If Mcdermott goes, who would you get to replace him?

252 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: If Mcdermott goes, who would you get to replace him?

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 21 Feb 2012 20:04

Friday's Legacy
royalp-we Parky & Mad dog

martin allen had better not ever come near this club again in any coaching capacity.

To be fair, some accounts suggest he struggled to do that even when we employed him.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 21 Feb 2012 21:03

Wally and Mad Dog please

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 22 Feb 2012 03:37

This thread got moved too? It had been posted on the team sub-forum for over a month. :?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Feb 2012 06:54

Curbishley - just to pi$$ Wolves off that we got their first choice

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 Feb 2012 07:24

There's only one man for the job.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Feb 2012 07:39

Gianfranco Zola to add to the previous

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Feb 2012 08:51

Tell you what, my favourite would be Glenn Roeder

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 22 Feb 2012 10:32

chilipepper91 Wally and Mad Dog please

Our next match against Leeds would be entertaining...

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 22 Feb 2012 11:03

On the replacement I'll put this here instead - Same friend and reliable source says:

Not much gets out of Reading to be honest but the talk up here is Reading have approached Big Mick as a contingency if they lose Brian McDermott. Ray Wilkins has been mentioned as being interested in returning to management (with Wolves), but he's a southerner and Reading is a good set-up so I wouldn't be surprised if he too wasn't on Reading's radar. I'll let you know if anything more substantial comes out but as I said, Reading keep things very in house.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 22 Feb 2012 11:06

Dare to Dr£am On the replacement I'll put this here instead - Same friend and reliable source says:

Not much gets out of Reading to be honest but the talk up here is Reading have approached Big Mick as a contingency if they lose Brian McDermott. Ray Wilkins has been mentioned as being interested in returning to management (with Wolves), but he's a southerner and Reading is a good set-up so I wouldn't be surprised if he too wasn't on Reading's radar. I'll let you know if anything more substantial comes out but as I said, Reading keep things very in house.

what a load of old shite.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 22 Feb 2012 11:09

Isaac Hunt
Dare to Dr£am On the replacement I'll put this here instead - Same friend and reliable source says:

Well he knew Long was signing for WBA 2 days before it broke. He also knew Andrews was in West Bromich when we all thought he was here in Reading. He's a good friend and a reliable source. All Reading have done is sound out potential replacements, which is what you would expect them to be doing, just in case we lose our manager. Or would you rather we lose McD and then go two weeks managerless, while our season falls to pieces?

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 22 Feb 2012 11:19

Dare to Dr£am
Isaac Hunt

Well he knew Long was signing for WBA 2 days before it broke. He also knew Andrews was in West Bromich when we all thought he was here in Reading. He's a good friend and a reliable source. All Reading have done is sound out potential replacements, which is what you would expect them to be doing, just in case we lose our manager. Or would you rather we lose McD and then go two weeks managerless, while our season falls to pieces?

Well let's hope to christ he's not right this time. Mick or Ray.... oxf*rd me, shocking choices IMHO.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 22 Feb 2012 11:21

Dare to Dr£am
Isaac Hunt

A Blind Gibbon could have told you Long was signing for West Brom 2 days before he did it wasnt the best kept secret now was it..

Mind you the Gibbon would probably have more brains that the people who live in Brum and surrounding area :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Feb 2012 11:21

Wilkins wouldn't be a bad choice IMHO - look at how poor Chelsea have been doing since he was sacked

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 22 Feb 2012 11:24

He certainly would fit into the role of follicly challenged/unenthusiastic managers.

Plus it would get him off sky which would be a blessing.
Last edited by 1871 Royal on 22 Feb 2012 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 22 Feb 2012 11:24

TBM Wilkins wouldn't be a bad choice IMHO - look at how poor Chelsea have been doing since he was sacked

I think that's due to the way in which he left as opposed to his contribution. I'd imagine he was a popular / nice chap to have around.

Seems like a lovely chap - clearly likes to play football - possibly a decent coach... but just can't see him being cut out for a managers job.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Feb 2012 11:25

Wilkins, a bit like Mclaren, has done well at a coaching level but hasn't cut it as a manager in his own right.

I've had a punt on Wolves appointing Dave Jones (at ridiculous odds) as a last resort. He's available, relatively cheap and has a previous record of success at the club and doesn't have a bad record elsewhere.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 22 Feb 2012 11:26

Isaac Hunt
TBM Wilkins wouldn't be a bad choice IMHO - look at how poor Chelsea have been doing since he was sacked

I think that's due to the way in which he left as opposed to his contribution. I'd imagine he was a popular / nice chap to have around.

Seems like a lovely chap - clearly likes to play football - possibly a decent coach... but just can't see him being cut out for a managers job.

But we all said that about McD.........its the nice quiet ones that normally carry the most respect that the players tend to play best for.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 22 Feb 2012 13:33

I think Wilkins would be a very good choice. A friend of mine works in the Chelsea academy and he speaks very highly of Wilkins as do all of the first team Chelsea players that worked with him and he thinks he would make a very good manager too.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 22 Feb 2012 13:58

who is big Mick???

252 posts