RUMOUR - McDermott to Wolves

1271 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - McDermott to Wolves

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Feb 2012 10:55

Curbishley allegedly turned them down as he didn't agree with their vision

Warnock went to Leeds

Bruce was allegedly not happy with only being offered the job until the end of the season

McDermott may well talk to Wolves, it's in his interests to do so when also negotiating renewal of a 1 year rolling contract with Reading. As I have said previously if Reading talk the talk then he won't go - and tbf - while Wolves have more history and so are seen as being a "bigger" club there's nothing they can offer that Reading can't match other than 3 months of Premiership football (and bear in mind the transfer window is shut and I don't think loans in are an option in the PL meaning that whoever takes over there will have to work with the current playing staff which will take time).

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 21 Feb 2012 10:56

TBM Does anyone know what Fordhams [hna] username is?

norma stit

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 21 Feb 2012 10:57

The truth comes out

http://www.the-gaffer.com/news/wolves-m ... ience.html

“What on earth would I get out of working for free?” said the former Charlton manager who has earned just £90,000 in the past year for his bi-monthy appearances on Sky Sports News. “It’s just a load of demeaning, menial tasks like laying out the cones for training, motivating the players and picking the team.
“Frankly, I could be doing all that on the Fifa 12 manager mode, and still have time to watch Countdown and Pointless. And I regularly do.”

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Feb 2012 11:00

I thought it was Ups and Downs, or did he give it to Jay?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Feb 2012 11:00

Dunno, but he probably used to mention his media chums a lot..

Pardsme

by Pardsme » 21 Feb 2012 11:01

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 21 Feb 2012 11:02

Wimb The truth comes out

“What on earth would I get out of working for free?” said the former Charlton manager who has earned just £90,000 in the past year for his bi-monthy appearances on Sky Sports News. “It’s just a load of demeaning, menial tasks like laying out the cones for training, motivating the players and picking the team.
“Frankly, I could be doing all that on the Fifa 12 manager mode, and still have time to watch Countdown and Pointless. And I regularly do.”

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS have been accused of exploiting the vast numbers of unemployed football coaches by offering their manager’s job on an unpaid basis.

The club, the largest and most profitable in England, has previously been accused of running a monopoly...

This is a piss take website, right?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Feb 2012 11:04

Pardsme http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17112269

Exit looming ever closer :cry:

Doesn't really say anything more than the articles already listed elsewhere in the media

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Feb 2012 11:05

Brillaint article by WIMB on Tilehurst End - sums it all up for me. Will not blame Brian if he goes but really hope that RFC see his value and give him a matching contract to stay.

http://thetilehurstend.co.uk/2012/02/21 ... n-a-royal/

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 21 Feb 2012 11:05

That's a load of BS.

McDermott has not managed in the Premier League before, but Reading striker Noel Hunt said he "would not be surprised" if he left.

"They are in the Premier League and every club wants to be there. That is the same for players and managers," Hunt told BBC Radio Berkshire.

Noel Hunt's Twitter says today was the first he heard of the McDermott link. I doubt the BBC have managed to get hold of him in double quick time, let alone he be allowed to express that opinion when the club are being so coy about all of this.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 21 Feb 2012 11:07

Barry the bird boggler Curbishley allegedly turned them down as he didn't agree with their vision

What do you think their vision is? Apart from desperately wanting to stay in the Premier League.

And why wouldn't that be Curbishley's first priority?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Feb 2012 11:08

Cobi

That's a load of BS.

McDermott has not managed in the Premier League before, but Reading striker Noel Hunt said he "would not be surprised" if he left.

"They are in the Premier League and every club wants to be there. That is the same for players and managers," Hunt told BBC Radio Berkshire.

Noel Hunt's Twitter says today was the first he heard of the McDermott link. I doubt the BBC have managed to get hold of him in double quick time, let alone he be allowed to express that opinion when the club are being so coy about all of this.

I think he was on BBC Berks this morning and they would therefore have taken those comments from his interview on there.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 21 Feb 2012 11:08

And yet after the Burnley game he sounded like a kid in a sweetshop with his excited "I've been waiting to get Jason Roberts for a long time"

I just can't see it happening, too much working against it when he's got a solid base here.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Feb 2012 11:09

Cobi
Wimb The truth comes out

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS have been accused of exploiting the vast numbers of unemployed football coaches by offering their manager’s job on an unpaid basis.

The club, the largest and most profitable in England, has previously been accused of running a monopoly...

This is a piss take website, right?

lol, you didn't really need to ask that

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 21 Feb 2012 11:09

In other news Nicky Shorey is having a medical at West Ham

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Feb 2012 11:10

Cobi

Noel said this on BBCRB this morning. He was on there anyway to talk about meeting Prince Charles yesterday so they asked him about McD obviously. He confirmed it was the first he had heard about it and gave his honest view of the situation.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Feb 2012 11:10

If this post is overtaken by events in the next 24-72 hrs, then so be it, but I suspect that this whole thread is part of the story; the story of course being the ravenous desire by the media to fill airtime with never-ending speculation about events that may have the merest grip on reality if at all, and which is compounded by our desire as consumers to be told everything on demand.

I'm willing to stake a hypothetical wager that all of this is conjecture, specualtion or simply BS, created by individuals who simply look at any given situation, look at a few feasible possible outcomes, use the various social network outlets to post their thoughts - usually backed up with the classic "my source tells me...." - to give their witterings an air of gravitas and weight, which is then picked up by others, re-cycled, embellished, re-posted and re-tweated until ITS A FACT, simply in order to "sell newspapers", fill in air time, or justify their jobs.

It is only because in this instance, little ol' Reading have become entangled into this particular story, that we can actually watch at close quarters - fascinated and not a little bewildered - the way this form of "reporting" works.

A view in which the modern media World works, and very unedifying it is as well.....

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 21 Feb 2012 11:10

I am more worried about the likelyhood of Madejski pulling out of the TSI deal (RFC is the only thing going well for him at the moment) than McD leaving for Wolves. I am however worried about both :cry:

Football is ups and downs, and it's amazing how often the downs come in the middle of a great big up!

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 21 Feb 2012 11:11

Mr Angry If this post is overtaken by events in the next 24-72 hrs, then so be it, but I suspect that this whole thread is part of the story; the story of course being the ravenous desire by the media to fill airtime with never-ending speculation about events that may have the merest grip on reality if at all, and which is compounded by our desire as consumers to be told everything on demand.

I'm willing to stake a hypothetical wager that all of this is conjecture, specualtion or simply BS, created by individuals who simply look at any given situation, look at a few feasible possible outcomes, use the various social network outlets to post their thoughts - usually backed up with the classic "my source tells me...." - to give their witterings an air of gravitas and weight, which is then picked up by others, re-cycled, embellished, re-posted and re-tweated until ITS A FACT, simply in order to "sell newspapers", fill in air time, or justify their jobs.

It is only because in this instance, little ol' Reading have become entangled into this particular story, that we can actually watch at close quarters - fascinated and not a little bewildered - the way this form of "reporting" works.

A view in which the modern media World works, and very unedifying it is as well.....

Please leave your rational thought at the door.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 21 Feb 2012 11:12

Wycombe Royal
Cobi

That's a load of BS.

I think he was on BBC Berks this morning and they would therefore have taken those comments from his interview on there.

Noel has said he only heard about McD to Wolves on his twitter feed after training today.

1271 posts