fair fvcks I guess.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 06 Feb 2012 15:56

Barry the bird boggler
The Cube Whilst remaining firmly in the optimist camp, some thoughts:

(a) The new glorious leader attended Bearwood College between 1998 and 2000. Given his age, this sounds a lot like he was in the sixth form for two years. So he was probably there between September 1998 and June / July 2000. So when did he "pay to go to Elm Park"?

(b) How long does it take someone that rich to get a visa?

(c) Reading between the lines of the announcement, Madejski cannot die before 2014. There's only one guy you can do that sort of deal with.

a) Reading didn't actually leave EP until August 1998, so it's quite possible for Anton to have visit the hallowed turf

b) Who knows, perhaps he didn't apply until it was an agreed deal and perhaps there's more to it than a normal Visa in his case.

c) Didn't read that into it myself.

When was the last opportunity to pay to go to Elm Park? May '98? A while before September '98.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Feb 2012 15:58

Red I haven't read the last few pages, but as +1s go that seemed pretty random cmonurz.

Still, we're closer to the century so fair fvcks I guess.

It's something I have questioned Mr Boggler about before, and not received a response. Page 90+ of a pretty aimless thread seemed an apt moment.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 06 Feb 2012 15:58

Bandini
Barry the bird boggler
The Cube Whilst remaining firmly in the optimist camp, some thoughts:

(a) The new glorious leader attended Bearwood College between 1998 and 2000. Given his age, this sounds a lot like he was in the sixth form for two years. So he was probably there between September 1998 and June / July 2000. So when did he "pay to go to Elm Park"?

(b) How long does it take someone that rich to get a visa?

(c) Reading between the lines of the announcement, Madejski cannot die before 2014. There's only one guy you can do that sort of deal with.

a) Reading didn't actually leave EP until August 1998, so it's quite possible for Anton to have visit the hallowed turf

b) Who knows, perhaps he didn't apply until it was an agreed deal and perhaps there's more to it than a normal Visa in his case.

c) Didn't read that into it myself.

When was the last opportunity to pay to go to Elm Park? May '98? A while before September '98.

Didn't you have to pay to get in for the Sheffield Wednesday game that was late July/early August?

If he went to bearwood between 98-2000 he might have come over for a few months beforehand to visit the place or stay with other friends in the area to see if he actually liked the area?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Feb 2012 16:11

Isn't he russian mafia?? Surely the "was in college" line is just a front so the po-po dont investigate him too much.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Feb 2012 16:23

Russian Mafia is just a lazy method of describing the Oligarchs.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 06 Feb 2012 16:27

Hopefully Reading FC will become Reading City FC

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2107 ... ity_status

The Cube

by The Cube » 06 Feb 2012 16:28

I realise that there were a number of "last game at Elm Park" events but I doubt if any of them were late enough for him to attend, unless as suggested he arrived early. Perhaps posters could list the number of sixth formers they know who arrived early for a start at school, so we can judge how likely that suggestion is.

The thing is that if he was around early, why go to Reading? Surely games in London would be more likely.

Now I don't really care if he went to Elm Park or not. What I do care about is fact and fiction. I don't believe the story, and I wonder why someone has thought it important to bring it up.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 06 Feb 2012 16:29

rfc2001 Hopefully Reading FC will become Reading City FC

Given they're not Reading Town now, I can't see why they'd change (other than at the behest of RBC to further their propaganda of course)

Good use of "townsfolk" in the article.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Feb 2012 16:44

Would he really just jet over from Russia on the first day of term?

Seems more likely he'd been around Reading prior to that time, or may have visited on other non-school related occasions.

Or perhaps he's never claimed to have attended a match at EP. Let's give the man a chance to defend himself.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Feb 2012 16:55

Red

Given they're not Reading Town now, I can't see why they'd change (other than at the behest of RBC to further their propaganda of course)

And very aptly titled Ladbrokes public affairs manager - Richard Royal, formerly from Reading, said: “It’s one-way traffic for Reading. Champagne corks will be popping on us if the gamble is landed.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 06 Feb 2012 16:58

The Cube I realise that there were a number of "last game at Elm Park" events but I doubt if any of them were late enough for him to attend, unless as suggested he arrived early. Perhaps posters could list the number of sixth formers they know who arrived early for a start at school, so we can judge how likely that suggestion is.

The thing is that if he was around early, why go to Reading? Surely games in London would be more likely.

Now I don't really care if he went to Elm Park or not. What I do care about is fact and fiction. I don't believe the story, and I wonder why someone has thought it important to bring it up.

He went with Tommy Burns I believe.
Sorry if someone else has already done that one.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 06 Feb 2012 17:09

Red

Isn't their already a Reading Town Fc competing in the lower leagues somewhere. Irrelevant I know.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Feb 2012 17:10

The Cube I realise that there were a number of "last game at Elm Park" events but I doubt if any of them were late enough for him to attend, unless as suggested he arrived early. Perhaps posters could list the number of sixth formers they know who arrived early for a start at school, so we can judge how likely that suggestion is.

IIRC a journo asked if Anton had paid money to see Reading, and Madejski said yes.

Hardly a well crafted piece of systematic propaganda.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Feb 2012 17:19

Maguire Would he really just jet over from Russia on the first day of term?

Seems more likely he'd been around Reading prior to that time, or may have visited on other non-school related occasions.

Or perhaps he's never claimed to have attended a match at EP. Let's give the man a chance to defend himself.

he didnt- was mentioned at press conference, samuelson said hed payed to go before, "probably at elm park" was added by journo, or samuelson/JM, probably just assuming from the college date...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Feb 2012 17:26

melonhead
Maguire Would he really just jet over from Russia on the first day of term?

he didnt- was mentioned at press conference, samuelson said hed payed to go before, "probably at elm park" was added by journo, or samuelson/JM, probably just assuming from the college date...

Yes, it was Chris Samuelson who saidAnton had gone to watch them at Elm Park.

If people want to know what years Anton attended Bearwood College, maybe someone can find their way into the members section of their alumni website, maybe he will feature there.

At least their alumni association has a very apt name!

http://www.oldroyals.org.uk/

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 06 Feb 2012 17:45

''Ladbrokes public affairs manager Richard Royal, formerly from Reading, said: “It’s one-way traffic for Reading. Champagne corks will be popping on us if the gamble is landed.''

Richard Royal, formerly from Reading....???????? F*ck off that's made up.......bollox

5145 posts