Football Rumours Shoite thread

1031 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Football Rumours Shoite thread

by sandman » 27 Feb 2012 18:08

W&E Royal
WoodleyRoyal decent player shit attitude no thanks

Why has he got a shit attitude? Since when? Really good player at this level, would be amazing.

Bombed out at Arsenal after he threw his shirt at Don Howe and went around a few clubs including going over to Italy because he was a trouble maker. I suspect most on here are pi55ed off with him because he (not entirely innacurately) insulted our style of play a few years ago (aka the Nigel Quashie effect).

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Feb 2012 18:15

W&E Royal

Why has he got a shit attitude? Since when? Really good player at this level, would be amazing.

You tell me but I think some of this stuff might be a reason for my comment!

A player who had the world as his feet as a youngster but his attitude let him down, apart from his spell at Coventry (where he spent three years) he has never been at a club for more than two years. At 28 he has played for 9 clubs and that in the last 10 years. And then there is this stuff:

Having initially been on the books at Arsenal, at eighteen years of age, Bothroyd was sold to Coventry City after throwing his shirt at youth coach Don Howe and the bench having been substituted in the 2000 Premier League Youth Cup final against West Ham United.
He joined Blackburn Rovers in August 2004 on loan from Perugia. After getting sent off against Norwich City for violent conduct, after kicking opposing midfielder Mattias Jonson, he was unable to cement a place in the first team and returned to Perugia at the end of the season
During his time at Perugia, he befriended then-Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi's third son, Al-Saadi Gaddafi. At the end of October 2011, Bothroyd said of Al-Saadi: "Saadi is a friend of mine. I saw him about 10 months ago when he was in London. All this drama. His dad is obviously a tyrant and he dictated over his countrymen through fear but Saadi was never like that. He was always friendly and polite. When he bought his house in Hampstead he asked me what I thought of it. He even came to my wedding. Obviously he used to have parties and stuff and he would invite me to Cannes to watch the Grand Prix. For his birthday he would fly me over on his plane. People who don’t know him might say he’s like this or like that or like his dad, but I’ve never seen that. I looked at him like a friend. He wasn't the best [footballer] but he did it as a hobby. He’s a billionaire but it was something he wanted to do. He wanted to play football, to come in every day and train. And he did it, to be fair. He never expected any special treatment. But obviously there were his bodyguards around. It is very strange for me. People will say to me, 'how can you be friends with this guy?' But you can only judge people on how you see them. He was always nice to me. I never met his brothers or his dad, they must be completely different. It has been weird. He paid for my honeymoon. He asked me what we were doing for it and I told him we hadn’t decided yet. So he said he’d sort something out for me. He paid for us to go to LA for a week and then on to Hawaii. All first-class travel and top hotels. It was very generous. That’s the side I see of him. I don’t see the other side. I don’t know it. There’s always corruption where there’s power, so you never know. His country want him back to prosecute him but they want to kill him apparently. It’s all politics and I don’t really know about it. I just know that innocent people should never get hurt

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Feb 2012 18:21

Um, I think he comes across quite well in that last bit...not sure why you are using it as a negative?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Feb 2012 18:23

Muguire It's plausible because if we wanted him then he is affordable, where as the likes of Owen isn't (likely). :roll:

To say Bothroyd isn't worth £1.5m of anyone's money at this level is quite frankly ridiculous :!:

Who is going to pay 1.5 million when he was available for free in the summer and has hardly proven himself at QPR?

He's a good player when in the right frame of mind, but due to his age, history and the fact no one is going to effectively give QPR 1.5 mill when he was available for free.... its not going to happen. The figure is completely made up.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Feb 2012 18:43

FiNeRaIn Um, I think he comes across quite well in that last bit...not sure why you are using it as a negative?

Um, think that says more about you than me. HTH

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 29 Feb 2012 19:42

29 Feb 2012 18:22:09
David Bentley is set to sign for League 1 side Walsall on a months loan

Reply: Spurs have had three enquiries for David Bentley. One from Reading, Forest and P'Boro. He wont drop to League 1.

the ip address of the reply is the editor of the website who when he replies to something tends to be there or there abouts. i'm not sure why we would be interested in bentley though. he's a winger isn't he?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Feb 2012 19:58

Friday's Legacy
Ian Royal
Friday's Legacy 27 Feb 2012 11:58:10
Reading have been knocked back in a bid to sign Jay Bothroyd on loan until the end of the season with a view to a £1.5m permanent signing in the summer.

sounds plausible. unreliable source mind.

How on earth does that sound plausible?

well how doesn't it? loan to perm, affordable, not in the first team picture at his parent club. IF we were after a striker, then it would be very plausible.

1) We signed Jason Roberts.
2) Roberts and Hunt are forming a successful partnership.
3) We have lots of strikers.
4) Can't see us committing to spend that much money, even in the summer until the buy out is official.
5) Doesn't strike me as a "Reading" signing.
6) Can't see us making another signing this season unless we have an injury crisis.
7) It's on a website which is renowned for being full of spurious bullcrap made up by know nothing teenagers desperate for attention.

Will that do for you, or do you want me to put more than 3 minutes thought into it?

Muguire

by Muguire » 29 Feb 2012 20:13

Friday's Legacy 29 Feb 2012 18:22:09

Reply: Spurs have had three enquiries for David Bentley. One from Reading, Forest and P'Boro. He wont drop to League 1.

the ip address of the reply is the editor of the website who when he replies to something tends to be there or there abouts. i'm not sure why we would be interested in bentley though. he's a winger isn't he?

A red top linked us with a loan move for Bentley when West Ham sent him back to Spurs. It's probably a recycled rumour.

Ian Royal
4) Can't see us committing to spend that much money, even in the summer until the buy out is official.
6) Can't see us making another signing this season unless we have an injury crisis.
7) It's on a website which is renowned for being full of spurious bullcrap made up by know nothing teenagers desperate for attention.

Will that do for you, or do you want me to put more than 3 minutes thought into it?

1) But we were strongly rumoured to be after another striker: Rhodes and Sharp mainly. So to say we still wouldn't be after a striker if one came along that we felt would bolster our chances is a tad naive, Ian "Chip on his shoulders" "I don't go to games much but I read the internetz" Royal.

2) Great. Other than Le Fondre every other striker is a bag of piss and wont be here long once the money is freed up to allow a rebuild.

3) See above.

4) We were spending that much before TSI came along. In any case, the takeover will be announced before the end of the season, so your point is completely invalid. As usual.

5) 'greed. Trouble off the field in the past. Quality at this level though. A loan however would be low risk.

6) 'greed. Unless a player comes along that is too good to turn down, or that would give us something different.

7) You're a boring tedious little cretin. Night :!:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Feb 2012 21:08

Muguire

A red top linked us with a loan move for Bentley when West Ham sent him back to Spurs. It's probably a recycled rumour.

Ian Royal

1) But we were strongly rumoured to be after another striker: Rhodes and Sharp mainly. So to say we still wouldn't be after a striker if one came along that we felt would bolster our chances is a tad naive, Ian "Chip on his shoulders" "I don't go to games much but I read the internetz" Royal.

2) Great. Other than Le Fondre every other striker is a bag of piss and wont be here long once the money is freed up to allow a rebuild.

3) See above.

4) We were spending that much before TSI came along. In any case, the takeover will be announced before the end of the season, so your point is completely invalid. As usual.

5) 'greed. Trouble off the field in the past. Quality at this level though. A loan however would be low risk.

6) 'greed. Unless a player comes along that is too good to turn down, or that would give us something different.

What has this guy done to deserve all the praise he gets on here?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Feb 2012 21:56

Alf still has a very healthy set of stats for goals and assists per minute played

And he's being messed around a fair bit, would do better with a long run in the side.

I WOULDN'T, ATM, drop Hunt. I rate Hunt highly, but Alf is a bloody good striker

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2012 09:24

What has this guy done to deserve all the praise he gets on here?

looks like he knows where the goal is, and how to stick the ball into it

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Mar 2012 10:51

Let's not forget that the supposed injection of finances into the team will enable Brian to generally raise the quality bar across the team and therefore those players who may look decent currently may well be moved on in order to bring in other players who are technically superior. Therefore the fact we may have 1 striker or 20 of them is neither here not there if the right player is available that would improve the squad options in Brian's mind.

For the record though I don't believe we will make any further loan additions before the window closes (22nd March?) unless we suddenly hit an injury crisis.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2012 11:31

Muguire

Ian Royal

3) See above.

I could take apart most of those points, but seeing as you're an unpleasant wind up merchant who thinks it's hilarious to pretend to be Maguire, I won't bother because it won't be worth the effort.

Well lets see if it happens, or if anything else reports it or if we sign any other strikers before the summer shall we.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Mar 2012 07:44

sandman
W&E Royal

Bombed out at Arsenal after he threw his shirt at Don Howe and went around a few clubs including going over to Italy because he was a trouble maker. I suspect most on here are pi55ed off with him because he (not entirely innacurately) insulted our style of play a few years ago (aka the Nigel Quashie effect).

Can't see Nigel backing a deal if JB fell out with Don

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Mar 2012 08:56

i heard robbie fowler is training at blackpool with a view to a permenant deal.

could we nip in and finally get him past that medical?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 02 Mar 2012 11:38

Shame most of it appears to be rubbish. This one would be great if true:

02 Mar 2012 11:57:10
Oxford United are very close to entering administration. They've been fending off the bank and previous owner (Kassam) with them calling in loans. Unless a new investor or buyer can be found in the next few months the club is in big trouble Kassam is also threatening to evict Oxford from the using the Kassam Stadium next season if the loans are not repaid.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Mar 2012 12:26

Cobi Shame most of it appears to be rubbish. This one would be great if true:

Oxford United are very close to entering administration. They've been fending off the bank and previous owner (Kassam) with them calling in loans. Unless a new investor or buyer can be found in the next few months the club is in big trouble Kassam is also threatening to evict Oxford from the using the Kassam Stadium next season if the loans are not repaid.

Let's hope our Russian doesn't get a change of heart and turn his attention to Oxford where he might only have to shell out £5 million rather than £50 million.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 02 Mar 2012 12:36

BR2
Cobi Shame most of it appears to be rubbish. This one would be great if true:

Let's hope our Russian doesn't get a change of heart and turn his attention to Oxford where he might only have to shell out £5 million rather than £50 million.

It would cost more than the extra £20m to build their 4th stand, an academy plus to Cat 1 status, training facilities etc..

No worries there.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 03 Mar 2012 19:48

this kid has far too much time on his hands:

01 Mar 2012 13:23:16
The takeover at Reading has now been completed and ratified. This will be announced within the next fortnight.

Brian McDermott has been given license to start enquiries and has already sounded out the availability of Jamie Murphy from Motherwell, Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield and Martyn Waghorn from Leicester. Reading have conceded defeat in the hunt for Mackail-Smith from Brighton.

The Matthew Connolly permanent deal at Reading is dependent on QPR staying up and Reading have opened talks with AEK Athens about former target Elfar Freyr Helgason. Fellow countrymen Kristján Flóki Finnbogason and Elías Már Ómarsson are currently training with Reading with a view to joining the academy. Reading have also been in touch with Chelsea about a possible loan for Sam Hutchinson but Chelsea want assurances that he would be a first team regular, which Reading are unable to guarantee.

Reading are focusing heavily on youth recruitment particularly following the announcement they will be aiming for Cat 1 Academy status. Expect to see several promising youngsters snapped up from other clubs on both a domestic and international level during the close season.

There have been enquiries about Gylfi Sigurdsson but Reading have given up hope on this. Swansea were close to signing Sigurdsson on a permanent deal but this has been scuppered as Markus Babbel wants to have a look at him in the summer before considering any bids. Due to Sigurdsson's form in the Premier League Hoffenheim believe that, if they do look to invest, they will be able to start a bidding war and get over £12m for the young Icelandic midfielder.

Ryan Bertrand has voiced his discontent at Chelsea as he was not provided with the opportunity to play in Cole's absence and would consider a move to Reading if promoted, however Brendan Rodgers is a known fan and Swansea have also been monitoring Bertrand's availability. Chelsea would be willing to sell but only with first refusal. Although Reading have Joseph Mills and Ian Harte at the moment this position is potentially a weak link and they are looking for reinforcements in the summer, especially if promoted where Harte's lack of pace and Mills' inexperience would be more of an issue.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Mar 2012 21:01

Friday's Legacy this kid has far too much time on his hands:

01 Mar 2012 13:23:16
The takeover at Reading has now been completed and ratified. This will be announced within the next fortnight.

Brian McDermott has been given license to start enquiries and has already sounded out the availability of Jamie Murphy from Motherwell, Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield and Martyn Waghorn from Leicester. Reading have conceded defeat in the hunt for Mackail-Smith from Brighton.

The Matthew Connolly permanent deal at Reading is dependent on QPR staying up and Reading have opened talks with AEK Athens about former target Elfar Freyr Helgason. Fellow countrymen Kristján Flóki Finnbogason and Elías Már Ómarsson are currently training with Reading with a view to joining the academy. Reading have also been in touch with Chelsea about a possible loan for Sam Hutchinson but Chelsea want assurances that he would be a first team regular, which Reading are unable to guarantee.

Reading are focusing heavily on youth recruitment particularly following the announcement they will be aiming for Cat 1 Academy status. Expect to see several promising youngsters snapped up from other clubs on both a domestic and international level during the close season.

There have been enquiries about Gylfi Sigurdsson but Reading have given up hope on this. Swansea were close to signing Sigurdsson on a permanent deal but this has been scuppered as Markus Babbel wants to have a look at him in the summer before considering any bids. Due to Sigurdsson's form in the Premier League Hoffenheim believe that, if they do look to invest, they will be able to start a bidding war and get over £12m for the young Icelandic midfielder.

Ryan Bertrand has voiced his discontent at Chelsea as he was not provided with the opportunity to play in Cole's absence and would consider a move to Reading if promoted, however Brendan Rodgers is a known fan and Swansea have also been monitoring Bertrand's availability. Chelsea would be willing to sell but only with first refusal. Although Reading have Joseph Mills and Ian Harte at the moment this position is potentially a weak link and they are looking for reinforcements in the summer, especially if promoted where Harte's lack of pace and Mills' inexperience would be more of an issue.

But to be fair, most of this is considerably more reasonable than the normal shoite thread.

1031 posts